User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    They disappeared shortly after the real women did.
    Touche!!!

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This...

And this...

I'm 27, and I can easily count on one hand the number of women my age who actually know how to cook (and it's not due to lack of knowing many women).

The best material I actually know on this stuff is from David Deida. That dude is phenomenal. Think he's probably an INFP (but not sure on that).

Anyway, his idea is that there are three levels for both men and women.

The archetypal 50s man and woman -- what you're referring to as a "real" man -- is level one. This man and this woman reside in their respective energies: man in his masculine, woman in her feminine. Men went out and brought home the bread, but also were a bit more likely to beat their wives and womanize; women stayed home and cooked and cleaned, and didn't interject their opinions in the realm of men.

In the 60s, we swung to level 2: men embraced their feminine, and women embraced their masculine. Men grew long hair, abandoned their responsibilities, and learned to let go and dance; women left home, burned their bras, and started voicing their opinions in what was previously the realm of men.

Now what we need is a swing back, to level 3: men neeed to reclaim their masculine, and women reclaim their feminine. It's not a going-back to the 50s, but a newfound ability to master both the masculine and feminine within ourselves, and to use them how we so choose.

What you're essentially complaining about is level 2 men.

Well, as Outsider and I pointed to: there's plenty to complain about when it comes to level 2 women.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Level 3 would be great. Masculine men and Feminine women knowing their places and doing what it is their to do respectively.
    There is just one problem.....I'm a lousy cook. So I suppose on Level 3 the men would combine the discipline of the 50's with the carefree 60's and the wacked out 70's, 80's & 90's and say: "thank you dear, i appreciate all your hard work for that disgusting meal..."

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Absolutely. The archetypal 50's man was emotionless and detached... probably because of war.

We don't want to go back to that.

I remember watching a sports show this summer that was plugging the expendables and they claimed that Sylvester stalone was the epitome of masculinity... completely emotionless.
    I just watched that movie and SS looks like a collagen injected-botox violated-face lifted male version of Dolly Parton. I hope that's not what I can expect from Level 3 men....yikes! Not that there's anything WRONG with that.....

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    ^ Well I would consider myself one.

The question is whether you think I would qualify?
    That depends...on the meaning behind discobiscuit....

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think the last two available real men moved in together and opened a hair salon in Sausalito.
    THAT, my friend, is f-ing hilarious.

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I find it ironic that women complain about "real men" disappearing when they were the ones who wanted it.

We are still around though.
    WHO wanted that? Not me...didn't do it...don't know anything about it....denying everything.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It's all dispersed and segregated now...

If you want a real man, go to the Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. If you want a real? man, go to club B.E.D. in Miami. But if you want a real man, we are in New York State. And some other parts of the North East.

MBTI
    WINE
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The fact that your "real man" is an idealized composite of three men may be part of the reason you aren't having much luck. It's sort of like if I expressed my frustration that all women were so ugly, and then stated that a good looking woman has the face of Megan Fox, the chest of Pamela Anderson, and the legs of Maria Sharapova.
    To clear things up for you about this, I am wondering about when men (generally speaking) are going to stop trying to be the woman in hetero-relationships and when the women (generally speaking) are going to stop trying to be the man in hetero-relationships. It's confusing and boring and in my opinion, needs to stop.

picture it....it's a warm summer's eve...a couple are sitting on their patio (with a glass of wine)....a conversation ensues.....
    man: "me hungry"
    woman: "bring me buffalo"
    man: "grunt"
    ....minutes later.....
    man: "here is buffalo"
    woman: "why is it still alive? how do you expect me to cook that? don't you ever listen to me??"
    woman: "man, I should have just gone out and done it myself"
    woman: "oh here, i'll do it....you don't do things right anyway"
    man: mumbles someting under his breath....
    woman: "WHAT did you just say?"
    man: "nothing dear, I love you, you're beautiful"
    woman: "grunt"
    ....minutes later....
    man: "supper was delicious"..."burp"
    woman: "you're so gross"
    man: "I may be gross, but I love you"
    woman: "I love you too"
    man: "lets go have sex"
    woman: "ok"
    ....minutes later....
    woman: "grunt"
    man: "me hungry".............

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by aprilfool View Post
    THAT, my friend, is f-ing hilarious.
    I'm just glad somebody noticed.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think a "real man" is rational and level-headed. My ideal of manhood has nothing to do with what I think the OP is getting at.
    Rational and level-headed, like Russel Crowe who threw a telephone at a hotel employee in an emotional outburst. Lol. What a guy! Perhaps, the OP should reconsider who epitomizes masculinity.

I don't believe that rationality equates to masculinity, however. That would suggest that rational and cool-headed women are unfeminine. I think maturity is the issue at hand. Unwarranted aggression and impulsivity is more indicative of immaturity than masculinity, although society likes to box people into unnecessary stereotypes. .