User Tag List

First 12

Thread: A God Complex

MBTI
    yupp

oh no no all life is really is a bunch of projections that others put on us. we're more likely to say someone has a god complex then we are ourselves. its like the more you want to die the less you are able to. you know that the world works in opposites. so think you will achieve nothing you will achieve everything. think you will achieve everything you will achieve nothing. is that a god complex? perhaps. but really does it matter, you're not gonna change them. unless you can understand them and ime no one wants to bother or if they do they falsely understand them. as in they actually don't. here's the thing if you talk about the great things in your life you get called a narcisist talk about the bad stuff you get called an attention so my conclusion is talk about none of it let people live out their projections of you. don't fuck with them and hopefully they won't fuck with you. it's not about achieving ok the god complex is but life is not about achieving it's about pretending to agree with society and smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Yes projection almost absolutely influences everything. No one is born knowing how to speak, how to drive a car, whatever. We are not born in a vacuum, you cannot escape your environment, and what you do percieve you also judge-what you judge you percieve. Patterns are everywhere, and whether you are aware of it or not, they do influence your understanding of everything. Understanding these understandings, and adjusting them when needed-merging your understanding with that of something else, is what it could possibly take to have a healthy 'god complex'. To do nothing, and accept others judgements, is definately one way to go. But to constantly fall to the whims of judgment, without determining the source or veracity, while possibly the safest, does seem self limiting. Strong outer circle, scattered inner. Filtering and altering.

I suppose arguably, you really can only distance yourself from your environment so much. But it is like acting in a film, while the scripts provided might be limited, you can choose which one you would like to be in, and you can adjust the lighting-change inflection-, and work with what is there to maybe not necessarily reflect the totality of you, but to put you into the character. Put into a different city, different country, born on a different planet, you naturally pick up on what it around you to some extent, and when moved on somewhere different you take that with you, and do have to fit and judge that against whats new. You have to deal with foreign expectations, as much as foreign expectations have to deal with you. And again, while you cannot judge anothers expectations fully, you can understand how you react-develop you , don't stay under a shelter in the rain, carry an umbrella.

Probably shouldn't have even responded... This sort of turned into some sort of odd motivational speech. *shudder*. Guess this could go into a free will vs. determinism debate, but yeah..

MBTI
    yupp

not talking about those judgements i'm talking about when you correct the person they still hold that same view. but thanks for proving me right. no my experience a lot of the platitudes people say and how to be happy are shit, you just have to lie to yourself and others its that simple
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Yeah, there will always be those people out there who will think that they are right about everything always-and are in no way willing to give you any sort of leeway, and I could think that yes... that would be difficult to deal with. Judgement is there, expectations are there, and there are expectations for everything-so yes you cannot hope to meet all of them, and there will always be those who see life as some sort of contest. You put someone down, bar is lowered, and you are raised up. It is cheap, and it is easy, and that is what generally make it appealing for so many. But, while others WILL judge, and your life is semi framed, and that is negative, you can take the best of the worst and make something acceptable. Life is both a lie, and a truth. Don't bury either. Your ego is 'god like' and generally in systems like religion-in everything-balance is needed for it to sprint towards optimal. Your experience is a system that, needs to be holistically understood, good and bad.

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

There are probably more people with a covert God complex than an overt one.