User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite subject?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

23 30.67%
  • History

15 20.00%
  • Math

31 41.33%
  • Science

6 8.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Least Favorite Core Subject

What's your least favorite core subject and why? If you feel like it, go ahead and rank them in order from favorite to least favorite. I just used the basic core from High School that we all know in love.

1. English
    2. Math
    3. Science
    4. History

I have a low tolerance for history. I've never been able to get into it, though I've always made good grades. I guess it would be because there is no mind-stimulating "theory" or "concept" to learning dates and the names of hundreds of people. If I had to choose, I would prefer history of other countries because at would at least give me some insight into how their culture was shaped, etc. Honestly, when people talk about any war or time period I only know the basics of the basics. My living room TV is almost always on the history channel, which is annoying.

Otherwise, I love to read and I find English to be the most gratifying subject. I do admit to having a low tolerance for poetry, mostly because a lot of famous poets have nothing to write about but melancholy and despair. I can just watch the news if I wanted that since they don't speak in hard-to-decipher fragments.

Math is awesome. I'm particularly fond of Statistics, but I've gone all the way up to Calculus. Math isn't subjective, which is refreshing in a lot of ways.

Science... well I've never had a good science teacher, so I'm probably just missing out. I loved chemistry, since it had a lot of math blended in. I have taken Biopsychology and I loved it, but I consider it more of a psych class, which isn't a core. Biology was a fun course to me, but, again, I didn't get too into it because the teachers I've had weren't too into teaching. :-P
    Last edited by wedekit; 02-02-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

Lab science. 100% too hands-on for me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Science>Math>>English>history.

English and history were awful. History was too concrete, and english wasn't concrete enough.

heart on fire

I like Literature best and Math least.

I majored in History. History is more about theory and trends in college than battles, dates and names. Still I wished I had majored in historical literature instead.

I don't care for the History Channel type of History. Whenever I tell someone I majored in History, they immediately brighten up and say "Oh, I love the History Channel!" and I say inwardly "UGH."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I voted English. Although I am heavily interested in linguistics, I suspected that you meant English Literature, which I found hopelessly boring. I enjoyed creative writing, however, because I don't think I should have to learn about other authors to write stories on my own. (To me that just takes away from my own ability to innovate.) When I took my creative writing class, however, my teacher gave me an F on my short story project because he told me that, despite displaying vivid imagination, it was very distasteful. He then proceeded to give me a lecture about how he can tell that I'm a very angry person. Those teachers think they know everything about me...

I also took a Film Studies class in high school, where I was able to write a short screenplay, but my teacher wouldn't let me film it because she said it was too violent. My parents also wouldn't let me film it in the house and I wasn't really comfortable with going to other people's houses. Plus, I wasn't confident with making it because I don't particularly like dealing with other people.

And despite having a clear vision of what I wanted to do with the short film in my head, I (or more like everyone around me) decided that it was a little too impractical, because I couldn't exactly afford or have easy access to a green/blue/red screen studio, the immense computer hardware for digital effects, or the Styrofoam to build my sets.

However, within the film studies class, I became interested in the way films were made not in terms of their technical prowess (I'm a subscriber of Cinefex), but in terms of their artistry, such as symbolic use of lighting and so forth.

I enjoyed history, for the most part, but I didn't like having to memorize facts and dates -- consequently, I've often failed my exams. I enjoyed reading about WWII battles and Nazi Germany (I bet you didn't know that), but I also loved reading about Medieval warfare and Ancient Egypt -- it stimulated my fanciful way of thinking. With that said, I also enjoyed taking Humanities in college; that really stimulated my mind.

Science was peculiar for me. I agree with Dana that I absolutely hated lab science -- by actually experiencing the reality of things, it really took away all of the wonder. I tended to prefer the more theoretical stuff that is the breeding ground for science fiction -- such as black holes, UFOs, and what would really happen if you took your helmet off in the void of space.

In both my science and history classes, I mostly didn't pay much attention to the lectures because I was too busy reading other contents in my textbooks for those classes -- the stuff that really interested me.

Math is up, excuse me, down there with English Literature. It's not that it was hopelessly boring. I mean, I like problem solving, but all the math classes I've ever taken were basically just sets of rules (Elementary Algebra), and I truthfully didn't associate the math classes I enrolled in with abstract thought -- it was more like mechanics and remembering how to do things correctly.

Math always pisses me off, too, because my many interests are very math based. I'm interested in architecture, design, and enjoy doing such things for fun, but I just suck at math; I can only get through the artistic part of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

math was definitely my least favorite. i just couldn't do it. I would think that i knew what i was doing and then get every answer wrong on a test. =(
    science was bad if i had to do labs or any sort of measurements. Although i did enjoy dissecting things.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Although i did enjoy dissecting things.
    I think it would've been fun if I could've dissected humans who were alive and conscious.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

When I was in high school, my least favorite was definitely math. However, I do *like* doing math and am even relatively okay at it; I was just never inspired by it. I feel like now I'm finally ready to learn how to do all the really fun hard math. The highest level I ever took was Prob/Stats.

English and history were my favorites, but I also really love science. I had mostly lousy science teachers, though. My eighth grade science teacher and my tenth grade bio teacher were quite good, but everybody else seemed to either hate their job or care more about coaching.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

For me, science is at its best when there is intellectual ambiguity. Unfortunately, most scientists (and science teachers) seem to take their theories and hypotheses as facts written in stone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Can we make this an open poll so we can see who voted for what? I don't see why it has to be so private.