User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I suspect that he just arrived at his new job assignment and is slightly dissapointed.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Ahhh. I thought that picture looked familiar. At the Gates' Garden of Grief Single - they have some great songs on there from back when they were excellent.
    Nice. But come on, "Slaughter of the Soul" is pure quality and really earned them the reputation that they have in the melodic death metal scene.

Full album picture:

MBTI
    ISTx

The picture fits the title. Picture is filled with grief, introspection, despair and isolation. Feels haunting and almost brooding. That's where it takes me. Was interested to see how it made others feel.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I suspect that he just arrived at his new job assignment and is slightly dissapointed.

lol'd

My first thought is that I want to visit there. After a few seconds, I felt like maybe there was a mystery to be solved and I wanted to ask the monk about it. The picture itself conjures up a slight dread, but a stronger feeling of mystery and adventure.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Nice. But come on, "Slaughter of the Soul" is pure quality and really earned them the reputation that they have in the melodic death metal scene.
    The production of Sots is very good, don't get me wrong, but I think Sots lost most of their sublimity found in their earlier works, especially The Red in the Sky is Ours + With fear I kiss the burning darkness. I felt like they really sold out with this album.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    The production of Sots is very good, don't get me wrong, but I think Sots lost most of their sublimity found in their earlier works, especially The Red in the Sky is Ours + With fear I kiss the burning darkness. I felt like they really sold out with this album.
    Yeah. I can see how a true ATG fan would say this. I'm a sucker for over produced and polished metal. In other words, true metal heads hate me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Opinions, feelings?

This image feels like a Medieval fantasy village destroyed by dragons. The wizard in the black cloak has failed to defeat them and now many people are dead. The town survivors will turn on him because of his failure and the wizard will go in hiding, where he will make a deal with the dragons to rebuild an empire that will destroy those backstabbing villager bastards.

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah. I can see how a true ATG fan would say this. I'm a sucker for over produced and polished metal. In other words, true metal heads hate me.
    I wouldn't sell yourself short here, tbgo. Sots is a fun album to listen to but I wouldn't consider it to be their most artistic endeavor. That is probably where most of the purest hate stems from: e.g. Brittany spears vs. Beethoven. If you like their songs because their fun, awesome. If you consider brittany spears of a higher esoteric expression over the other (beethoven) and others (other classical composers), you will most likely run into trouble. In other words, you obviously enjoy the music and it means a lot to you so therefore that's great.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    Ixxx

Maybe I've had too much experience with "vampires" and practitioners of magick; but it looks like a kid wearing a robe and hanging around the local tourist attraction deep in thought.

OR a monk that is picking at a pimple on the side of his face. It also looks like there is the shape of a pig's face or gas mask on the upper left area of the wall in back.