Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    There was a black serial killer on Forensic Files the other night. I don't remember his name. The only reason he got caught was because his girlfriend incriminated him after she found out that he was cheating on her. The criminal profilers said that the way the victim's bodies were killed and situated suggested that he hated women. They determined that his murderous rage was caused by his girlfriend and he projected his hatred of her onto his victims.
    Right, but the exception doesn't cancel out the rule. If we have 99 white male serial killers (and the very first serial killer was Jack the Ripper, from England) and most serial killers were white until recent decades (when society has started to change) and then we have 2 black males, 1 Asian male, and 1 female, we still have a sociological pattern. It is by looking at that pattern that we can determine why it happens in the first place, whether future serial killers are white, black, or tan.

Also, there is a difference between mass murder and serial killing. People who pick off a bunch of people by standing on the water tower or in McDonald's with a gun aren't serial killers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Right, but the exception doesn't cancel out the rule. If we have 99 white male serial killers (and the very first serial killer was Jack the Ripper, from England) and most serial killers were white until recent decades (when society has started to change) and then we have 2 black males, 1 Asian male, and 1 female, we still have a sociological pattern. It is by looking at that pattern that we can determine why it happens in the first place, whether future serial killers are white, black, or tan.

Also, there is a difference between mass murder and serial killing. People who pick off a bunch of people by standing on the water tower or in McDonald's with a gun aren't serial killers.
    According to this article http://www.all-about-forensic-psycho...l-killers.html

It states: The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population.

Charles Ng, a native of Hong Kong, China, killed numerous victims in Northern California, in concert with Robert Lake.

Derrick Todd Lee, an African-American, killed at least six women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Coral Eugene Watts, an African-American, killed five victims in Michigan, fled the state to avoid detection, and murdered another 12 victims in Texas, before being apprehended.

Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, a native of Mexico, murdered nine people in Kentucky, Texas, and Illinois, before turning himself in.

Rory Conde, a Colombian native, was responsible for six prostitute homicides in the Miami, Florida area.

Regardless, I read somewhere that the chances of being killed by a serial killer is about as likely as that of catching leprosy or malaria.

Curiously the chances of some people getting laid are about the same. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    (and the very first serial killer was Jack the Ripper, from England)
    Jack the Ripper gets too much hype. What about Gilles de Rais? I read a little bit of his child killings and wanted to curl into the fetal position.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wouldn't expect an NT to be so butthurt about objective information, but there it goes.

From what I've read, it's related to power structure, and that people who feel more powerful or who are narcissistic would be more likely to be a serial killer. Therefore, it would make sense that white males largely did this in the past, but that the trends are changing now that society is becoming more equal. Also, now we have "copy cats" because information about serial killings and other murders are widely available.

It's just like how there's more schizophrenia in more developed countries.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    There was a black serial killer on Forensic Files the other night. I don't remember his name. The only reason he got caught was because his girlfriend incriminated him after she found out that he was cheating on her. The criminal profilers said that the way the victim's bodies were killed and situated suggested that he hated women. They determined that his murderous rage was caused by his girlfriend and he projected his hatred of her onto his victims.
    I say that is pretty typical, MM. Serial killers usually start killing after some sort of stressor. The victims usually directly or indirectly remind the killer of the stressor. For example, Bundy's victims usually had long straight hair w/ a middle part (similar to his first true love who broke his heart).

Glycerine

Well, there was the woman from Transylvania (known as Romania now) who killed about 600 girls for their blood to retain her youthfulness in the 1600s, I think.

There was also some English or French noble who was rumored to have killed 800+ young boys way before the 1800s.

Sorry for my lazy facts, I just don't feel like like looking up seril killers right now (this is all from memory).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, there was the woman from Transylvania (known as Romania now) who killed about 600 girls for their blood to retain her youthfulness in the 1600s, I think.

There was also some English or French noble who was rumored to have killed 800+ young boys way before the 1800s.

Sorry for my lazy facts, I just don't feel like like looking up seril killers right now (this is all from memory).
    You mean Elizabeth of Bathory. And this would still make sense with the power structure/narcissism theory because she was a Countess.

Glycerine

hahaha, I just love how this thread has progressed. And if someone needs a disclaimer: I am not saying whites are more dangerous but that in the western world, stats show that white males make up most of the serial killers. And of course, I am not insinuating anyone here is a serial killer but at the same time, I am not going to chance it with the random guy after knowing him for a few minutes. That said, you are much more likely to be murdered by someone you know.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    hahaha, I just love how this thread has progressed. And if someone needs a disclaimer: I am not saying whites are more dangerous but that in the western world, stats show that white males make up most of the serial killers. And of course, I am not insinuating anyone here is a serial killer but at the same time, I am not going to chance it with the random guy after knowing him for a few minutes. That said, you are much more likely to be murdered by someone you know.
    Yup. I was just commenting on sociological trends, which is why I said for example this or that kind of killer is more likely to be of this race. Those are just facts that I think can be utilized to get to the bottom of why these things happen. Mentioning differences in race or gender do not make one racist or sexist, and I would expect NTs of all people to be objective with that fact, but maybe Te is better at handling that than Ti.

It's actually one of the things that I like about certain cultures outside of the U.S. that there isn't such a constant emotional reaction to "this person is white/black/male/female/fat/thin."

Epiphany

I took a tour of a jail recently and noticed that the majority of the inmates were non-white. This isn't because white people are less inclined to commit crimes, but obviously because most of the population in low-income/high-crime rate areas are non-white, which is a different discussion in and of itself. Your chances of being the victim of a non-serial killer who isn't white is probably higher than your chances of being killed by a white serial killer; but again, that's not really an issue of race as much as environmental factors.