User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite subject?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

23 30.67%
  • History

15 20.00%
  • Math

31 41.33%
  • Science

6 8.00%
First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    yeah we were required to take 2.5 semesters of PE. PE was horrible. Definitely worse than math. I know everyone had to take it, but it seemed like i was always in pe with the most incompetent people on the planet every semester. and i didn't like to run track because people would sit on the side of the track and watch my boobs bounce.
    I always got mocked at by my peers in gym class because I had typical Asperger motor skills. I had (have) a very awkward way of running. My mom brought this to my attention when I was relatively young, and I've been very insecure about it ever since. Though other students made "Run, Forrest, Run!" jokes about me.

It actually got to the point where the special ed (a system which I was in through my high school years) put me in a special gym class (along with certain classes designed for children with behavioral problems) where I competed with other physically awkward or disabled folk. They thought it would be to help boost my self-esteem. When I was fit into a "special" gym class, I outperformed the other pupils. However, being in the league with the physically and mentally handicapped really just lowered my self-esteem.

And I still haven't decided how I'm going to kill my folks for agreeing to put me through such torture.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Math --> English --> Science --> History

I absolutely loved math...until I took a calculus class that started at 7:30 a.m. (I started as a math major in college and changed it once I hit that calc. class)

I really didn't like English in high school, but when I got to college it was one of my favorite classes.

I've never liked sciences (although I did enjoy chem. because it's very math-based)

History was always a boring to me... meh.

MBTI
    ISXJ

...and dangit....when I voted, I voted for my favorite subject. So much for paying attention to the title of the thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I always got mocked at by my peers in gym class because I had typical Asperger motor skills. I had (have) a very awkward way of running. My mom brought this to my attention when I was relatively young, and I've been very insecure about it ever since. Though other students made "Run, Forrest, Run!" jokes about me.

It actually got to the point where the special ed (a system which I was in through my high school years) put me in a special gym class (along with certain classes designed for children with behavioral problems) where I competed with other physically awkward or disabled folk. They thought it would be to help boost my self-esteem. When I was fit into a "special" gym class, I outperformed the other pupils. However, being in the league with the physically and mentally handicapped really just lowered my self-esteem.

And I still haven't decided how I'm going to kill my folks for agreeing to put me through such torture.

woah that was really pretty crappy of your parents. my final semester of pe i joined "partners pe" which was where i had to go help the mentally and physically disabled kids do all the physical activities. I even got to go to the special olympics and my partner won first place in like 5 events, that was really cool. I felt really bad for most of the kids, because a lot of the losers i went to school with would constantly mock them. it was horrible. My partner had turrets syndrome, he was normal in every other way possible. He wasn't even any trouble when he took his medication,and i didn't see a real reason for him to be in there. He hated it and it really did lower his self esteem so i'm sorry you had to go through that!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Math is far and away my favorite. Science isn't terrible, I like working problems, but I'm not very good at labs. English is farcicle. I'm a good writer so I say as many proposterous things as I can to see if the teacher will justify them for me and give me an A. I have not yet failed. History is terrible for me. I don't understand it, and I am annoyed that I have to learn it. I have no interest in it at all. My worst grades have been in history.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    Math is far and away my favorite. Science isn't terrible, I like working problems, but I'm not very good at labs. English is farcicle. I'm a good writer so I say as many proposterous things as I can to see if the teacher will justify them for me and give me an A. I have not yet failed. History is terrible for me. I don't understand it, and I am annoyed that I have to learn it. I have no interest in it at all. My worst grades have been in history.
    I hate it when people tell me that I am ridiculous for not liking history. I am always annoyed when I have to take a history class. I prefer to think about the future and not dwell on the past. I know history is supposed to give us insight into where we came from and how it happened, but it's counterproductive in my way of life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Keep in mind, I also consider archeology and paleontology history -- and they are both also more abstract.

History and science are generally not very abstract. Every science class I was in was mostly memorizing just as many facts as history.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

English was easily my least favorite. Math, Science, and history in class may or may not have been interesting, but these were areas that I would read about or otherwise learn about outside of school, and most of any boredom or disinterest in these types of classes would be due to already knowing the information, or having an easier time picking it up at home.

For why English is my least favorite: When writing, it seemed like I would write some papers, make some adjustments here and there so that it seemed ot be written pretty well, than I'd get it back with lots of red all over it, and I never really got what the problems were. (this got dealt with in high school, I was still not that good with papers as I was with other stuff, but could handle them pretty well.)

A lot of the books were pretty boring to read, and even with more interesting ones, there were a lot of small detail questions asked that were really pointless to understanding the story and the characters. (I don't need to know who color shoes someone was wearing to know why they were attacked another person, for a purely hypothetical example.) A lot of the "great literature" seemed kind of like glorified soap opera, with people making decisions that did not make much sense, or seem to fit with how I see people acting around me. (In 9th, 10th, and 11th grade, probably half of what I read was interesting, in other grades it was maybe 20-40% depending on grade, this would be based on averaging out how medium, bad, or good the books were, plus the size of them.)

The "meanings and themes" of stories also seemed pretty pointless in a lot of cases, I didn't really seem to learn anything from them except how to write about meanings and themes. I was quite glad at not having to take a literature course in college, for all the reasons described above.

For people in other countries, the U.S. "english" courses are equivalent to some other "Literature" and/or "writing" ones, not to language ones except in earlier grades, though later ones did have some new vocabulary being taught.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I voted History even though I think History is fascinating. I simply love all of the subjects. I'm at least glad to be seeing that there is not a huge majority of votes for Math. I can't count the number of times I've heard someone tell me that they hate Math.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

I liked PE. I was not the best athlete by any stretch of the imagination, but I was faster than most kids and definitely more physically coordinated than most of my nerdy friends (still have issues with bike-riding, however).

That pretty much seals it for me. My counselor was grasping for straws when he suspected I could have Asperger's.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield