User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'll start. I have an opinionated ESFJ neighbor who always finds a way to insult people who have more than she does. She is jealous, bitter and comments on everyone which drives me crazy! How should I deal with her?

PS I've tried ignoring her by pretending she doesn't exist, but she keeps pushing her way back into my life!
    When she is complaining, be a pain in the rear to be around, until your neighbor decides its not work it and gives up.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    When she is complaining, be a pain in the rear to be around, until your neighbor decides its not work it and gives up.
    She will never give up and I am certainly not going to encourage her by baking her cookies! (Oberon )

Our daughters are the same age and like hanging out together so that is what connected us again this last time. In the past I've had to hang up the phone on her because she was being irrational and not listening.

I'll just go with the flow and continue letting her know when she's stepped too far over the line. I could go on as there is plenty more to gripe about where she's concerned, but it's boring and I'm sure we all have better things to do.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'll start. I have an opinionated ESFJ neighbor who always finds a way to insult people who have more than she does. She is jealous, bitter and comments on everyone which drives me crazy! How should I deal with her?

PS I've tried ignoring her by pretending she doesn't exist, but she keeps pushing her way back into my life!
    You live in the Bible Belt, right?
    I like Kenneth Copeland's suggestion.
    You grab the person's hands and say, "Let's pray for them right now."
    She may never speak to you again!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You live in the Bible Belt, right?
    I like Kenneth Copeland's suggestion.
    You grab the person's hands and say, "Let's pray for them right now."
    She may never speak to you again!
    Thanks Mom, but she would love that and then I'd surely never get rid of her!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sometimes, with that kind of person, if you start talking about yourself or your life, they can't get away from you quick enough. Talk right over her loud enough that she pretty much has to shut up. Talk about the most mundane little things you can think of. Do not give her anything you don't want the whole neighborhood to know, but tell her about your fictional aunt with her fictional health problems, etc. May not work with her but I have had it work with folks more than once.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

I can't help you with your neighbor problems....I mean unless you want to go jail forever.

But I need help, what do you do about a person who tells you how you feel? Um excuse me? I'm so glad you know how I feel better then myself. I'm glad you know my motives, even though I would never share them I have about 2 people I'd be willing to share my motives with and you're not one of them.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks Mom, but she would love that and then I'd surely never get rid of her!
    I tried it!
    I had a woman calling me on the phone to gossip about people.
    I jumped in and prayed for one of the people, and she NEVER called me back again.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

So Xander and I are the only ones with problems? Somehow I don't believe that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a cough that cough medicine isn't doing a damned thing for! Anyone have a cure for this?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have a cough that cough medicine isn't doing a damned thing for! Anyone have a cure for this?
    Have you tried using a humidifier? Also try rubbing Vicks on your chest and wrapping a warm damp cloth over it. Have you tried Robitussin?