User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 167

  1. #151
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    It's so easy to pick on anti-womens suffrage. It's like picking on cavemen. And you guys aren't even challenging the source. Instead, you mock "the old days" indirectly.
    yeah. I dont think its womens fault some of the men are pathetic passive or overly "macho". There have always been weak men and strong women. Its just the latter where the percentage have gone up because of womens suffrage. A big percentage of men hasn't change one bit after the 1950s. The only thing that has changed is that women dont care for the rethoric that men used in the 1950s and before. So the male becomes confused as to how he fits into the relationship, while he is incapable of changing according to the trends of the times. And particularly according to his wife. All those weak men women think of, is the males of the 1950s that only had rethoric and nothing else.

    That women are unrealistic about their partners abilities, is a totally different thing. But one cant blame men that. Women are by far the ones with unrealistic views of themselves and their partners. Most of the time themselves. One cant change ones partner, either one accept his faults and work with what he has, because of love or one must live a single life. Even the perfect spouse will eventually over time not be perfect and will have flaws. No person should ever be in a committed relationship if one do not understand that.

  2. #152
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Women are by far the ones with unrealistic views of themselves and their partners.
    Why do you think women are more unrealistic than men? I am bound to disagree since men have bizarre fantasies about what women should be and often aren't, and even the models in magazines have been airbrushed, but I don't want to go into all that, not what the thread is about.


    There has been a decrease in responsible men, it seems. I'm really disgusted by the fact that women are still expected to do most of the childcare and housework even if both partners have full time jobs.


    Statistics show that women were actually happier in the 1970's than they are now, and the extra responsibility being placed upon women is a part of that.

    Of course *some women* have asked for that, say "hey I'm superwoman I'll do it all" but to me that shit is a nightmare.

    There also seems to be an increase in young men who do not want to be fathers to their chidren. It seems with women's rights the people getting the most freedom ...are men.

    I think men will basically do whatever they're allowed to get away with.

  3. #153
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why do you think women are more unrealistic than men? I am bound to disagree since men have bizarre fantasies about what women should be and often aren't, and even the models in magazines have been airbrushed, but I don't want to go into all that, not what the thread is about.
    Both men and women are unrealistic. But women are far more unrealistic in relationships, which was where I was trying to point the argument. I come to this next. But men are as you say very unrealistic in what women they have a chance with. Totally agreed.

    There has been a decrease in responsible men, it seems. I'm really disgusted by the fact that women are still expected to do most of the childcare and housework even if both partners have full time jobs.
    Yes I agree, like I said above its because a percentage of males havent changed over the last 60 years. They still rely on their rethoric and not on cooperation. If they did change its tweaks and nothing more, so they dont have to live alone.

    Statistics show that women were actually happier in the 1970's than they are now, and the extra responsibility being placed upon women is a part of that.
    Ofcourse Im not going to say that I disagree on that But then we have to take in to consideration the doctrines of todays society and to some degree the loss of a generation.

    Like my favorite blogger wrote this week:

    Put on a familiar formula the Ten Commandments for the modern Dane looks like this:

    Thou shalt have no other gods before yourself (it should then just be your child).
    If you want or fancy something, you are allowed to have it.
    Are you a woman, you're right.
    You are entitled to a cool kitchen and a large overspend. Because you deserve it.
    It is permissible if it is not discovered.
    If you do not like it, it should be banned.
    You only work if you like.
    You can always get divorced - again.
    You may of course not lie, but you're only human.
    It is never your fault and not your responsibility.
    Another point Id like to make is that I honestly believe that there is some sort synergy between women that makes them unrealistic about how family life should be like.For most parts I dont think you can blame the man for how the magazines display the perfect house, the perfect dinnerparty, the perfect makeup, the perfect dress etc. The magazines make articles like that because there is a market for it, women.

    I saw this small sketch where a woman comes home from shopping and the man are standing in the garden coating the lawn chairs. Then the women starts arguing that maybe he really shouldnt be coating the chairs because they will lose that rustique feeling if he coats them, because then 0it just looks like they've bought some new chairs. But eventually the man gets his way. Then the woman starts talking about this young couple she saw and describes this situation where the young couple had a small dispute. And she noticed how as the young couple argued this glow in the eyes of the young man, like he still desired the young woman eventhough they argued. And then woman of the sketch says "Id really like if we where like that. Remember that argument we had out on the street?"
    man "Yeah when you bumped into our neighbours car?"

    woman "well that not important. What I would like is that when we have disputes like that in public. That you sometimes look at me like the young man did. Try it honey. Look at me with this look of desire. And say something like 'you really make me angry' Go on try"
    And the man gets really annoyed by her and tells her no.

    Of course *some women* have asked for that, say "hey I'm superwoman I'll do it all" but to me that shit is a nightmare.
    As I tried to describe above.


    There also seems to be an increase in young men who do not want to be fathers to their chidren. It seems with women's rights the people getting the most freedom ...are men.

    I think men will basically do whatever they're allowed to get away with.
    Some men, not all of them. I feel sad to be of a generation where "individuality" (which basically is self satisfaction and not real individualism) is put above social responsibility.

  4. #154
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I think the way I feel after this conversation can be easily summarized by your avatar.

  5. #155
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    well we agree atleast. A man and woman agreeing

    EDIT: Excerpt from that bloggers last entry that I like. Its about a tv series turned into a movie. But the topic of the series is relevant here. Its called "Clown" and is basically about this guy that constantly fucks up.

    .... in the 00erne it was Clown, a generational portrait of distanceblændere (I dont know how to translate this but the idea is: a person who is seemingly smart, beautiful or clever, but loses on closer acquaintance) and estrogen-repressed men wearing baseball caps and interview kitchen. But can we still laugh at the clown? Well. Soon, the television series premieres as a film, and the group it has its supreme greatest attraction on is men who may experience the Clown universe as a pleasant ironic view over a culture where womens rules have become law.

    Think of a scene from the series' first season in which Frank & Mia has been out shopping. He carries her shopping, obviously in both hands, and she talks. Shortly after they meet Casper & Iben and the picture is identical. Iben talking, Casper carry bags. It's lunchtime, and the women would like to go to a vegetarian restaurant, while men want a decent steak. They can not agree, and Casper gets irritated and want to take his motorcycle up to Gilleleje. Wanna join, he asks Frank. Frank says yes. "No, you will not," says Mia, and Frank Reiterates "No, I will not." When Casper tear off, the girls sigh that there goes a real man. Frank is now dragged to the vegetarian restaurant, humiliated and the viewers are left with a feeling that the clown is the one who plays by women's rules. The scene chalk up the field that Clown plays on, a field with half; womens.

    Clown is an extension of recent years' debate on the taboo of masculinity in a feminized society. The series shows that the man is referred to a door that opens to a brick wall. Of estrogen. Like when Frank & Mia gets compensated for a faulty pregnancy test with a therapy course in the episodeLondon Kashmir. Frank otherwise suggests a cash compensation from the company behind the failed test, but no, it's too hard and vulgar and solves no problems. The couple's in reality pretty small problem, has to be worked on through dialogue and group therapy. This is the way its done in the female culture.

    But the question is: Is it still funny to see Frank beat his head against the wall of estrogen, and Casper skip it because he shits on the rules? Personally I will probably not see Clown - the Movie, because I'm tired of the fetishing of the anti-hero and the embarrassing man. Tired of people who amateurish fumbles around with their lives, talk baby talk in the relationship. Of BØV-men (translation: "This is a man who still behaves like a child and never got over youth.") (what a surprise!) and says phrases that infantile begins with "It's just because.".....

  6. #156
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    women are the reason why men have wars.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  7. #157
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    women are the reason why men have wars.
    I don't think so, bro. Women might be the reason why men have duals, but men have wars over things like eradicating the jews, wanting to dominate ALL of the land east of Poland, and spreading Jesus and Democracy to people who might be distantly related to someone who joined a cult who decided to smash planes in some buildings.

  8. #158
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    I love women.

  9. #159
    Senior Member Adasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I love women.
    They smell good.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

  10. #160
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    That women are unrealistic about their partners abilities, is a totally different thing. But one cant blame men that. Women are by far the ones with unrealistic views of themselves and their partners. Most of the time themselves. One cant change ones partner, either one accept his faults and work with what he has, because of love or one must live a single life. Even the perfect spouse will eventually over time not be perfect and will have flaws. No person should ever be in a committed relationship if one do not understand that.
    For a sloppy summary:
    Men can be over-focused on their own power.
    Women can be over-focused on their own relationships.

    It's not necessarily bad, since it contributes to a continuing investment in one's achievements or relationships.

    But it doesn't meant the other side should be downplaying it.
    It's important to feel like one has achieved something of value and has self-power.
    It's also important to have fulfilling and secure relationships.

    If I had to stereotype the genders, it would be that each is absorbed in one and downplays the other; some moderation would be nice.
    Each pursuit has to be taken seriously, just probably toned down a bit to avoid distortion.

    Then again, I'm not sure I would say that a woman's view of her relationships is unrealistic, since usually she is the one who keeps the relationship on track because the man is downplaying it. If there is a lack of communication going on, I would say statistically she's not the main culprit... and usually the man is sailing fine (because he's getting what he wants) and wondering why she's so upset. That's the funny thing with relationships; if it's bad for just one of the two, or one person is not getting what they want, then the relationship is failing. It has to be a negotiation where both invest and build something that suits both of them.

    I'm still not sure what this has to do with the way the culture USED to be, though, where everything was very compartmentalized, and women were at a detriment, since a man can pursue power on his own and didn't have to invest in his relationships except from a distance, whereas the woman was often robbed of the relationship she wanted with her husband without having any social power to make changes to the order. There were natural inequities in the system.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Where are all the NTJ's at?
    By Evastover in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 02:59 AM
  2. Where are all the INFJs at? Lol
    By SilverMoon in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. INTJ female (sigh, where are all the others?)
    By creativeRhino in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO