User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accept personality or fight it?

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

You are your personality. You can't beat it. If you try to fight it, you're just trying to fight yourself. Learn to live with the way you are, just like how I try to live with being an unsocial extrovert (those exist, according to what I've learned extroversion mostly means that you need lots of outside stimulation and social behaviour can be a part of it, but in my case it isn't (anymore?)).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Yep. You can't fight personality. What you can fight is "temperament".
    Furthermore, MBTI=/=personality. Trying to use MBTI for personal development would be a narrow approach.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think life is about finding balance. We are who we are, but we also have the capability to stretch ourselves.
    This sentiment is pretty much as simple and truthful as it gets for me

I don't even know if I would say there is fighting. It depends on how you look at it. Do you see yourself attempting to squelch your introversion, or embracing your introversion and trying to enhance a pseudo-extraversion? I personally acknowledge that I love being around people and have difficulty being alone, but would have far more trouble if I tried to excommunicate people first, rather than finding the balance between both. I'd imagine the opposite to feel like a good deal of the same, but this is also where you communicate with the people you expend effort and energy on. There's the possibility of making it easier on yourself if certain people can understand you have difficulty going out of your way to socialize, but have chosen to attempt to socialize with them. If they get it, not as much effort should be necessary. If they don't get it.. I'd suggest not bothering with them much either way.

So not about fighting personality, but assessing, embracing, and balancing.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance