User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    One thing I can't understand is the American public allowing the Patriot Act, something taking away your basic freedoms---and was basically done overnight hurried through your Senate...just one thing, anyway...
    The American Public can't actually take back legislation. Congress voted on a bill that they hadn't had time to read yet because they didn't want to be seen as being weak on national security.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

ByMySword

Well, I'm not going to get into a debate concerning Bush. He's a politician. They are all corrupt! Concerning the fetishes...no, I don't think i'm a button guy. Maybe zippers. lol

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Well, I'm not going to get into a debate concerning Bush. He's a politician. They are all corrupt! Concerning the fetishes...no, I don't think i'm a button guy. Maybe zippers. lol
    There's a whole nother thread for that. Weird Turn-Ons.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

People haven't changed for hundreds of thousands of years. Only the civilization that brings them together.
    I wish people had changed somewhat, though... grown towards being more caring and less brutal. Our lives would be so much more meaningful and fulfilling if they had. You can at least agree with that, right?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    The American Public can't actually take back legislation. Congress voted on a bill that they hadn't had time to read yet because they didn't want to be seen as being weak on national security.
    I know that, but they can collectively grumble and make the government fight. Although, I know in Canada it's different and I'm not so sure of how everything work on the South side.

I don't know your views on 9/11 or anything but it's absolutely a sham to me (based on extensive reading and intuition of the events). Your country has the greatest power of offence and deffence yet couldn't protect themselves in time for such an attack? The moment ANY plane in Western countries steer off course it is immediately alerted to that um place where they relay info to pilots upon landing and leaving and if anything seems wrong. You guys have jets that could've reached within seconds in to the Pentagon and yet they couldn't be launched? I know Michael Moore was aiming for impact and some of his stuff was just gimic, but there is a lot more to it. The more I look into it now, the more connections I see and I'm startled.

If you peer into who had to gain from such a horific event, from the buildings themselves to the weapons industry to the oil, it points to people well in control of things...I hate to sound so consipracist. If you want I can link you to youtube videos, yeah, Youtube...I know but it's interesting if nothing more than that.

Sorry on running off point.

athenian200, yes, people have changed for the most part. It's just those in power who hinder the progress and the ignorance of most who perpetuate that cycle. I hate to sound so corny, kinda , but it's of the few people who actively try to help by reaching out and by making their voices heard is there change for the better. For the most part.

ByMySword

Let's not make this a political debate when it was supposed to be a social one. Athenian, I know what you are saying. But I'm afraid you are living in a dream world. Just because things look good on paper, it does not make them logically functional in the real world. I'm sorry, but this is the world. One has to survive.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Let's not make this a political debate when it was supposed to be a social one. Athenian, I know what you are saying. But I'm afraid you are living in a dream world. Just because things look good on paper, it does not make them logically functional in the real world. I'm sorry, but this is the world. One has to survive.
    Yes yes, sorry, I know. It's so hard stopping myself from doing that Fe thing, sometimes lol. Okay, most times... However, I think you guys should leave it be as it's just creating bad feelings (maybe or maybe not for you). You don't know athenian200's personal history so it's hard for you to throw what you know onto her system. Just as it's hard for her to know yours. I guess, agree to disagree and shake hands!

However, offer still stands, Morphy ~

MBTI
    istp

In short, it ruined my entire night. There were no signs anywhere. They were just being dicks. If I ain't actually infringing on anyone's rights (in this case, stabbin the shit out of someone), then people need to shut the fuck up.
    you dont seem like the type of person id trust to carry around a knife. in my opinion, weapons should only be in the hands of rational, emotionally controlled people who actually know how to use them safely.

maybe that's why the bouncers were a bit ticked off when they found out?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know that. I just meant that if I had a choice, I'd prefer them to be that way. I guess I sort of wanted to know if you would prefer a more caring world where human beings had a different nature to a brutal one as well, or if that was just me.

I know we have to survive. But I so wish we could survive on a higher level, and I'm disgusted with reality. I wish I could fade reality back to nothingness and start over with a better design. I know that I can't, though.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I know that. I just meant that if I had a choice, I'd prefer them to be that way. I guess I sort of wanted to know if you would prefer a more caring world where human beings had a different nature to a brutal one as well, or if that was just me.

I know we have to survive. But I so wish we could survive on a higher level, and I'm disgusted with reality. I wish I could fade reality back to nothingness and start over with a better design. I know that I can't, though.
    I know that, during my worst depression, I just faded into my own world. I was jaded, sarcastic and apathetic of people and the world at large.

But in so fading, you only change your reality. If you want to push for change around you, you gotta pick up the torch and fight for what you want (however nicely you may want to do it Let others do the dirty work, if you want~). It's when you do that you can help change the reality around you.

We can't start over with a new design but we can make a new design for the future. So get to grafting your design all around you! We want you to come play with us. Come'on, you wanna play too, I'm sure~

Fear is something we use for self-protection against something new that we perceive to be a threat. Whether it's a new idea or a new ethnicity or anything else. Arming yourself with knowledge helps minimize that fear and eventually overcome it. You can then brave yourself in knowing that either it wasn't so bad to begin with or that it's something you must fight back in order to protect your ideals.

Wanna live on a higher level of existence? Gotta help everyone else get there too. Or it's you living on your own and that's never fun