User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Very low rate of violent crimes, and it's normally unarmed violence. Potentially a knife, but they're not allowed to carry, so they're not likely to be involved in tavern brawls etc. Of course, when a student walked around drunk last weekend waving a toy gun, the police quickly arrived and unlocked their gun compartments in their cars, but guns are rare, and even Gas Station robberies are often done with a toy gun or by waving a knife/baseball bat/syringe or similar.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP

They're from Texas, you're not (including me). My intuition tells me that this is more of a cultural thing more than anything. Cultures have customs, rituals, rites, etc. I see that it has shocked most people but I think carrying a weapon requires a certain code of (personal) ethics. I've always admired west (lived in the west my entire life) and what it means to me: independence, freedom, self-reliance, honour, humility, the terrain/its facets, etc. Other inspirations include the samurai, native americans, celts, saxons, mongols, greeks, romans, etc. A weapon is a tool. A very useful one.

I reside in Utah for the moment and it's legal to carry a concealed weapon (either a gun or knife-the former must be in a purse or bag I believe) on you. It doesn't bother me because I don't actively seek the expression, "if you mess with the bull, you're gonna get the horns." Part of why I love westerns so much - if you looking for trouble you're gonna get it i.e actions of consequences. I'm aware that it's a part of my life (depending on the culture) in one aspect but I'm more aware that these are how things are here (Ti switch activated).
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Very low rate of violent crimes, and it's normally unarmed violence. Potentially a knife, but they're not allowed to carry, so they're not likely to be involved in tavern brawls etc. Of course, when a student walked around drunk last weekend waving a toy gun, the police quickly arrived and unlocked their gun compartments in their cars, but guns are rare, and even Gas Station robberies are often done with a toy gun or by waving a knife/baseball bat/syringe or similar.
    Interesting. That'd be absurd here in the states (police not carrying).

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    My avatar is from the Gunslinger Born comic book. The best book series ever!
    Cool. I don't really read comics but that one sounds interesting.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I think, though, there were judgement calls as no one knows BMS in real life and were projecting their own feelings based on the abrasiveness of his writing. So, perhaps, in future, he might want to ease up on it---or not as it's his right to write () however he pleases. He could've started his introduction to his blog with a less frustrative experience and then later do it so as to let others know he's not a psycho as you surely know so. He can let'em rip out with his angst once he's seen as a little more friendly. (If you're like my INTJ sis or ISTP bfriend you're probably rolling your eyes, thinking he can be as abrasive as he fucking pleases, so yup, it's his choice and he clearly made it~)

I'm beginning to see how he can be an INFJ and that I'm already relating to him with some ideas. Especially on honour and protecting others. I figured his writing style was more abrasive and he was probably more mellow/apparently nicer in RL. Otherwise, he wouldn't have apologised to athenian200. Even his humour mirrors my own.
    Yeah, this blog was (on request of Morphy) supposed to be an intro into my (and Morph's) dark sense of humor. So it was semi-serious and semi-bullshit. Of course, I haven't regretted anything I've said so far. This is really fun and interesting. I love hearing how other people see the world, even though I disagree with some. Everything after the intro to this blog, you can pretty much take to the grave as being me. The intro did have a little drama thrown in it. If you read my intro, I stated that I am very open minded. Even if I disagree with someone, I like to understand why they feel that way, and usually can.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    They're from Texas, you're not (including me). My intuition tells me that this is more of a cultural thing more than anything. Cultures have customs, rituals, rites, etc. I see that it has shocked most people but I think carrying a weapon requires a certain code of (personal) ethics. I've always admired west (lived in the west my entire life) and what it means to me: independence, freedom, self-reliance, honour, humility, the terrain/its facets, etc. Other inspirations include the samurai, native americans, celts, saxons, mongols, greeks, romans, etc. A weapon is a tool. A very useful one.

Part of why I love westerns so much - if you looking for trouble you're gonna get it i.e actions of consequences. I'm aware that it's a part of my life (depending on the culture) in one aspect but I'm more aware that these are how things are here (Ti switch activated).
    Yeah, pretty much your whole post was awesome. Westerns are my favorite. It fits being a history buff. I reinact the Civil War, post-Civil War, Texas Revolution, and mid-1700s with my dad, so he is part of the influence on my interests.

This is dedicated to my best friend Metamorphosis who requested this story.

So me and some friends, the above included, went to a sports bar one night. Being the bad asses that we are, we went in there armed to the teeth. I went in with a 5-inch hunting knife with a faux stag handle my grandfather gave me right on my belt. Figure if I'm gonna kill someone, gonna do it with a sentimental weapon. So I figure that if its legal to carry up to a 5 1/2 inch knife on your person in public, it won't be a problem. Also, I'm wearing my shirt out and a pea coat over it. The bottom of the sheath barely shows under it. So, we walk in dressed all in black. We cut through the fucking crowd like a hot knife through butter. Anyway so we start playin pool. We get drinks. We've been playin for about an hour, when some guy comes up to me and asks, "That sheath got a knife in it?". So I'm thinkin " Nope, it's the wooden spoon of death, you stupid bastard". But self control gets the better of me and I blatanly tell him yeah. " Well you're gonna have to take it outside", he says. Fine. I go out to our vehicle and take it off. The other bouncer we went through the first time comes out and is starin right out me. He asks me "You had a knife on you?". Once again, a blatant yeah.

"I didn't know that!".

"Sorry!" (very, very, sarcastic)

In short, it ruined my entire night. There were no signs anywhere. They were just being dicks. If I ain't actually infringing on anyone's rights (in this case, stabbin the shit out of someone), then people need to shut the fuck up.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts?
    I think the bouncer was just pissed because you got a knife through his no doubt mental image of his own inpenetrable fortress. That you got a knife passed him was probably an insult to him because it showed him as an incompetent asshat to his boss. There were obviously deadlier weapons than your knife.. like our perfectly chisled features and the stunning muscles contained within.

Whenever Rick Perry finally gets some sense and succeeds from the union, that guy will be our first target!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    They're from Texas, you're not (including me).
    Yes, I know. I'm only saying I'm glad I don't live in Texas. The Nordic countries are probably lucky the police don't have to be carrying, though it's getting more European here these days as well, so I guess things are changing. Still, the rest of the European culture seems rather gun/weapon reluctant as well, even if the police do carry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Interesting. That'd be absurd here in the states (police not carrying).
    I know. Different culture, bigger social differences etc etc. I wouldn't really mind the police carrying here either. I'm glad people in general don't though. Even if it means outlawing guns for civilians.

(Yes, I know, I know. If tanks are outlawed, only outlaws will have tanks.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

ByMySword

Distant Echo, you should know, you were there!

I was! I remember it like it was four weeks ago!
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Yeah, this blog was (on request of Morphy) supposed to be an intro into my (and Morph's) dark sense of humor. So it was semi-serious and semi-bullshit. Of course, I haven't regretted anything I've said so far. This is really fun and interesting. I love hearing how other people see the world, even though I disagree with some. Everything after the intro to this blog, you can pretty much take to the grave as being me. The intro did have a little drama thrown in it. If you read my intro, I stated that I am very open minded. Even if I disagree with someone, I like to understand why they feel that way, and usually can.
    Lots of fun~ I do recall your introduction saying you were open-minded but what I meant was the introduction to your blog could've started a bit differently so people didn't just see "crew-bar-knife-ANGRY " and just assume you're a psycho in a gang with aggression issues lol ---not that I saw that, just pointing it out~

But no worries, you'll probably even that misunderstanding out. Then again, first impressions! lol jk