User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite subject?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

23 30.67%
  • History

15 20.00%
  • Math

31 41.33%
  • Science

6 8.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think it would've been fun if I could've dissected humans who were alive and conscious.

maybe you should consider a career in serial killing.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Shouldn't Phys Ed be on the list? That was always a requirement when I went to school. (And I would've voted that as the worst.)

MBTI
    INtP

I'd have to say Science > History/Math > English, although after being out of school for several years, I think a good part of the difference lies in the teachers I had. I'm sort of a science nerd anyway, so I probably would have liked it regardless, I was pretty good at math, so it didn't make much difference, and I had one or two really good history teachers (and some awful ones). I'm not sure I ever had a really good English teacher - it always came down to a matter of being graded objectively on what I considered to be subjective topics, which I disliked. It also annoyed me to be told what to read - I had reading interests of my own, and they seldom intersected with our classroom assignments, so I resented them a bit. In college I even specifically arranged my "humanities" coursework to avoid English altogether. I probably would never have really been into it, but I think that I could have enjoyed it with different teachers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Shouldn't Phys Ed be on the list? That was always a requirement when I went to school. (And I would've voted that as the worst.)
    yeah we were required to take 2.5 semesters of PE. PE was horrible. Definitely worse than math. I know everyone had to take it, but it seemed like i was always in pe with the most incompetent people on the planet every semester. and i didn't like to run track because people would sit on the side of the track and watch my boobs bounce.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

P.E. was the best!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In order from favorite to least favorite:

1. History
    2. English
    3. Science
    4. Math

Although honestly, I liked all of the above three WAY more than I liked Math. Math was more tolerable some years than others, but it's given me the most trouble consistently. It's been a struggle since 3rd grade when I had trouble figuring out place value. History's always fascinated me, and never gave me much trouble. English usually interested me, but got a bit plodding at times, especially when we had to spend days on a book and listen to other kids stutter through it after I had already read it twice. Not to mention hearing the teacher repeatedly defining and helping with pronunciation of words that I've known since I was 9. Science was mixed, as I loved the theoretical portion (even the math was okay because the Science teachers seemed to explain math better for some reason), but had nightmares with projects and hands-on assignments.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I liked them all. I was somewhat less-talented at math and science, and I didn't like history until I had a good history teacher, but yeah.... I like them all.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

PE WAS the best!

and I hate math!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Science>Math>>English>history.

English and history were awful. History was too concrete, and english wasn't concrete enough.
    It was the same for me. The worst grade I ever got was in history (though it was a tie with Spanish). History had too many dates to memorize, and I just didn't "get" English (and all the symbolism) or why we were forced to read things we had no interest in, and write "creatively" when we didn't feel the urge.

As an adult I do appreciate the little bit of history that managed to get hammered into me. I like it better in the way that it provides context for so many other things. I still don't appreciate literature so much, but I have gone back and (attempted to) read some "classics" (even enjoyed a couple). I still think War and Peace is too dull to come close to finishing. I also still read non-fiction almost exclusively.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP

I can't believe all you heathens are voting English! English is godsend!