User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Seriously? This is the only way some introverts are ever going to talk to somebody. God help them if they're left to their own devices in the wild.
    Introverts aren't entirely helpless! (maybe younger ones are.).

I flirted with a very good looking woman today while I was waiting in my bus for work, helped her attach her bicycle to her car. But as we were interacting, I noticed she was somewhat of a mysophobe, now I like clean people, but she was avoiding touching anything that could be dirty like the plague when trying to attach her bike on the frame at the back of her car, to the point of being anal about it (barely touchign the frame of her bicycle with the tips of her fingers when attempting to lift it up on the frame which wasnt actually dirty in my opinion, I was like, "Oh no, Oh she looks this way now.. " . Which is also why I helped her do it, but I also lost interest in her at the same time. Oh well, she was happy to have a helping hand and that's all that mattered. But the point still stands, even as an introvert, I do make attempts at socializing in real life!

Even if my Ti usually finds a reason to put the interaction to a halt. xD
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Introverts aren't entirely helpless! (maybe younger ones are.).

I flirted with a very good looking woman today while I was waiting in my bus for work, helped her attach her bicycle to her car. But as we were interacting, I noticed she was somewhat of a mysophobe, now I like clean people, but she was avoiding touching anything that could be dirty like the plague when trying to attach her bike on the frame at the back of her car, to the point of being anal about it (barely touchign the frame of her bicycle with the tips of her fingers when attempting to lift it up on the frame which wasnt actually dirty in my opinion, I was like, "Oh no, Oh she looks this way now.. " . Which is also why I helped her do it, but I also lost interest in her at the same time. Oh well, she was happy to have a helping hand and that's all that mattered. But the point still stands, even as an introvert, I do make attempts at socializing in real life!

Even if my Ti usually finds a reason to put the interaction to a halt. xD
    Maybe she didn't want to screw up her new outfit.

Incidentally, you're proving my point. If you can interact with some people in the wild and find a connection (or not, in your example), why is it so baffling to believe people may find a connection on this forum - a forum that, by its nature, draws people with at least one shared interest?

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Maybe she didn't want to screw up her new outfit.
    I mean really anal. She treated the bike like it had some kind of disease. Just entire body language, everything. Maybe you need to have been there to understand. :P

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I mean really anal. She treated the bike like it had some kind of disease. Just entire body language, everything. Maybe you need to have been there to understand. :P
    Maybe it's her favorite bike, left to her by her tumor-ridden father on his deathbed. It's imbued with a meaning you couldn't possibly comprehend.

All I'm saying is... that's a pretty small reason to discard someone.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Why wouldn't this a great place to connect with someone you're compatible with! Considering most posters here have at least a thousand posts, you'd have a pretty good idea whether or not you'd like to get to know someone better.

Someone should make a list of couples, similar to the pictures only thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Maybe she just wanted to look helpless for you ... enhance your manliness for being helpful.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It probably is, but that's who I am and it felt off putting. I can't force myself to ignore such a thing just because she looked handsome. I tend to think with my brain in all situations. Both a pain and a blessing of being an INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Maybe she just wanted to look helpless for you ... enhance your manliness for being helpful.
    If that's the case, I find that pretty off putting either though. I prefer people to just being themselves and being natural. Not manipulate me into 'action'.

edit: But we're side tracking. I was just trying to make a point that introverts are far from helpless in the real world. The fact that I did not feel any chemistry with the woman from my encounter today has nothing to do with this thread. :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I can imagine that more easily on INTPc since its more homogenous? It seems like the INTPs really like clinging together. Or did they ferret out some ISFJs for matrimony?
    Actually, none of them are INTP-INTP marriages.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Actually, none of them are INTP-INTP marriages.
    I'd be seriously interested as to how an INTP-INTP marriage would function though. What they're lifestyle would be like. But I don't think INTP-INTP would ever really work well romantically. INTP's can make great friends though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'd be seriously interested as to how an INTP-INTP marriage would function though. What they're lifestyle would be like. But I don't think INTP-INTP would ever really work well romantically. INTP's can make great friends though.
    There are several INTP-INTP relationships and marriages on INTPc, they just didn't all start there.

Some INTPs here don't like to post there because it's too insular and lacks diversity of thought. Which I find absurd. The world takes care of that, or it should. INTPc contains both the best of the type and the worst - both are instructive. Being out in the world and on this forum means one doesn't get to see INTPs interacting with each other at their best/worst. That's why I post on both these sites.