User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies or Movie Scenes I Hate

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Everyone hated Cop Out, I assumed this was just for movies you hated but most people liked.

In any case:

I despise 300.

Also Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire was an awful movie.

violaine

Shopgirl - irritating and icky.

La Vie en Rose - my INTJ besty and I walked out of this one. After the retelling of her second car accident or whatever depressing, overwrought moment in the movie it was. We just looked at each other and mouthed "wanna go"? We were both in foul moods after sitting through it, lol. There is a way to do melancholic and this wasn't it.

Inglorious Basterds - opening scenes were absolutely brilliant. I had a difficult time sitting through the rest and wish I hadn't. Too violent. Seemed like a wasted opportunity to do something interesting.

Breakfast at Tiffany's - I only just saw this the other day. I did miss the very beginning. The Holly character was incredibly annoying and everything she stood for was blech-worthy. The Japanese landlord caricature sealed the deal. I thought this movie was terrible. I hear that the book is better.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Breakfast at Tiffany's - . . . The Japanese landlord caricature sealed the deal.
    Yeah. While I don't think it was a very large controversy controversial at the time (1961), that character is now regarded as a huge misstep for that film pretty much universally.

I don't give a damn about the chinese character, but the book is better indeed. It possesses the wonderful Capote neatness.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

"Enchanted" made me feel nauseated. I couldn't finish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    It might be fine for some people, but I rather not live in a world where people think it is okay for dolphins to rape each other.

Senior Member Array

Punch-Drunk Love (2002) starring Adam Sandler and Emily Watson, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. I saw it in theatres, having heard it was very good. I ended up coming very close to walking out (I stayed in the futile hope it would get better) and later described the experience as "being cock-slapped by Anderson's ego".

A Serious Man (2009), directed by the Coen brothers. I love The Big Lebowski so I went into A Serious Man with high expectations. It turned out to be self-important crap. Supposedly I didn't find it funny because I'm not Jewish therefore I don't 'get' it. I'm pretty sure I 'got' the jokes, they just weren't nearly as clever as they were supposed to be. It plodded along hopelessly and frankly I was happy when it ended.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Alexander.

That movie stole over three hours of my life that i will NEVER have back; Oliver Stone, you owe me!!!

I remember at about the hour and a half mark thinking "well, it's bad, but there can't be too much more to go..." BUT I WAS WRONG AND IT WASN'T EVEN HALF DONE! By that time i was invested, no matter how bad and had to continue....

Over acted, over indulgent, poorly scripted tripe.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Inglorious Basterds - opening scenes were absolutely brilliant. I had a difficult time sitting through the rest and wish I hadn't. Too violent. Seemed like a wasted opportunity to do something interesting.
    I don't mind violence but this movie seemed over-hyped and senseless. Didn't hate but was very disappointed.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJE_6zU9qD8"]NSFW[/YOUTUBE]

This shit was stupid.

Senior Member Array

I liked Inglourious Basterds, but I assumed from the get-go it would be satirical. I know many other people did not; a friend of mine hated it with a passion because it was too verbose and nonsensical ("THAT'S NOT HOW HITLER DIED!!" ).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast