User Tag List

12311 Last

ByMySword

Angry The Knife in the Bar Story Dedicated to Metamorphosis!

This is dedicated to my best friend Metamorphosis who requested this story.

So me and some friends, the above included, went to a sports bar one night. Being the bad asses that we are, we went in there armed to the teeth. I went in with a 5-inch hunting knife with a faux stag handle my grandfather gave me right on my belt. Figure if I'm gonna kill someone, gonna do it with a sentimental weapon. So I figure that if its legal to carry up to a 5 1/2 inch knife on your person in public, it won't be a problem. Also, I'm wearing my shirt out and a pea coat over it. The bottom of the sheath barely shows under it. So, we walk in dressed all in black. We cut through the fucking crowd like a hot knife through butter. Anyway so we start playin pool. We get drinks. We've been playin for about an hour, when some guy comes up to me and asks, "That sheath got a knife in it?". So I'm thinkin " Nope, it's the wooden spoon of death, you stupid bastard". But self control gets the better of me and I blatanly tell him yeah. " Well you're gonna have to take it outside", he says. Fine. I go out to our vehicle and take it off. The other bouncer we went through the first time comes out and is starin right out me. He asks me "You had a knife on you?". Once again, a blatant yeah.

"I didn't know that!".

"Sorry!" (very, very, sarcastic)

In short, it ruined my entire night. There were no signs anywhere. They were just being dicks. If I ain't actually infringing on anyone's rights (in this case, stabbin the shit out of someone), then people need to shut the fuck up.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts?

MBTI
    INTJ

How poetic.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You went out in public armed? My goodness, you're lucky you weren't arrested. That would terrify me enough to call the police! I'd think you were planning to kill someone.

You have serious aggression issues. Really, I think you'll be much happier once you've talked through some of this with a psychologist, okay?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You went out in public armed? My goodness, you're lucky you weren't arrested. That would terrify me enough to call the police! I'd think you were planning to kill someone.

You have serious aggression issues.
    It's not a big deal, here, athenian. I might know one guy that doesn't carry a knife.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

ByMySword

Yeah, why can't I be armed? In today's world, you're stupid if you aren't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know what it is, but... the whole idea just creeps me out. If that's what's commonplace these days, I'm glad I don't go out in public anymore than I have to. It's not worth risking a fight.

The other issue that concerns me is that you seem to have a very hostile and abrasive personality, like you're the sort of person who might use a knife if someone said something the wrong way. I don't mean any offense, I just saw that pattern in some of your use of language/tone.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

A weapon... a knife? I don't think it's dangerous to have one in public. At least carrying it isn't... Having crazy hysterical people see you with one is though.

My believe is that a weapon is safe so long as you know what you're doing with it and have things well under control. It's only dangerous when you have some random idiot who doesn't know how to use it waving it around in public.

ByMySword

I think you are missing the sarcasm. But I really feel that carrying a weapon shouldn't be shunned. And if you avoid living, what kind of a life do you have?I take no offense, but I am on this world to live. That means that if there are those who would deny me that right, I will meet them head on with the same ferocity. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

ByMySword

Here Here Nightning! You said it!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    That means that if there are those who would deny me that right, I will meet them head on with the same ferocity. "If you want peace, prepare for war".
    Machiavelli, the realist prophet.