User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you be alive in 15 years?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably

31 83.78%
  • Probably not

6 16.22%
First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if I'm not alive in 15 years it'll be my own stupidity or impetuousness that has done me in, not some worldwide disaster... more than likely
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I'd prefer not to be, but knowing my luck....probably.

Although I imagine it will be something like this.

[IMG]

Or this

[IMG]

AND THAT MAKES ME SOOOOO MAD!

I am probably going to end up being around 108, and the last one left. Damn my alpha-ness.
    You have to watch this to the end:

[YOUTUBE="nMQ50ZXV194"]LOL[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Fixed link.

ThatGirl

"Your dogs mirror your behavior."

Nice. Dude Lmao.

In a sad kind of way. Lol.

Sooo true.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Outlook not good.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    if I'm not alive in 15 years it'll be my own stupidity or impetuousness that has done me in, not some worldwide disaster... more than likely
    Considering how you are more likely to get into a car accident than a worldwide disaster happening.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think every generation has had some threat that was going to end the world. Communists and then hippies were big ones that I remember but that doesn't seem to have panned out so well. Nuclear war was another big one. While it is certainly still a possibility (as well as 9/11 type attacks) I wouldn't change anything I do out of fear. In fact, considering the way I kinda "zone out" while walking around town, I think getting hit by a bus is something I would be more worried about(and should maybe pay more attention too). So I'm voting for...yep I'll still be here in 15 yrs
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

In 15 years I will be 38 and I could retire in 4 more years, I really don't see me lasting that long. I never could see my self growing old, but then, no one really knows.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

i'll be 45. i'm pretty clumsy. i bumped my head today and wondered
    if i would die in the manner of natasha richardson.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Nuclear weapons, diseases, peak oil, global conflict and national madness, an absence of conscience, geological anomalies, and of course, 2012. I have a feeling I'll be dead very soon. I know I'm predisposed to excessive worrying, though, so I want to gauge other people's opinions.

Do you think the world will end imminently? What do you think? What do you feel?
    An absence of conscious? That made me cringe so much I had to respond to this. Do you believe that in prehistoric times, when there was no 'human' conscience, the world was worse off then it is now? Isn't it in fact the very -presence- of consciousness that lies at the root of all your worries? Might want to think about that one.

As for on topic. I don't see why I should worry about the future. Eventually we all die, when or where that happens, who knows. We can influence that, obviously, but unless we are out to commit suicide, we won't have a definitive answer to this.

Suppose in the near future the worst case scenario plays out.

Markets crash, economy explodes, friction between nations rises, international and civil wars erupt leading to a nuclear war, population spreads thin, food shartages, famine, diseases, and anarchy as a result.

Then who cares. It's not like we didn't deserve it from letting it go this far.

So, I'll just live day by day without worry, and if in 20 years I'll kill my neighbour because he tries to eat me, then that's what I'll do. That would be, after all, the world we live in.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    An absence of conscious? That made me cringe so much I had to respond to this. Do you believe that in prehistoric times, when there was no 'human' conscience, the world was worse off then it is now? Isn't it in fact the very -presence- of consciousness that lies at the root of all your worries? Might want to think about that one.

As for on topic. I don't see why I should worry about the future. Eventually we all die, when or where that happens, who knows. We can influence that, obviously, but unless we are out to commit suicide, we won't have a definitive answer to this.

Suppose in the near future the worst case scenario plays out.

Markets crash, economy explodes, friction between nations rises, international and civil wars erupt leading to a nuclear war, population spreads thin, food shartages, famine, diseases, and anarchy as a result.

Then who cares. It's not like we didn't deserve it from letting it go this far.

So, I'll just live day by day without worry, and if in 20 years I'll kill my neighbour because he tries to eat me, then that's what I'll do. That would be, after all, the world we live in.
    Yeah, I just watched a film in which a girl in her early twenties randomly dies of choking, and a 30-something guy crashes his car and dies, another guy marches off to war (which may or may not kill him), and then you see all of these ancient old crones drinking and singing.

We could die tomorrow or live to be 100, even if the world doesn't end.

I definitely don't believe in that 2012 B.S. though.