User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    One of my best friends was raised Scientologist until she was 7 or 8. Her younger brother is still involved. She has some VERY creepy stories that correspond pretty well to the things that have leaked over the years. Her mother got out and is now SP and not allowed anywhere near any Scientology event. She was even prevented from visiting her son's school.
    Could you share some of her stories?

MBTI
    istp

when I think objective, fact based presentation, I think YTMND... the validity of the "facts" in these sort of video should be taken with a grain of salt. anyone who would put in so much effort to slander something is probably very biased, although... considering the complete inanity of scientology, i wouldnt put this past them.

the ominous pseudo-evil red text was laughable, though.

I found the wikipedia on Scientology very interesting. I looked it up after the Tom Cruise video was leaked to youtube. Also, read on Operation Snow White. They are pretty freaky, for sure. Lots of money at their disposal.
    Last edited by ArtlessFuture; 02-13-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo

MBTI
    GONE

The realm of speudo psychology and 'transpersonal transformation' blah blah blah is rife with hucksters, cult leaders, and good old fashioned con artists. I'm pretty well versed in all things hokey pokey hippie dippie macrobiotic and out there. I attended a Scientology introduction before. According to their personality assessment of me, I was mean and critical. When I was running late and the Scientologist center called, my brother told them, "My sister's not here, she went to visit some stupid cult." Hahahaa.

Scientologists are just much better at what they do than say the "Est" and "Foundation" people and the Hare Krishnas.

Extremely priveleged people who come from average backgrounds are RIFE, and I mean RIFE, to be conned by snake charmers. They're disconnected from reality (and by reality I mean real people) they're surrounded by folks whose livelihoods depend on kissing their asses and nodding their heads back and forth so fast it gives them whiplash, and they have had at least a taste of averageness in their lives so they are always looking for the "next big trend" as well as some return to that sense of reality and confuse the two. Or else they are just soooo far gone from reality that they are just easy marks.

Yoga, liquid fasts, Kabbalah, feng shui, etc. etc. etc.

Plus they have incredible 'discretionary funds' so the meaning of money and value is way off.

Rich people can be really fucking stupid.

Also, Scientology is supposed to catapault you to your highest potentials but the only full time employee (and they are employees NOT 'people of the cloth', it is NOT a fucking religion) I met from there was frankly unpleasant, unnattractive, and awkward. Not the best representative from any 'self-actualization' movement.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    When I was running late and the Scientologist center called, my brother told them, "My sister's not here, she went to visit some stupid cult." Hahahaa.
    LMFAO. My sis would've done the same if she couldn't prevent me from leaving.

Yoga, liquid fasts, Kabbalah, feng shui, etc. etc. etc.
    Certain practices such as Yoga/Feng shui/Meditation are not bad in and of themselves. They are ancient practices used from Asia and it's just the ridiculous modernizing/popularizing which has degraded it. By all means it's still a good thing for most people but they don't understand the principles. They just go after the 'pay off'.

Rich people can be really fucking stupid.
    Rich, average or poor can be really fucking stupid. 99% of people are probably stupid lolol Give anyone a belief unfounded on anything but has a potential pay off and you will find yourself believers.

Also, Scientology is supposed to catapault you to your highest potentials but the only full time employee (and they are employees NOT 'people of the cloth', it is NOT a fucking religion) I met from there was frankly unpleasant, unnattractive, and awkward. Not the best representative from any 'self-actualization' movement.
    I didn't know attraction would matter. I'm sure attraction vs unattraction is greatly disporportionate so it's likely that all the Christians and Muslims and Hindus and Kabbalists took'em already lolol But I'm sure it'd be a good incentive make the facade of a religion. *marks onto list for Cult*

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Certain practices such as Yoga/Feng shui/Meditation are not bad in and of themselves. They are ancient practices used from Asia and it's just the ridiculous modernizing/popularizing which has degraded it. By all means it's still a good thing for most people but they don't understand the principles. They just go after the 'pay off'.
    This is exactly what I meant. I think it was what the movie 'The Guru' was based on. And the other movie with Eddie Murphy as a holy man. Deepak Chopra has a lot of critics for the same reason.

It's easy commodify practices from other cultures and not really understand it or try to. It's just that those with a lot of discretionary money and time (the leisurely rich) or who are very pressed for time and stressed and need the next big thing brough to them (the busy rich) are at the forefront of trendy feeding frenzies. Spirituality lite.

I didn't know attraction would matter. I'm sure attraction vs unattraction is greatly disporportionate so it's likely that all the Christians and Muslims and Hindus and Kabbalists took'em already lolol But I'm sure it'd be a good incentive make the facade of a religion. *marks onto list for Cult*
    Well Scientology specifically targets the need for people to be attractive people and successful people. I really don't think other major religions do this -- if anything they stress your need to be a good person, be at peace with yourself, and be humble. I guess that's the fine line between religion and transpersonal etc.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    This is exactly what I meant. I think it was what the movie 'The Guru' was based on. And the other movie with Eddie Murphy as a holy man. Deepak Chopra has a lot of critics for the same reason.

It's easy commodify practices from other cultures and not really understand it or try to. It's just that those with a lot of discretionary money and time (the leisurely rich) or who are very pressed for time and stressed and need the next big thing brough to them (the busy rich) are at the forefront of trendy feeding frenzies. Spirituality lite.
    Never seen the movies. The only movies I've seen and liked of Chopra is Water (have Earth, haven't watched...). Yup about commodifying it. And through supply and demand it eventually becomes accessible to lower classes.

Well Scientology specifically targets the need for people to be attractive people and successful people. I really don't think other major religions do this -- if anything they stress your need to be a good person, be at peace with yourself, and be humble. I guess that's the fine line between religion and transpersonal etc.
    I did NOT know that. Err I think religion has plenty of problems in and of itself. But as for Scientology. I still say they are drugged via airbourne and probably as a precation pills which is mushed into food and dissolved in water. Rather like amphetamines? Those people in videos look so "focused" or distracted before their thought is complete and their eyes are diluted(I've yet to see one that wasn't or wide eyed).... Then mind-control is used in order to direct them.

All fun to joke about except it's real and it's accosting people their knowledge and lives and deaths of others.....