User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ya but one day in life you'll find out that it is necessary to take a side.
    I take my own side regardless of everyone else on those days. It generally aligns with everyone and no one, its my personal opinion.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I just defend myself when I feel I have been wronged.

I don't look for fights... but I'll sure as fuck finish them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I take my own side regardless of everyone else on those days. It generally aligns with everyone and no one, its my personal opinion.
    Wait till you have kids
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Everyone takes a side, but its the ones who "believe" there side is the right side that gets stuck. And I do take a side...opposite of you. Its actually quite entertaining and frustrating. Its called externally taking a side while remaining internally nuetral. If not you just become hard headed and stubborn.
    It's also why I ignore most of your posts, Poki.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Wait till you have kids
    I do. He is not always right.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's also why I ignore most of your posts, Poki.
    Doesnt suprise me, my dad is INTJ, I argue to kill the arguement with him. Something about someone gettting loud to prove a point doesnt sit well with me. On a side note I have learned to get loud without trying to prove a point just because thats where the arguement went.

I do it for cognitive dissonance as well, though until I read victors posts in the past about cognitive dissonance I had never even looked up that term. I dont do it for pain, I do it to counter argue whether I hold the opinion I am argueing or not. It drives someone who is "trying" to convince me of something nuts. The point is just to see mulitple sides which is the opposite of someone trying to "convince" someone of one side.
    I would certainly hope you don't do it to induce pain. But when a person states they understand X behavior causes pain, and then purposely engages in X behavior, it becomes rather clear what someone's intent is. In that particular exchange, Victor made the allegation Jung sexually abused his patients. He provided no evidence. Since he believes TypeC members revere Jung, and MBTI, he will say anything-the more outrageous the better-just to get a rise out of people. That's his version of "cognitive dissonance."

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I would certainly hope you don't do it to induce pain. But when a person states they understand X behavior causes pain, and then purposely engages in X behavior, it becomes rather clear what someone's intent is. In that particular exchange, Victor made the allegation Jung sexually abused his patients. He provided no evidence. Since he believes TypeC members revere Jung, and MBTI, he will say anything-the more outrageous the better-just to get a rise out of people. That's his version of "cognitive dissonance."
    I dont believe that Victor has a clue how to really cause coginitive dissonance except within his own mind.

edit: and on a side note there are types who enjoy cognitive dissonance because its like a light bulb going off and a new way to see things.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    and, not the correct definition at all.

what that describes is trolling. and... possibly a very sad life.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I love how this thread seems to be turning into an argument. It's ironic, and not in an Alanis Morrissette kind of way.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING