User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Dear Smokers..

  1. #11
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    How about carrots? They are very crunchy and you have to work your jaws hard, which is good for anyone with an oral fixation.
    I admit to having an oral fixation.
    But I never smoked.
    Because it smelled bad and gave me a terrible allergy attack. Also I am a singer, and smoking kills off your breath support. I worked too hard to get those high notes to lose them.
    I stick with food and the occasional bitten pencil and chewed up straws.
    And now, I try to tell all the smokers I know and care about to please think about quitting. Last month, I lost two people that I cared about to stage four lung cancer that had spread before they were diagnosed.
    It is very heartbreaking to lose people in such a way.
    Please don't smoke.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  2. #12
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    I ate apples the first time I quit.

    The best way, though, is waiting until you're really sick. It's much easier to quit when you already have difficulty breathing. It was recommended to me before I got sick and I decided to jump on the opportunity once it appeared. It really is amazing how good cigarettes smell when you smoke regularly and how shitty they smell whenever you don't.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  3. #13
    Senior Member Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Love thy smoker; hate thy smoking.

  4. #14
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    I got in trouble in school for smoking because I often came to class smelling like cigarettes. It wasn't my fault! Both my parents were chain smokers and it was imprinted into my clothing. I iz a good girl!

    But on a serious note, my mom was able to quit after more than 20 attempts, just 3 years ago. The only issue is that she went from smoking to eating and ended up gaining 80 lbs. She's now just being able to get the weight off. Just be careful what you switch your habits to after smoking. That is the lesson boys and girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  5. #15
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    I went to substitute cigarettes with coffee last time I went to quit... I ended up with a rather wicked caffeine addiction as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #16
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    I think dropping, or even lessening caffeine intake, really...is more difficult than quitting nicotine. Luckily it has virtually no social stigma and has different, less noticeable negative side effects.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  7. #17
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    the headaches when one misses a cup of coffee is rather annoying though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #18
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the headaches when one misses a cup of coffee is rather annoying though
    I had pretty bad headaches for a week the first time I quit coffee. Now I can either drink it or not, so I am quite happy with that. If I could get something similar done to my smoking, I'd be thrilled. I don't want to quit it completely, but I am annoyed by the fact that I am sitting outside in a bad weather just because I need my fix.

  9. #19
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I went to substitute cigarettes with coffee last time I went to quit... I ended up with a rather wicked caffeine addiction as well
    oh no! for me the two go hand in hand.

    first thing in the morning... make a pot of coffee, go out to porch for cigarette and coffee to enjoy the morning sunshine. aaaah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think dropping, or even lessening caffeine intake, really...is more difficult than quitting nicotine. Luckily it has virtually no social stigma and has different, less noticeable negative side effects.
    i disagree! i've given up caffeine for the most part these days.


    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I had pretty bad headaches for a week the first time I quit coffee. Now I can either drink it or not, so I am quite happy with that. If I could get something similar done to my smoking, I'd be thrilled. I don't want to quit it completely, but I am annoyed by the fact that I am sitting outside in a bad weather just because I need my fix.
    i grew up drinking pepsi like it was water. around 18 or 19, i decided this wasn't exactly healthy or good and decided to drink water like it was water and not touch sodas. i wound up with some of the worst withdrawals ever. shakes and headaches. after a few days though, i was fine. didn't drink another soda for at least two years after that. now i have one on occassion, but i don't need it.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  10. #20
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    btw, i'm going to quit for my new years resolution! plus, i'll have the support of all my friends quitting at the same time. yay!

    but for right now... i need a cig. brb.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Similar Threads

  1. Dear Santa
    By pippi in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 12:57 AM
  2. [NT] Dear Google
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 01:57 AM
  3. Measuring self: by dreams? What do you hold dear?
    By white in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
  4. Pipe smokers
    By Valiant in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO