User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I'd prefer to bank on my diplomacy, and I think being unarmed gives people a better impression of my intentions. If I can't run away or talk my way out of a situation, I'd rather just go ahead and die than live with someone else's blood on my hands.

I'm depressed that our society has degenerated to the point that people have to arm themselves to avoid dying in the typical public place.
    Being armed doesn't necessarily mean holding weapons. I've always wanted to learn combat/martial arts as a little kid so I could protect myself and my loved ones if necessary. I think I give a better impression when people know that if I'm with them I'll protect them as much as myself, if not more so

A weapon in the hands of someone who is cautious or prepared while knowing how to use it accurately is not dangerous. It's the intention of the perosn weilding the weapon. I don't like that we need weapons in our society any more than, I'm sure, you do. But it's sheer foolery in our day and age not to realise anything anywhere can happen, especially as there are so many poor psychotic or grieved people in the world, regardless the circumstances leading up to their psychotic behaviour (people are normally to blame for that...).

I wouldn't have a gun as a weapon probably because I'd fear of not thinking it through in the moment or finding another way out. I think I'd like to learn eventually, in case I must in a moment. Say, I get the gun away from someone but what then? If the person deems me ignorant on how to cock it and feels I'm too scared to pull the trigger...all for naught...Knives, I'm all for, but don't carry b/c I might just forget it in my purse if, let's say, I'm getting onto a plane...Oiii!

I think the main point is being prepared for anything. You figure the best way out, distract and let others escape if they can't do anything or are too young etc. Distract and gang up with others to overpower someone. Or just run if you can have no control of the situation at all--

I don't want to die at the hands of someone else but I've had to defend myself and I will fight. And I have. I've fought to protect not only myself but people close to me. Physically while it was happening and through the help of authoritiy figures afterwards. There is nothing brave about dying because you don't want to harm the other person. It's just sad doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed - Vietnam Veteran

and yes, I am a quote whore
    I loved all of that. Now, I can tell people what kind of bitch I am keke. As for breed, German Shepherd--

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I am not telling her how to live her life, but I do feel that if people are holding her back from living it, that isn't right. If she wants to be a hermit in her own house, that's her business. But if she is purposely not going outside out of fear, that isn't right either. I don't presume to tell people how to live, but if I can try to explain the way I see the world, perhaps I can inspire people to face their fears. People should not be afraid of their environment.
    I'm afraid of the stupity of people in my environment and beyond. The insensible natures coupled with stupidity fueld by cruel people smart enough to mislead their ignorance and kept them ignorant. I'm also afraid of catching Valley Girlism, particularly of the "Like like like Strain" but that's another reason entirely...

MBTI
    INTP

It's not a big deal, here, athenian. I might know one guy that doesn't carry a knife.
    Hey pardners. I have to say if all the people in Texas were stabbed to death, it wouldn't worry me none. See you on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    My goodness, you're lucky you weren't arrested. That would terrify me enough to call the police!
    You know Athenian, you really do sound like C3PO.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTJ

The fact is, most of our crew has a similar mentality. We are all willing to do anything for each other at the expense of other people, if that's necessary. Obviously this is to varying degrees for each of us.

When it comes to the potential for violent action...I trust myself and my guys much more than I trust anyone else...and if that means monopolizing violence...well, that's how it is. I'm not saying that anyone should hurt anyone for no reason, but if you aren't willing to stand up for yourself then you can't really complain when people take you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry
    Hey pardners. I have to say if all the people in Texas were stabbed to death, it wouldn't worry me none. See you on the news.
    Thanks for that well thought out response Mort. At first I nearly mistook it for stereotypical prejudiced idiot babble, but at least you backed it up with logic.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

ByMySword

I am an Eagle Scout, as is Metamorphosis! So we have had the "Be Prepared" the motto instilled in our brains!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, that's your decision too, Delirious. I'm not saying that I would have the self-discipline to avoid fighting back by lashing out or something if I were attacked, but I am saying I would regret it because I feel that it's wrong. But I'm pretty positive that I would run away rather than protect someone.

ByMySword... I do think you can carry it if you wish. But think about this: If you are so afraid of people that you'd be afraid to be around them unarmed, how can you really say that you trust them, or that you really feel "free" to be around them? Aren't you still really afraid inside, with the only thing between you and fear the ability to stab the other person dead?

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for that well thought out response Mort. At first I nearly mistook it for stereotypical prejudiced idiot babble, but at least you backed it up with logic.
    I glad you saw through it. Because of course what would be stereotypical about saying you don't care about something?

ByMySword

[QUOTE=Metamorphosis;130021]The fact is, most of our crew has a similar mentality. We are all willing to do anything for each other at the expense of other people, if that's necessary. QUOTE]

Well said crew member! First Blood! First Blood to My Bosom!

MBTI
    Zzzz

I just realised you're both from Texas. It all makes sense now! Texas!

Now, my question is, why haven't you guys monopolized violence to get at Bush? He's from your backyard. His loss would've been no expense to the world. Really!

Eagle Scouts? keke I suppose all dressed up too? Did you form a fetish for buttons?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I glad you saw through it. Because of course what would be stereotypical about saying you don't care about something?
    I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
    If you actually read what I've said it would make sense. But I understand if somebody is feeling sleepy. Is somebody feeling sleepy?