User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I guess its good you don't then...
    I don't need guns. I also don't bark.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ you need something. The only question is whether it's a bullet, a prison sentence, or therapy.

The Muay Thai training works out my natural aggression.

And the weed helps me to unwind and not be so anxious.

Doing things for others makes me happy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm usually not that stressed enough to really not achieve peace.

There used to be a point in time not too long ago where this seemed to be a problem, but personally I think peace can be boring, but it's necessary to have in order to find other entertainments in life that are available.

What I did was try to pinpoint the problem of conflict, whether it was within myself or my surroundings that was causing me to be a bit off.

If it was me, and my lack of management of time, I'd simply make a to-do list so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore and be all stressed about it. Then I'd make sure that I didn't lose that to-do list, or I looked at it long enough to have a visual picture in my head so that if I forgot anything, I'd look back at that picture and see what I forgot (I'm sort of like that Cam Jansen character like that. )

If it was from other people, or if something I had absolutely no control over, I'd try and think of ways in which I could have some sort of control over the situation, which usually work sometimes, but if not, I'll do calming stuff like taking a bubble bath, sleeping (I know people tell me when I'm really off my rocker, I become semi-narcoleptic and just sleep for a very long period of time in order to calm myself, or I just look dead and zombiesque) playing non-stressful video games, or hanging out with different people.

If I'm extremely pissed, I go for an 'angry run' or 'angry nap'. Angry runs really help, as I don't stop running until I'm not angry anymore. Naps, not so much, as I wake up only a little less angry. Most of my problems seem to be from anger.

You have to accept that you cannot control how you feel or think if you are not able to rationalize yourself out of such unpleasant reactions. Just find ways to cope if there is no other way.

Also, don't isolate yourself for too long. That can have a detrimental effect on anyone, especially extroverts. Even if you think you just need to 'get away from everyone', you probably just need to get away from the people who are making you think that...which is not everyone. And find others to hang out with.

Drugs can help too, if you're not entirely against that (legal or illegal )

Oh, another thing that helps me is busy yourself to the point where when you do go to bed, you're too tired to think. That helps me a lot too...except I haven't been able to make myself all that busy recently. Join an activity center, volunteer, start a hobby, they can all help.

PS: Now what exactly can I do with these...bonus points? Do I win an ice cream cake?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    PS: Now what exactly can I do with these...bonus points? Do I win an ice cream cake?
    With the bonus points you can choose from our selection of high-quality merchandise, like Chinese finger cuffs. Only 1000 points. Or, this expensive paddle-ball game.

I like the sleeping suggestion, but my troubles seem to emerge in my dreams, so I don't always like going to bed. God, dreams are so weird.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

And the weed helps me to unwind and not be so anxious.
    Getting high never helped me. It actually makes me more paranoid and obsessive. Then I fall asleep. It does make me feel really good the next day for some reason. Like I always get the best sleep after those few times I've done it.

^ you need something. The only question is whether it's a bullet, a prison sentence, or therapy.
    What would you choose for me if you were in the position to do so?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What would you choose for me if you were in the position to do so?
    A big black rubber fist and a tube of industrial lubricant.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Therapy... lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    and those times when that fits are the times that we have to find a way in, rather than out. I hope this makes some kind of sense. I hope this relates to what you were asking.
    I find this to be true of myself. Those around me seem to have such a negative view of detaching from the world, but I really think it can be very healthy and helpful. I know for myself I've detached from a number of social circles during the last few months and honestly it has made me feel more at peace.

However, I've yet to find any activity that lets my mind relax. I may play simple flash games that at least let my mind focus on very simple things, but this doesn't bring the same kind of satisfaction that physical activity brings. That is I always have a sense that I'm wasting time and that nags at me.

I suppose I could take up physical activities that force me to focus because of inherit danger like rock climbing or tight rope walking. I don't know if yoga would help as I've done a small amount in the past and found that the lack of movement allowed my mind to wander rather than empty. Maybe something that required constant movement like tai chi would enable me to engage in constant movement that required enough focus to distract my mind and "empty" it, but did not create the stress of video games and dangerous physical activities.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ENTP

Escaping within rather than without. I like that.