First 1234 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why go looking for that?
    Curiosity.

And your post screamed SJ.
    You wouldn't know an SJ if they jumped out of a closet and hit you with a broom because you broke some rule in their house. I think you're hopelessly incapable of identifying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Well, I have returned home to find no charge on the receipt for $6.97, and there are only 8 entries, not 9 for the number of items I bought.
    The store is quite a drive (time consuming), gas is expensive (in two trips I will pay for the item in gas), and she insisted that she scanned it.
    What should I do?
    Wolf,

If it really bothers you, do something:
    Call the store mgr. and tell him/her the situation, making sure you mention how far away you live.
    My guess? The mgr. will tell you don't worry about it.
    No guilty conscience. Good karma earned.

Or:

Take 6.97 and give it to a homeless person on the street.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

You wouldn't know an SJ if they jumped out of a closet and hit you with a broom because you broke some rule in their house. I think you're hopelessly incapable of identifying them.
    Yeah I was only raised by them and married to one.

You always this wrong about stuff? You sure you are INTJ?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Alright, what type do you think I am?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You mentioned it to her and that's enough imo. Customer service people tend to be more concerned about being 'right' than getting the right answer or making money.

Why go looking for that?
    Have you ever had a warm injection into your cold logic? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. You may find it a guilty little pleasure.

And your post screamed SJ.
    What exactly do SJs sound like when they scream 'cause I heard screaming - is that what that was? I thought it was the neighbors.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Alright, what type do you think I am?
    You seem very much like an INTJ to me. This is a great example of how the same behavior can result from so many different thought processes. I'll venture a guess that your questioning of this has a lot to do with maintaining the integrity and consistency of your internal assumptions. It may appear trivial to an outsider, but even trivial inconsistencies can undermine the integrity of a system. I'm guessing you would indulge in an inappropriate behavior in a heartbeat if it maintained the integrity of your internal system.

I'm no expert on SJs, but would venture to guess that the focus would be more on what was the appropriate behavior in that instance. They would tend to adapt their internal focus to match what is generally considered appropriate. So in that case, my initial response would do far more to put an SJ mind at ease than our friend Wolf here.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

You mentioned it to her and that's enough imo. Customer service people tend to be more concerned about being 'right' than getting the right answer or making money.
    ?

I work in retail management. Trust me when I say that although 'employee carelessness' does cost companies lots of money that it is factored in and expected to happen. My INTP friend here actually went through a similar situation. He told me about going back,paying and then wishing he hadn't. Do what makes you feel better about your integrity-but going back and paying wouldn't be my choice.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I wouldn't go all the way back. You did try to tell her. If it keeps you up at night, which I don't think it would me, I'd send them a letter of explanation and a check.
    I agree with this and the others. If it really bugs you, then feel free to mail a check; but you tried to remedy the situation at the counter and she chose not to check the receipt.

If you feel bad about it, another way to do deal is to do something good in turn for someone else who needs it. (I hate this cliche, but you could "pass it forward.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

In that same situation, I might have to talk my INTP husband from going back to the store to pay for the item. He is probably the most conscientious person I know. Having a conscience does not disqualify a person from being an NT.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ

So, at the store I picked up a Tillandsia aeranthos (http://www.pbase.com/plbh/image/38598308), marked $6.97, and a stick of wood to place said Tillandsia upon. I was a bit preoccupied thinking about something when the checkout lady knocked my new Dendrobium over, which caused me to be preoccupied with removing the flower spike from the cart without knocking all the buds off (why do they sell them with spikes and not just with pictures of the flowers it will have?). Anyhow, while I was up to this, she scanned the rest of the items as I was watching out of the corner of my eye. I could have swore she missed the Tillandsia, and I told her that, but she insisted that she scanned it. Well, I have returned home to find no charge on the receipt for $6.97, and there are only 8 entries, not 9 for the number of items I bought.

The store is quite a drive (time consuming), gas is expensive (in two trips I will pay for the item in gas), and she insisted that she scanned it.

What should I do?
    I don't think you should worry about it. If shrinkage of $6.97 + tax causes the store to go bankrupt, then they already had bigger problems on their hands than forgetting to scan one flower.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.