User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

This scene in Trainspotting suddenly comes to mind when Begbie was accidentally making out with a transvestite

[ Renton Narrating ] Diane was right.
    The world is changing.

Music is changing.
    Drugs are changing.

Even men and women
    are changing.

One thousand years from now, there'll be
    no guys and no girls, just wankers.

- Sounds great to me.
    - [ Man Blowing Whistle ]

[ Whistling Continues ]

[ Narrating Continues ]
    It's just a pity no one told Begbie.

[ Continues, Muffled ]

[ Kissing ]

Fuck! Fuck!

[ Renton Narrating ]
    lf you ask me, we're heterosexual
    by default not by decision.

It's just a question
    of who you fancy.

It's all about aesthetics.
    And it's fuck-all to do with morality.

Fuck!

[ Narrating Continues ]
    But you try telling Begbie that.

Look, I'm not a fucking buftie,
    and that's the end of it.

Let's face it,
    it could have been wonderful.

[ Growling ]

Fucking listen to me,
    you piece of junkie shit.

A joke's a fucking joke. You mention
    that again, and I'll cut you up.

You understand?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dont worry, I am keeping the asshole tradition up since 1983
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Im going to quote a blog entry I liked. Its a danish liberal woman's thoughts on some poll about preferences of age and gender of managers. Its translated with google translate with some tweaks. Click here for the translated page

EDIT: Just because, Im going to give you another blog entry of her's aswell. Click here for blog entry in english
    I just want to comment quickly on the two blog entries.

1) While I believe in equality I am under no delusion that men and women have the same traits or natural strengths. Therefore, I AM willing to believe that in 99% of cases men DO make better firemen, police officers, soldiers, and football players. I know someone is going to yell at me for saying that, but I think saying that men and women are totally alike is absurd, we just deserve equal respect and equal opportunity, and of course should be paid the same for doing the same job.

2) I think the second blog entry is too extreme - the whole thing with the women having short hair/no make-up/looking like men is going a bit too far, but then again so is wearing heels in rain and snow, which just seems stupid and impractical to me. There should be a balance. You don't have to be plain or unsexy to be a feminist, but I also don't think you should have to abuse your body or put yourself in danger of cold or twisting an ankle to be beautiful, either.

MBTI
    INTj

The real men ate quiche and died.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Dear God, how I hate this song down to my bones. Seems appropriate though.

Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
    Cowboys. lol

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't understand why there's this type of prejudice which implies that any man which goes to the gym for more than 1 month straight must be some type of macho / traditionalist / bla bla bla. It's just another type of sporting activity.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Cowboys. lol

For some strange reason, for the first time I'm conscious of in my life, that photograph gives me a glimmer of understanding as to why heterosexual men like to see two women together.

*ahem*

Moving along.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

1) While I believe in equality I am under no delusion that men and women have the same traits or natural strengths. Therefore, I AM willing to believe that in 99% of cases men DO make better firemen, police officers, soldiers, and football players. I know someone is going to yell at me for saying that, but I think saying that men and women are totally alike is absurd, we just deserve equal respect and equal opportunity, and of course should be paid the same for doing the same job.

2) I think the second blog entry is too extreme - the whole thing with the women having short hair/no make-up/looking like men is going a bit too far, but then again so is wearing heels in rain and snow, which just seems stupid and impractical to me. There should be a balance. You don't have to be plain or unsexy to be a feminist, but I also don't think you should have to abuse your body or put yourself in danger of cold or twisting an ankle to be beautiful, either.
    to the first absolutely right. But one needs to look at reality aswell. Here in Denmark, atleast, young women are getting much higher educations and in many outperform the male students. So in the long run there really is no need to worry, women are NEEDED in high paying jobs in the future and if the companies want to keep the best talent they have to pay up. This trend is already starting to take shape now. So the question is, do women really want this? Or are they unrealistic about themselves? I know its an old documentary, but here in denmark a lot of the female medicine students end up as family doctors. And very few go in surgery and so on. Could it be because that would fit in better with being a mother or even a wife? What if we ARE different wired? What if women in general really dont want to take on the responsibility of being in a managing position? Is it that wrong that the companies gives incentives like higher pay to those that really want to give an extra effort, because they can see a potential in said person, regardless of gender? But if we talk low responsibility jobs, its a totally different scenario, absolutely. Then there should be total equality in pay.

Ive had two female managers/executives. One of them was very lenient, while the other was more balanced and really was an excellent executive. I really liked working for the last one. And female executives have something to bring that males dont, atleast in my profession (civil engineering related), they give a more social open atmosphere.

To the second I think the blogger said it best "Viewed from the two Palestinian women's perspective, Danish women suffers under the anachronism that equality is about being the same, and they wonder fully justified over the fact that feminism has tried to throw beauty out with the bathwater." Ofcourse we live in Scandinavia, but really is feminism not about being free? Free to take the choices that you want? Then why are there still women from the old brigade trying to keep these outdated ideas that you are only free as a woman if you dont look like one? The liberated woman is everything she wants to be, because shes free from any doctrine that tells her what a woman is supposed to be like or look like.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilfool View Post
    Did all the real men get swallowed up in some earthly sink-hole or something?

It's a barron landscape out there.....
    Does anyone else notice this?
    Not exactly, but I notice the landscape is not barren of threads on the topic

Where are all the...

I wonder what it would be like if there were frequently threads lamenting a lack of quality women.
    I wonder how they would go.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

I think it's more accurate to say that women are more alike. Men differ a lot more. To being women like, to uber man. Short, tall, weak strong. Retard and genius. The bell curves are different.

I presume these are both strengths/weaknesses in 'both' camps. But it's misleading to call men a camp.

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Ive had two female managers/executives. One of them was very lenient, while the other was more balanced and really was an excellent executive. I really liked working for the last one. And female executives have something to bring that males dont, atleast in my profession (civil engineering related), they give a more social open atmosphere.
    Women tend to function as social spiders in companies. Maybe not the CEO. But controlling the social aspect, it can be debated who sit with the real power. I think men fall in their own hyper focus trap in this. Being their own enemy. If they don't change I see a dark future ahead for this part of the population. Prisons are overflowing. Homeless are mostly men. Executions are mostly men. Suicides are at least 4-1. Bring in 'accidents' it's probably 10:1. Narrow gender expression. Y-chromosome decaying. No network security. And I'm sure there is more.

If men don't change, they are doomed.

Women seem to have adapted much better to this recent turn of events and energy flow. Life quality of the average man and women today is higher with women after my estimate. This is not true however in most parts of the world. As men is still dominating and suppressing. But in western civilisation. I think man has 'lost' and is headed for the grave. Hopefully to resurrect as more modern, and in line with recent fashion trends.

Yes, that to.
    Here in Denmark, atleast, young women are getting much higher educations and in many outperform the male students.