User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello again, Usehername. Haven't seen you in a while, have I? You seem so excited and happy to see us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    *What makes people be perceived as genuine? Is it their command of Fe? Or, opposingly, their complete lack of social skills so that you know they are "being real" (because they are inept at anything else)?

*Why do we believe some people but not others?
    I think it's a little more than Fe, but it has similar attributes. It's the ability to say things that really resonate with different kinds of people, that really speak to them. Since not everyone is an FJ (or even an F), Fe doesn't necessarily have an appeal to everyone, and might even be disliked by some. I'm guessing it's someone who can "read" their audience and say different things that will resonate with parts of it without turning off any one part of it too much. It's about careful balance, I think. An educated person, a person skilled in rhetoric, and a well-dressed person, also often have a certain air about them that makes you trust them more.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am frequently received by people as genuine.

I approach people with a "soft" attitude, I have an honest face, I look them in the eyes, I'm quiet, and sincere.

I am a very non-intimidating person, and people can "read" that from me.

I don't know what function/s that denotes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's been a while. I've missed all your intelligent thoughts, your caring hearts and have spent many a Friday evening weeping over the fact that I don't see you anymore.
    Hi, hon We missed you too. Did you see that you got a nomination for Best Username in our recent Fun Awards?

What makes people be perceived as genuine? Is it their command of Fe? Or, opposingly, their complete lack of social skills so that you know they are "being real" (because they are inept at anything else)?
    Being perceived as genuine could come from:
    • Not reacting defensively when challenged by someone (nothing to prove)
    • Showing interest in other people, not constantly needing to be the center of attention
    • Being honest/open about their own feelings, dreams, fears, etc.
    • Reacting in a way that is helpful to others, and even if a challenge is made, it does not come across as a "personal anger"/judgment thing but is done in a way that does not suggest hubris

I think because we are all different, sometimes "genuine" will look different too.

There are also those are who are innocent enough to not use guile or hide their feelings/thoughts in conversation. While this might make them rough around the edges, I think at that point their perceived intentions will result in either a positive or negative appraisal.... because you can actually see their heart in the matter.

Why do we believe some people but not others?
    Quiet confidence, ability to listen, ability to repeat or describe alternate views, earnestness, casualness, lack of claiming to be "the authority" even if one speaks as if one is sure of their own belief... I guess that if you seem like you have nothing to prove, you are not out to tear other people down, and you express enough that people think your beliefs make some sense and that you've thought about them, and you treat others with respect as fellow human beings, then that goes a very long way to instilling trust.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I approach people with a "soft" attitude, I have an honest face, I look them in the eyes, I'm quiet, and sincere.

I am a very non-intimidating person, and people can "read" that from me.
    That is my RL demeanor too. Perhaps it is the gentleness that represents a respect for other people's differences and boundaries? I also try to be open about myself, without requiring it from others, so it helps me be perceived as "safe" for others to open up to.

I am not sure what function that is either. If I had to categorize, it would be a blend of F and N traits (the two "softer" functions). I know I use a Ti map to guide me into doing the "best" thing too...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does Usehername miss me, too? (And my intelligent thoughts?)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Does Usehername miss me, too? (And my intelligent thoughts?)
    I even missed Damian
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Great to see you again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Hi Usehername...I'm glad to see you back!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hi, hon We missed you too. Did you see that you got a nomination for Best Username in our recent Fun Awards?

too bad there is no :exhausted from working hard, wipe the sweat off my brow: smilicon. hi to all!

i've been gone, still attempting to pwn life. it is slow and laborious and i am learning time and time again that when i overcome procrastination life rewards me.

i did see i got the nod for best username. i must admit i saw this once upon a time on another forum, back when i was a wee lassie. i don't remember what board it was.

i will likely pop in every once in a while. i'm taking my first rhetoric class and loving both the material and the prof. i might come in for some ideas to throw around for that class.

p.s. someone analyze the rhetoric of meta's new avatar lol
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I even missed Damian
    LOL! Which thread did I mention my name?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    LOL! Which thread did I mention my name?
    i don't remember. i'm thorough where i venture, though. and then the information--it sticky to my braino!
    C.S. Lewis

p.s. someone analyze the rhetoric of meta's new avatar lol
    Done.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Question:
    *What makes people be perceived as genuine? Is it their command of Fe? Or, opposingly, their complete lack of social skills so that you know they are "being real" (because they are inept at anything else)?

*Why do we believe some people but not others?

edit: and YAY for heart being able to come back!
    Your enthusiasm makes me tired.

Anyway, trying to analyze genuineness from a type perspective is pretty useless imo. Genuineness is hard to really capture. Indeed, maybe that's what defines it. I think of genuineness as a certain rhythm, both in action (eye contact, smiles), in speech, and in thought. There's a certain harmony between all of them that deceivers can't quite pull off.