Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    That's the thing though. White males aren't disproportionately more inclined to be serial killers in relation to the general population. Didn't we just talk about this?

I think the question you're trying to ask is, why aren't white males proportionately committing other crimes while they are proportionately committing serial murders. Is that correct?
    No, that is not correct. But this is three minutes for women to make up their mind thread, and I'm done with this conversation, because the only people engaging in the conversation aren't even willing to marginally explore other possibilities.

ThatGirl

Ugh, every woman wants to be the woman that DIDN'T get killed.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Serial Killer Groupies

In other words, getting involved with violent men makes them feel stronger. They can then transcend feelings of vulnerability and poor self-appraisal. That much empowerment makes them feel more vital. Add the fantasy that they are truly loved or are being truly loving, and this connection can become an addictive drive.

A few of these women are also attracted to the celebrity status they gain—even if there is some dubious quality to it. They like going on talk shows to proclaim their love, being interviewed, and being allowed the chance to insist that the convicted murderer got a raw deal, was not capable of those crimes, or is different now. They may even take credit for "reforming" him, as if their love was the magical ingredient.

And the man doesn't have to be attractive. Henry Lee Lucas, a one-eyed serial killer who confessed to more than 300 murders, recanted, and confessed again, has had his share of female admirers. Despite his apparent sexual relationship with Ottis Toole, he's nevertheless compelling to some women as a potential mate. (One woman even came up with a plot to free him by posing as his supposedly murdered former girlfriend.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I know? What is that? Some Xtreme Sports version of the women who feel victorious when they can get the player to be faithful, or get the cold-hearted asshole to fall in love?

ThatGirl

Exactly.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm not saying Marm likes or adores serial killers at all, but I intuited that she'd be heavily involved with this thread before I entered it.

Glycerine

And, of course, the ENFJ was the first one to talk about serial killers.... how classy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ^ Dag nabit just like high school.

Friggen serial killers always seem to get the babes.
    Not serial killers, but murderers or attempted murderers who loved slavery who were, frankly, very much considered attractive (then, and maybe even now):

John Wilkes Booth:

and his co-conspirator, attempted murderer of Secretary of State Seward (on the same day as the Lincoln assassination) Lewis Powell:

On a similar note, though I'm straight, I've always found Stalin, perhaps one of the worst people to ever live, quite a looker in his youth:

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, Stalin and Lewis Powell were objectively hot. I feel weird.

I always thought Greg Kinnear would be good to play Bundy in the 3,800,000th movie about his life. I think they look alike.

There. That was a useful contribution, no?
    Something Witty

Epiphany

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29d6RDSK1c"]Miles Fisher[/YOUTUBE]