User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I got 68 wpm...twice lol. But English is not my native language. What a bunch of weird words.

I did one in Romanian which was easier, and the words weren't put in sentences.

You reached 405 points, so you achieved position 253 of 17998 on the ranking list

You type 553 characters per minute
    You have 102 correct words and
    you have 2 wrong words

: ))

I did however try about 14 times to get this score.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    I usually type faster while carrying on a conversation with someone (because I'm not thinking about it) however I can only do that when copying and not composing, if I am creating something new and someone talks to me then I end up typing what they are saying. LOL! I've always wondered, can anyone else do that? Type and talk at the same time?
    *Raises hand* I remember last week carrying on a long conversation with with baby sis about something or other *she seemed determined to distract me while I was trying to talk on messenger* and causing her quite a lot of bemusement by continuing to type fairly rapidly while looking at her and responding in a more or less appropriate manner, paying very little attention to the screen except to read the other person's responses. Distraction was not an issue, as I only needed a fairly small proportion of my brain in order to respond to whatever she was saying about her house and garden and family, or whatever, and I could devote the rest to framing whatever was to be my next input into the conversation.

What I find extremely difficult, apparently in contrast to most people, is copying, I would most likely have problems with dictation too if I tried. This is why I'm not going to even attempt that tpying test; I go at far below my usual writing speed when trying to copy what someone else has written and make a lot more errors, in addition to suffering frequent lapses of concentration and focus.

I would estimate in any case that if I know exactly what I'm intending to write my speed would be somewhere from 60-90 wpm, more commonly towards the lower end of the range, due to the fact that I make a lot of very strange typos but tend to auto-correct as I'm writing without even thinking about it (am very familiar with the location of the <backspace> key!). If I never had to correct at all somewhere over 80 would seem reasonable - I've had many people comment on my apparently "furious" typing when I'm writing something in a hurry.

Unfortunately anything that slows down my typing is probably related to dyslexia rather than typing skill as such (I'm often irresistably drawn to type something that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I meant to say, and only a minority of mistakes are the usual errors of typing letters in the wrong sequence or hitting adjacent letters). For the same reason I have to double check stuff quite a bit unless there are silly errors I've missed (this can happen regardless of the speed of typing). Oh, well, I get by I think, at least wordprocessors have the delete function, unlike handwriting!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTP

46 wpm with no mistakes.
    Which is wrong. I made lots of mistakes and corrected them while typing. That's what I always do. I "feel" it almost always when I make a typing error.
    I suspect I get a higher speed because of less mistakes (so less time lost on correction) when I type in my mother language...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

40-45 wpm, and this is one of the things I am fastest at.
    I don't think there is a correlation, unless there is perhaps a tiny difference in speed between types depending on which type is most likely to spend excessive amounts of time on the computer.
    That might work, though it doesn't with me since I spend tons of time on the computer but due to my extremely slow processing, things kind of cancel out.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

93 WPM.
    2 errors.
    Like a Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    102 wpm clean
    Don't try to steal my shine.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

82 wpm, no errors. Not a home row user. I just kinda know where the keys are...

Easy for me since data entry was a part of my former job for 5 years.... Not to mention we were critiqued on our speed and accuracy...

I remember in college typing 70 wpm and my instructor telling me I'd type faster if I'd trim my nails back.... I told her the passing wpm is 55... I think I'll be just fine.

MBTI
    ENTP

New measurement.
    Averaging 11,5 words per minute while writing. With writing I mean typing a text I'm inventing at the same time. In my mother tongue.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I am wondering if some types are more likely to be better at typing fast without compromising accuracy. I see typing on the keyboard as most related to S- it is a motor skill. I am wondering if S types are naturally better at this than N types.

Then again there may not be a correlation at all. If you practice anything enough, you should get reasonably good at it. I'm pretty fast at typing but I've been doing it regularly for years.

Here's a typing test:
    free online touch typing speed test - wpm words per minute

I got 82 words per minute, 2 errors.

So post your typing speed and your type and let's see if any patterns emerge.
    Hello,

My results came up as 85wpm with 3 errors. This is the first time I have taken the speed test, but I have always adapted quickly to new technology, but I am unsure of whether that is because I was born in a quickly advancing technological era or if it is because I pertain the Si function. Either way, I think that you're right in wondering if some types are more likely to be better at typing fast without compromising accuracy. I am able to have a better understanding of things when I can visualise them, which (You're right again, I think) an Si trait.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

66 with one error, although the error was because I am English and for me color is always colour.

I can type at a decent speed, but I constantly stop and alter the errors on the way because of work, my boss is one of those people who doesn't trust that you can spot your own mistakes and hates going back to fix errors after, so instead of the method I used to use of going back after and correcting the errors I do them on the fly which slows me down considerably.

Although I find it hard to get into a zoned-out mentality which is what I need to touch-type. And despite typing since I was a small child I still need to look at the keys occasionally to remind myself where they are, my muscle memory isn't that good which is why I don't trust the statement "It's like riding your bike, once you've learnt it, it will stick with you forever".

That's never been true for me, either I constantly work at it or it goes, I've got a very poor working memory. High working memory is correlated with higher levels of information processing and (for want of a better term), higher intelligence.

What Is Working Memory and Why Does It Matter? | Executive Function

People who score high on this probably have a good working memory. And I don't think there is much here to correlate with type.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I type about 45 WPM.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI