User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Mom: Wireless mouse, since she still uses a ball mouse from the early 90's. A gift certificate to a Spa with enough on it to spend a few hours getting pampered. Tea sampler with 4 different teas.

Sister/Brother-in-law: Halfsies on tickets for a play my sister wants to see, plus $150 check for dinner after.

Niece #1: 4 Books from a series she likes.

Niece #2: Fake nails, some art supplies.

Female friend: Recurve Bow and arrows.

Male friend( female friend's fiance): A first aid kit, some cheesy fake reindeer antlers on a headband, and a long sleeved t-shirt with a target on it. And free advice from me, to not let her take him outside with the antlers and shirt on.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Female friend: Recurve Bow and arrows.
    Male friend( female friend's fiance): A first aid kit, some cheesy fake reindeer antlers on a headband, and a long sleeved t-shirt with a target on it. And free advice from me, to not let her take him outside with the antlers and shirt on.
    Sweet!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Husband is getting a new coat, sock hat, and scarf...
    Mom is getting a food processor...Since I moved out and took mine with me.
    Dad is getting some new jeans because his aren't looking so good anymore!
    Aunt and uncle are getting cookies, and a gift card.
    Cousins got a couple of gift cards and Godiva chocolate.
    Everyone else is getting home baked cookies.... with our little pregnancy announcement.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

^congratulations! That must be an unbeatable gift!

ENTP Mum:
    latest novel by an author we both like. His last ones were so so, but I test read another copy of this one and it should be ideal for her winter reading in front of the fire place. Also a DVD of an old sixties movie she used to like and hasn´t seen in ages.

INFJ Dad (and his current wife):
    the novel one of his favorite movies from his youth is based on. It´s out of print, so I had to get an old copy. Also a set to make your own chocolate candy.

ISFP sister:
    a novel that has been described as a cross over between two of her favorite writers. She didn´t read much until a few years ago, now I have new opportunities. I got myself another copy that I have test read.

ENTJ brother:
    a manual on how to turn average houselhold objects into cool gadgets, McGuyver style. He is very much into survival, the great outdoors, etc.

feminist INxJ friend who is a bit like a little sister and already got the most influential work on German feminism last year:
    an artsy sartirical halfbreed between a graphic novel and a regular novel on the life of suburban house wifes in the fifties.

nerdy ultraleftist INTP sort-of-ex boyfriend who´s birthday happens to be december 25th and who will be the only person celebrating with me at my place:
    a funny boardgame on conspiracy theories, a ticket to the show of his favorite political stand up comedian who comes very close to his views, a humorous book about pirates and Flatland - A Romance in Many Dimensions, the classic every math student should have read.

I love giving books and sometimes have to remind myself that not everybody thinks that they are the best gift possible.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

I love giving books and sometimes have to remind myself that not everybody thinks that they are the best gift possible.
    It's not the best gift if you only give one. I can go through a 400 page book in 24 hours, or even less. Three is best.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

lol. When I was a little girl my mum used to complain that I would read through books too quickly so that getting them became too expensive. So she decided that I would only get soft covers, not hard covers or hard covers only in special cases. I have internalized this and own mostly soft covers and try to get a lot of stuff second hand. I have done the 400 pages in a day thing as well, especially as a teenager and still do it with thrillers and other easy reads, others can consume weeks or months. I made it though 80% of the Brothers Karamazov, put them aside for two fast food thrillers and hope to get the brothers through before the year is over. After all, santa will definitely bring fresh supply.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

My family does the secret santa, so I did the easy way and just bought my brother a giftcard to Pac Sun.

Now, the other guy I'm shopping for...NO IDEA. I got a t-shirt for him, but I feel as though that is lame.
    Who am I kidding, it's totally lame.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    ... two fast food thrillers and hope to get the brothers through before the year is over. After all, santa will definitely bring fresh supply.
    Fast food will make you fat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I can afford it
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We have arrangements with all our families not to exchange gifts, but at my family's we do a Dirty Santa thing just for fun. For that I got these four gifts so the four members of my family can participate:
    • a Christmas ornament of Kirk and Spock fighting from the episode where Spock experiences Pon Farr (it plays the awesome fight music when you press a button)
    • a box of "soap nuts," some kind of nut from Indonesia that you can use instead of laundry detergent
    • a Tetris coffee mug
    • a head lamp flashlight

My kids get the bulk of the Christmas bounty. My son is getting a laminating machine, a star-shaped hole punch, a laundry basket shaped like a lion, and some other stuff. My daughter is getting Super Scribblenauts for the DS, a closet organizer, Connect Four, Trouble, and some other stuff.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii