User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I concede on the grounds that, its probably better left alone.
    Well what if when you had your child instead you had twins to quintuplets or clones of your baby, could you decide?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I really wish Vent worked for me so I could be a part of this enthralling conversation. D:
    how do you use vent? I downloaded the program because I wanted to participate in the chats but I ain't know how to use the dern thing. I wasn't motivated enough to figure it out on my own so I'm hoping someone will just lay it out for me here.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    My parents would probably let me die over my other sister. They probably would pick her out of all seven children.

I'll probably have a favorite too, but I don't think the situation would arise to where I would have to pick one or none, so meh.
    Why do you say that? Do you think your siblings would agree with you?

BTW, ThatGirl, your question has already been answered in a blockbuster artistic format.

[YOUTUBE="6_QML6RdN0E"]AfterShock :WARNING: This is at least R Rated...I think[/YOUTUBE]
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This sounds like a dumb debate, yeah. When would this ever happen? lol
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Lady Fortuna just smiled from ear to ear with inspiration. She has a clear plan for you now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Did you guys not watch the trailer? You can be struck by natural disaster at any time! You've got to CHOOSE, man!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

I don't understand how the low occurrence-possibility of an event makes the debate of it "dumb". Its called theorizing for a reason, just an exchange of ideas, and opinions. Stupid or not, it was good to see peoples insight, and how they felt regarding this subject.

And, by the way, this DOES happen to people and their families.

In Iraq, a few years back, my own aunt's house was broken into, and the gunmen asked her to chose only one of her kids to keep out of the three. Luckily they all came out alive.

So yes, the possibility is low, doesn't make it impossible.
    Last edited by figsfiggyfigs; 12-19-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: sry for mistakes, haven't slept in 2 days.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    A little bit of the context of the conversation is lost here, tbh. In the natural flow of conversation I ended up telling a little story about my mother's fear of having to choose between her children.

My mom used to have reoccurring nightmares that she was in a public place, and two strangers grabbed both me and my brother and ran in two different directions (this is when we were small kids). She woke up nearly having panic attacks over having to decide which one she would chase after. This 'fear' of having to choose between us was something that she worried about A LOT. And we were once watching some movie where a hostage takes someones kids and gives them a similar decision about picking one to live, and my mother started crying and had to turn off the movie.

My impression from TG's response to it, was that she does not believe it's possible for a mother to not know which one she would choose, and that my mother was actually so distraught because she knew which one she would choose and felt badly about it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Is this not Sophies choice? Or some similar title, its a debate or discussion based upon the "choice" that a Nazi officer gave someone either in or a train to a concentration camp? I'm not sure.

I dont know that favouritism can be that strong, any favouritism between parents and children which I've been able to observe and I've had the chance to observe it form its most basic to its most complex (involving ostrichising children, scapegoating, transference, emotional conflicts, the whole kit and kaboodell) is generally to do with behaviour, there are a few exceptions, for instance individuals who have been the victims of incest or rape whose children then remind them of the perpetrator.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm an only child and so I'll always be my parents' favorite (except if my dad suddenly gets a new, young girlfriend and gets a child with her), but from what I've seen in other families I can conclude most parents have a favorite child. Most of the time this is the younger child, except when this child is mentally/physically challenged or when the older child is male and affectionate and the younger child is female and more distant. I don't know what the case is in families with more than two children, because families with more than two children are rare where I live. I also have to say that not all parents love their children. In fact, some children are severly disliked by their parents, even if they're ambitious and friendly and stay out of trouble. Not all of these children are unplanned, most were planned and sometimes parents even put lots of effort and money in having this child.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.