User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Serial killers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

^^ Hahah, that made me smile.

I find Powell and Stalin good looking as well. But I think that is definately part of the reason some serial killers or "bad" people get so far in life -- people are willing to look past people's actual actions and weird vibes they get from people and instead look at their beautiful brown eyes and witty charming facade. I dunno, I find it hard to wrap my head around people who live with serial killers and HAVE NO IDEA.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Okay, Stalin and Lewis Powell were objectively hot. I feel weird.
    You shouldn't. The fact is I agree and that they are. Other aspects of who they are have little bearing on that.

That's why Edward Cullen looks good but he's still a dick, but Jon Hamm looks good and is totally awesome. Or, for that matter, John Gacy is unattractive and awful but Abe Lincoln is ugly but great.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Also, vieamemmusique, I find the decision to put bad in quotes odd. One, a heavily racist pro-slavery guy who was ready to kill for the idea (actually the plot was intended to fully destroy the line of succession at the time, throwing the nation into total chaos, though only Booth killed his target, the man on Johnson chickened out and Powell, whose attempt caused extreme strife and even arguably death in the Seward family, did not kill his intended target) and the other easily in the top five historically for "responsible for the most unneeded deaths"?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Not serial killers, but murderers or attempted murderers who loved slavery who were, frankly, very much considered attractive (then, and maybe even now):

John Wilkes Booth:

and his co-conspirator, attempted murderer of Secretary of State Seward (on the same day as the Lincoln assassination) Lewis Powell:

On a similar note, though I'm straight, I've always found Stalin, perhaps one of the worst people to ever live, quite a looker in his youth:

You know who else is hot? Vladimir Putin, and yes, Lewis Powell is objectively hot, SO HOT that I am deeply troubled by that photo from approximately 150 years ago.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Dude, I'm setting Lewis Powell as the background on my laptop. He is my dream man. You were right, ajblaise.

[YOUTUBE="G6wUPCqwWI8"]it's alright to be mean.[/YOUTUBE]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    You shouldn't. The fact is I agree and that they are. Other aspects of who they are have little bearing on that.

That's why Edward Cullen looks good but he's still a dick, but Jon Hamm looks good and is totally awesome. Or, for that matter, John Gacy is unattractive and awful but Abe Lincoln is ugly but great.
    I would like to note that I DO NOT THINK EDWARD CULLEN LOOKS GOOD.

Thank you.

There is something inner that radiates outward. He don't have that.

Epiphany

No shortage of women who dream of snaring a husband on Death Row / Experts ponder why deadliest criminals get so many proposals

Scott Peterson, the man who was convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child, had been on Death Row barely an hour when the first proposal arrived from a woman who wants to be the new Mrs. Scott Peterson.

Three dozen phone calls came in to the warden's office on Peterson's first day at his new home in San Quentin State Prison -- women were pleading for his mailing address, and one smitten 18-year-old said she wanted to marry him.

As far as anyone knows, these women don't really know Peterson -- and unlike Laci Peterson, they certainly haven't spent any time with him, usually a requisite for getting married -- but, according to several experts on the world of the condemned, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is the allure of marrying a notorious man, regardless of the fact that he may well end his days with a state-approved needle sticking out of his arm. There's the danger of it all, and, ultimately, the safety of it: If things go wrong, the wife can walk away.

"They love the celebrity status," said Jack Levin, a criminologist who is director of the Brudnick Center on Violence at Northeastern University in Boston. Levin is co-author of the book "Extreme Killing: Understanding Serial and Mass Murder," which explores, among other things, what Levin called "killer groupies."

"These are the same women who might correspond with a rock star or a rap artist," Levin said. When such a woman writes to a rock star, he said, "the best she can hope for is a computerized signature on a photograph." When she writes to a serial killer on Death Row, "she might get a marriage proposal."

Others give the potential prison brides more benefit of the doubt.

"A lot of women are really taken with the man's criminal case, and they overwhelmingly believe these men are innocent," said Rick Halperin, a history professor at Southern Methodist University and president of the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty. "Many think the man shouldn't be alone and that even if he doesn't get out, there should be somebody there supporting him."

Prison weddings in California are a regular occurrence. In general, about 20 inmates get married in ceremonies held on the first Friday of even-numbered months at San Quentin, and usually at least one condemned inmate is among them.

And Death Row inmates have no shortage of suitors. In fact, the more notorious the murderer, the less he has to work for female companionship, San Quentin spokesman Eric Messick said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

YAY HOT GUYS ARE MURDERERS.

I feel like rubbing it in your faces since men are always being shallow about the way women look. I mean, like totally.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    YAY HOT GUYS ARE MURDERERS.

I feel like rubbing it in your faces since men are always being shallow about the way women look. I mean, like totally.
    That totally makes sense too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I would like to note that I DO NOT THINK EDWARD CULLEN LOOKS GOOD.

Thank you.

There is something inner that radiates outward. He don't have that.
    Well, if it is something inside that radiates out, then it is perhaps the most duplicitous inner quality possible (though I find Megan Fox's looks to betray her status as kind of a bitch, later reinforced by interviews).

I based the Cullen thing mostly on female and/or gay friends, and even then on the Robert Pattinson iteration, not the vaguely but infinitely handsome book descriptions that I've seen (to no one's surprise). I have little response to the man myself, though he the actor may be a fine person (he's probably not as dickish as the character seems to be).

And the only reason there aren't as many hot murderesses and/or symbols of evil: not a lot of female murderesses/symbols of evil. Not that women are incapable of such, they just aren't in the position to do so. It's a trait irrelevant to who some one is as a person.