User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 56 of 56

  1. #51
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'd ask "and then what happened" but firstly it'd be rude and secondly it'd be quite a glitch in this thread. Definitely not TMI more like TMQ

    Just let me get one thing right though... it's the sound guy for Christian rock bands as opposed to the lead singer for mainstream bands? Interesting.

    Lead singers tend to lack that certain essential element . . . that geek appeal that is so irresistible. I just don't understand the appeal of a probable temperamental prima donna when you could have an intelligent and unassuming genuinely nice guy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  2. #52
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Lead singers tend to lack that certain essential element . . . that geek appeal that is so irresistible. I just don't understand the appeal of a probable temperamental prima donna when you could have an intelligent and unassuming genuinely nice guy.
    You could have just said you went straight for the one with the largest toolbox and missed out all that evasive nonsense
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #53
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Eh... what kind of problems are you resolving? I have several "issues" lately.
    Throw them out there and see what comes back.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #54
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

    So I'm young to you but you're not old? Me thinks either your eyes need checking or you're in denial
    Well I am older than you, my eyes are great and I am not in denial. IOW I think don't think I look my age and I hate the thought of getting wrinkly and will do whatever I can (within good reason) to prevent looking and acting like an old bat.

    Nope don't want kids. I like my free time exactly where it is thank you. I've already enough hobbies to last until my 53rd childhood so I don't see the point of messing all that up to try and imprint my beliefs on an impressionable mind (not that I'm accusing it's just that's the only reason I can see to have one, there are others no doubt, I just can't see them).
    Good that you know that. Hopefully the woman of your dreams will feel the same way.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  5. #55
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Well I am older than you, my eyes are great and I am not in denial. IOW I think don't think I look my age and I hate the thought of getting wrinkly and will do whatever I can (within good reason) to prevent looking and acting like an old bat.
    *backs slowly away*
    Yess MAM!

    (I can see how you manage with an INTJ )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Good that you know that. Hopefully the woman of your dreams will feel the same way.
    Well she says she does now but she didn't before. Who knows what's tomorrow's conclusion. She's an ESTP!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #56
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Nope don't want kids. I like my free time exactly where it is thank you. I've already enough hobbies to last until my 53rd childhood so I don't see the point of messing all that up to try and imprint my beliefs on an impressionable mind (not that I'm accusing it's just that's the only reason I can see to have one, there are others no doubt, I just can't see them).
    I'm with you on this. If you say you don't want to reproduce, that's fine by me. I don't want you to reproduce either.

Similar Threads

  1. 2016: Do We Have The Right?
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 07:39 PM
  2. North Korea: We have the ability to miniaturize nuclear weapons
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 03:21 PM
  3. Main problem we have with relationships, and how can MBTI solve it
    By elranger1 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 08:09 PM
  4. Do we have the right to manipulate and destory nature?
    By Nyx in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 08:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO