123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Movies or Movie Scenes I Hate

This thread is inspired by the "Movies I Like" thread. List those movies that you hate (or at least movies that a part of it you hate [i.e. a scene, an ending, a major inappropriate plot hole or inconsistency or other flaw]

I would like to start with a movie/semi minstrel show that was a total waste of time and a complete mind fart. Cop Out; it should have been called “Try Hard” or better yet, "Crap Out" because it was a big piece of crap. Even more disappointing because it is directed by Kevin Smith of Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back; two movies I am quiet fond of.

It looks like Smith tried hard to make a movie that was so dumb it was funny and only made a movie that was dumber than fuck.

As far as endings although not the worst ending "The Village" had one of the most annoying endings especially following M. Night's very good twister ending in "The Sixth Sense.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

The amount of Notebook I've managed to stomach. Could never finish it. I wanted to strangle the girl.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The Killer Inside Me... any scene where a woman gets beaten to a pulp

Last House on the Left... can't deal with the rape scene- we got up to do dishes then

those are the two off the top of my head
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I think the worst film I have ever seen is 'In the Name of the King' by Uwe Boll.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although not on my worst movie list. What really bothered me beside Matt Modine's fake British accent was the fact that this straight to DVD movie totally lied what the movie was about. Bald face lied.

"After a group of friends witness a horrifying crime, they wonder how they were lucky enough to escape, unharmed, while one friend did not. Through this self-discovery they start to understand the meaning of their own hilarious yet twisted fate. As their time starts to run out, the chance at redemption isn’t too far behind." (This is simply not what this movie is about except by a long stretch)

It also essentially misrepresented by packaging by milking the star power of Zach Galifianakis by giving him top billing despite being in only a scene of the movie which lasted about 12 min.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ugh... and Funny People, a movie that totally failed to live up to it's name
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although this may piss off some people I nevertheless say unto you.... he official first James Bond movie Dr. No has aged horribly and thus has devolved to some form of primordial slime. This is difficult to say because I still find Ursula Andress the most sexy Bond girl who outshines that skanky Pussy-Galore any day and I thought I enjoyed it the first time I saw it. BUT NOOOOO DR. NOOOOO IS NO GOOD NO MORE.

But maybe I was wrong or there was some alternative reality switch where the good Dr. No has been sucked out of existence and a sucky Dr. No has been sucked into existence. As a James Bond fan this was a hard reality to accept but it sucks as much as James Bond loves drinking shaken martinis while having causal unprotected sex with multiple partners.

MBTI
    INTe

What Dreams May Come
    Last Year at Marienbad

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    What Dreams May Come
    I have not seen this film and I have heard some people really like it and there is a decent score (6.6) on imdb. Its on my rental Q too. I am genuinely curious, what exactly did you dislike about that movie?

MBTI
    INTe

Just bring ginger ale and a barf bag and you'll be fine.