Best book?
    Best website?
    Best game/app?
    Best gadget?
    Best meme?

Tell me something good about last year!

EDIT. Favourite thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Best lay evar!
    jk jk
    Hmm..
    I cant think of anything.
    2010 sucked
    "To me a hellish truth is better than a heavenly lie."
    - Dizalddin during the War of Analonas.

figsfiggyfigs

include Favourite Thread of 2010. : D

2010 was a blur for me.. can't remember anything specific. Will give it more thought later

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Movie wise I found it disapointing,but I mostly watch classics anyway. Also, I am not cool enough to know about the latest memes or gadgets (guess it was a good year for Apple fans). I discovered loads of really good books, not necessarily from 2010 though. So here is a first brief personal list:

- A regional politician whose guts I hated stepped down.
    - The thing with the Chilean miners landed me a job to translate some videos for national television (don't know if they used my translation, I didn't see the documentary they used it for), so I got to walk around the huge building complex and even accidentaly ended up lost on the open air set for one of their shows!
    - The massive protests against the construction of a new train station in Stuttgart started a whole new protest movement contributed to politicizing the German public. Overall it was a bad year for Merkel & Co.
    - My Spanish friends went nuts over the World Cup victory.
    - I made more money in 2010 than in 2009 or 2008, as a freelancer I am personally affected by the improvement of the economic climate.
    - My little sister got her PhD in molecular biotechnology.
    - My little brother went to Sumatra for some biological research, took some great pictures and brought me a prayer carpet, hope he gets me something nice when he goes to Nigeria next month!
    - Facebook is has become naff, at least in my environment people have strongly reduced the time wasted on there. Looks like the worst part of the fad is over.
    - Do I get brownie points for saying I discovered this forum?
    - It's embarrassing to admit, but I got emotional over Lena Mayer-Landruth winning the Grand Prix d'Eurovision. It had become a running joke that Germany sucks at it.
    - My ex and I got closer again (most people assume we are still a couple anyway) and we might get back together as soon as we both get a few things sorted out.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

2010 was the year I broke my life. I love breaking things, there's so much possibility in the pieces.

MBTI
    INFP

2010 was a good year in general for me. Im going to do all that I can to make 2011 just a good if not better.

Best author discovery of 2010 - Audrey Niffenegger
    Best movie in theatres- social network
    Best lesson - iPhones are overrated. I hate the heavy, clunky, awkward, i-cant-even -put this in my pocket., television-remoteyness of mine and will totally be getting something else this year

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Best album/song? Sumo Hertz by Mochipet (2009, but I discovered it in 2010)
    Best movie/play/show? Breaking Bad
    Best website? Reddit
    Best game/app? We Love Reddit
    Best gadget? Fork
    Best meme? Foul Bachelor Frog

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am totally behind the times. I don't even remember hearing a new song in 2010 [Edit remember hearing Like a G6] not to mention which one was best. The only one I can think of is Red Dead Redemption for best video-game; one of the awesomely rare video games I play all the way through to the end (I was essentially MIA for two weeks).

Otherwise I have be salvaging around in the past for most of 2010.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

best video game/music video?

[YOUTUBE="rP322FWfJWQ"]Das Racist- Who's That? Brooown![/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Movie wise I found it disapointing,but I mostly watch classics anyway. Also, I am not cool enough to know about the latest memes or gadgets (guess it was a good year for Apple fans). I discovered loads of really good books, not necessarily from 2010 though. So here is a first brief personal list:

- A regional politician whose guts I hated stepped down.
    - The thing with the Chilean miners landed me a job to translate some videos for national television (don't know if they used my translation, I didn't see the documentary they used it for), so I got to walk around the huge building complex and even accidentaly ended up lost on the open air set for one of their shows!
    - The massive protests against the construction of a new train station in Stuttgart started a whole new protest movement contributed to politicizing the German public. Overall it was a bad year for Merkel & Co.
    - My Spanish friends went nuts over the World Cup victory.
    - I made more money in 2010 than in 2009 or 2008, as a freelancer I am personally affected by the improvement of the economic climate.
    - My little sister got her PhD in molecular biotechnology.
    - My little brother went to Sumatra for some biological research, took some great pictures and brought me a prayer carpet, hope he gets me something nice when he goes to Nigeria next month!
    - Facebook is has become naff, at least in my environment people have strongly reduced the time wasted on there. Looks like the worst part of the fad is over.
    - Do I get brownie points for saying I discovered this forum?
    - It's embarrassing to admit, but I got emotional over Lena Mayer-Landruth winning the Grand Prix d'Eurovision. It had become a running joke that Germany sucks at it.
    - My ex and I got closer again (most people assume we are still a couple anyway) and we might get back together as soon as we both get a few things sorted out.
    Sounds like you had a pretty good year!

Moar pls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.