User Tag List

First 123 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Yeah, that is the conundrum. She talked about reality in the speech, but failed to mention that her plan could and would most likely fail because of that reality. Of course, I'm only further proving her point that as I am older and slightly more aware of reality, I am bounded by it more. It's always about balance, always will be, but reality says that the utopia is unfirmly planted on clouds.
    It is also about capability too. The parent can nurture a child to it's fullest potential. But, that potential will differ dramatically given the child.

That is a fact.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    It is also about capability too. The parent can nurture a child to it's fullest potential. But, that potential will differ dramatically given the child.

That is a fact.
    Darwin always wins.

ThatGirl

In one way or another, yes.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm annoyed by her tone and body language. Cool vocabulary, though...

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I didn't feel dumb watching the first part of that. I do feel a little dumb each time I log in here... in a "but it's okay" way, though.

Phantonym

Dumb? No. People like that give me hope for the future.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Dumb? Nope!

However I am happy to see that another of the awesome children generation Z being so able to articulate herself. It is true that adults lose visions, and as a child myself, I'm as idealistic, idiotic and bullet-proof as other forum members have said!

I hope that I can remain this state of mind forever, we are the generation who is truly thrown into the world of computers and never-ending knowledge. I think we can do something to change the world can change things - and it may sound BS, but I think I, and I would believe other children, would believe it.

But then again, I'm an ENFP, so...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mataphor
    ENTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest
    ENFJ
    She's annoying. Definitely an extrovert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    She's annoying. Definitely an extrovert.

She's using learned techniques for public speaking. Her patterns of speech, the pregnant pauses, the injection of humour, her body language, much of it looks like veneer.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

bored not dumb was my initial response. If we want kids of tomorrow to grow up and be better adults than us, we need to change the way we view the children. We need to look at them individually and find out what their potential is. Look up Ken Robinson on TED.

I think thats the talk where he describes the story of an acclaimed choreograph that worked on many of the original productions of Andrew Lloyd Webber plays. She was a terrible student at school and the parent where told by the principle to take her to the doctor because the school didnt know what to do with her. So they come to the doctors office and tells him about all these issues with her, that she cant sit still and so on. So the doctor asks for them to talk to him in private and leaves the girl alone in the room and turns on the radio. Then asks the parents to look in through the crack of the door he left open. And it doesnt take long before that the girl leaves her chair and starts dancing around. So the doctors tells the parents "Theres nothing wrong with this child, shes just a dancer. You should get her into a dancing class" And this choreographer (the girl) told that this was the best thing that happened to her because she met kindred spirits in that dancingclass.

If we find what motivates the kids, instead of what is needed for society to run or what cooperations need, we give every kid the opportunity to develope to the full of their potential instead of manufacturing kids to be what we want/need them to be. And I think thats what she meant. If we find out what motivates them all other things will become increasingly easier to learn.