User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oddly enough I never have a problem with those I work for only with those I work with. I'm just not built for the whole maze of human interaction on that level!
    Yup. My husband has that problem, too. He's such a hard worker, he makes all the other guys look bad, and they resent him for it.

I think the secret for knowing when to leave a job has to be when the fear of the unknown is overcome by the fear of staying stuck where you are.

Oh and just in case you were thinking of taking that advice about getting fired, being fired doesn't look good on a resume. Better to quit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh I get lost in all those possibilities long before I get to any clarity over such questions. I'm a 9! How do I discern between what could be and what I want it to turn out like? That's always been my problem
    iow... "What do I want?"

Sorry, dude. INTPs are hosed.

Honestly, though, asking me about how to figure out what you want... i'm probably the last person you want to ask that, i have enough trouble figuring out what I want.

Well that's one problem. I have no real work aspirations with any clarity and as such no hard qualifications nor any direction to follow to get one. I'm a bit stuck in confusion and fear to be honest.
    Another question, then. If you have no aspirations and no desire to change jobs, then why do you feel the need to question whether you need to change jobs? Is there some underlying fear you are not articulating yet, or are you creating a problem for yourself where none actually exists? (i.e., trying to live up to the expectation that you SHOULD be looking for "better" jobs?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    iow... "What do I want?"

Sorry, dude. INTPs are hosed.

Honestly, though, asking me about how to figure out what you want... i'm probably the last person you want to ask that, i have enough trouble figuring out what I want.
    Too true. Depressing and yet some days an odd point of celebration
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Another question, then. If you have no aspirations and no desire to change jobs, then why do you feel the need to question whether you need to change jobs? Is there some underlying fear you are not articulating yet, or are you creating a problem for yourself where none actually exists? (i.e., trying to live up to the expectation that you SHOULD be looking for "better" jobs?)
    8 years on the job (start of next month) and I'm still pretty much doing office junior tasks for less than
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

I would think it would be difficult for an American to advise an Englishman on career moves.
    Your economy is very different from ours.

Oberon

8 years on the job (start of next month) and I'm still pretty much doing office junior tasks for less than
    Why don't you quit your job, go on the dole, write a series of best-selling youth novels that are subsequently made into films, and become the richest person in the UK?

Oh... sorry. It's already been done.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I would think it would be difficult for an American to advise an Englishman on career moves.
    Your economy is very different from ours.
    But.. but... Mom knows best. Doesn't she? She MUST do!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Why don't you quit your job, go on the dole, write a series of best-selling youth novels that are subsequently made into films, and become the richest person in the UK?

Oh... sorry. It's already been done.
    Yeah and I've tried the writing thing. If you think I blabber on here!!.....
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm now afraid to tell Jen anything. Her five-cent psychiatric practices are very painful, sadistic, and unorthodox.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Oddly enough I never have a problem with those I work for only with those I work with. I'm just not built for the whole maze of human interaction on that level!
    So look into jobs where you don't have a whole mess of coworkers?

I wouldn't know where to start with that, but there have to be more solitary jobs with similar/maybe even better rewards...

Although, as Oberon says, starting your own thing might work. Then you'd only have to deal with who you wanted.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm now afraid to tell Jen anything. Her five-cent psychiatric practices are very painful, sadistic, and unorthodox.
    I'm a professional, you can tell me anything.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Xander if you want to have a nicer house, a better car and overall comfortable lifestyle then you'll have to climb to get there. Focus on your goals and you'll be fine. But then again I am a J and I hear that most P's just can't get motivate to make changes so my advice is probably crap.

Anyway good luck! I have a lot of confidence in you!

Too true. Depressing and yet some days an odd point of celebration

Just saw this. It's definitely time for a change! Are you an assistant to someone else?
    Time is a delicate mistress.