NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

1. Immortality
    2. Invincibility
    3. Batman's gas-powered grappling gun.

Okay, I think the third wish deserves some explanation, or else you guys will think I'm crazy.

After much thought, I recently came to the conclusion that there is no situation that cannot be improved with the addition of playpen balls.

But then a couple weekends ago they had Batman Begins on TV, and it showed how he got his awesome, gas-powered grappling gun. I began to wonder all of the remarkable uses a gas-powered grappling gun would have in daily life: I could quickly cross the street; I wouldn't have to climb six flights of stairs to get to my friend's apartment; I would have a supercool way of making stylish entrances and exits; no longer would I have to walk the long way around to get to another aisle in the grocery store -- and so on.

So I was presented with a troubling existential problem: would having a gas-powered grappling gun improve situations more than the addition of playpen balls? After racking my brain I came up with the following scenario.

What if you were being suffocated by playpen balls? Like some kind of playpen ball quicksand. That would be the ultimate death-trap, because no human being can resist jumping in playpen balls. I can just imagine would-be murderers taking their victims out to this playpen pit-of-death and letting them jump into the bottomless abyss of bright-colored plastic balls, shrieking with glee as their heads forever disappeared beneath the surface and they sank to their tombs of delightful rainbow orbs. It would be so evil, like the scene with Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi, except for a playpen ball pit-of-death instead of that plant thing that eats people. It is so perfect because there'd be no escaping that kind of lure, only as you sank endlessly would you know its too late. There'd be no escape.

... Unless you had a gas-powered grappling gun to pull you out.

Yeah, I'd wish for Batman's gas-powered grappling gun.

MBTI
    INTJ

lol for The Office

1. For people to have the means to make themselves a little more happier than they are.

2. A job/career that will make me happy and support me.

3. Hmm.....
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

1. a world without puns (hope no one said that)
    2. to be a cartoonist and be able to make a living
    3. to know everything that has to do with math and science

1. To travel into space. And with a purpose, not just as promotional cargo.
    2. To make a comfortable living doing something that I find personally rewarding.
    3. The power to teleport anywhere on Earth instantly and also to stop and restart time. (They're related, so I'm making them one wish. Nyah )
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Here's my first sleep addled response:

1. One wish for everyone - respect for the dignity of all. I think that would preempt a lot of your bastardly 'genie catches'. I was trying to think of 1 wish that actually would make the biggest helpful impact on the world and that isn't hokey like 'world peace' (I've stolen Edahn's catch phrase and will inject it here: World peace? BORRR-ING!)

2. Balance? No, I think the bastardly genie would find a way to muck that up too.

3. So 1 purely selfish wish for myself -- always have my cup running over. Meaning my purely hedonistic, superficial needs are satisfied so I can concentrate on other things. Am I twisting religious verse here? And this is my clever catch-all which means I don't need to worry ever about money, looks, security. I mean, you would pretty much be free from existential angst and can run around the world in a private jet and spend lazy vacay months perfecting your Italian on the Amalfi Coast while attracting just the right number of fascinating, gorgeous suitors...yes? No? I'm sensing a loophole in my wish.

Maybe my real wish was to have been born a hotel/luxury brands/real estate/etc. heiress? Hmm...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

One wish only.
    I wish I would figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life so I wish for a plan.
    (Does that make 2 whishes? )

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    3. Batman's gas-powered grappling gun.

So I was presented with a troubling existential problem: would having a gas-powered grappling gun improve situations more than the addition of playpen balls? After racking my brain I came up with the following scenario.
    ... Unless you had a gas-powered grappling gun to pull you out.

Yeah, I'd wish for Batman's gas-powered grappling gun.
    *blinks* Would teleportation function better for all of the above situations that that grappling gun? Except perhaps it's less flashy... but you also eliminate the risk of slamming into objects plus it's instantaneously quick.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    3. So 1 purely selfish wish for myself -- always have my cup running over. Meaning my purely hedonistic, superficial needs are satisfied so I can concentrate on other things. Am I twisting religious verse here? And this is my clever catch-all which means I don't need to worry ever about money, looks, security. I mean, you would pretty much be free from existential angst and can run around the world in a private jet and spend lazy vacay months perfecting your Italian on the Amalfi Coast while attracting just the right number of fascinating, gorgeous suitors...yes? No? I'm sensing a loophole in my wish.
    I like that one ^^ Well the loophole might be that while you're hedonistic needs are satisfied... you don't have time left over to concentrate on any other things. You didn't wish for unlimited supply of time afterall... but that's a minor detail to work out between you and your genie.

MBTI
    type

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post133235

been thinking long and hard about this.

three wishes. here goes:

1. For pink and jaye to be free from pain.

2. For pink and jaye to be free from fear.

3. That they may be happy, always.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland