User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interaction dynamics and rep

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    4w5 so/sp

Default Interaction dynamics and rep

I've been wondering for a while how everyone interacts with each other with regards to rep.

I'm interested in whom people are responding to the most as individuals. What is it about certain people that leads you to respond to their posts over and over again? Do you think its based on having the same MBTI/enneagram type or if its just on feeling mentally in sync with someone despite differences? And does the person you relate to the most, respond to your posts as strongly? Do you spread the rep you give out relatively evenly or predominantly amongst a few people? Do you think the rep system fails to properly reflect these dynamics altogether?

Anyway, post the 3 people you most commonly give and receive the most rep to/from*. Don't go into numbers of how many times they gave rep; lets not make it a popularity contest. Any discussion or commentary is most welcome.

I'll start:

I mainly give rep to
    1. OrangeAppled - a fellow INFP 4w5
    2. Ergophobe - ENFP
    3= Seymour - INFP 5w4
    3= PeaceBaby - INFP 9w1

I mainly receive rep from
    1. OrangeAppled
    2. PeaceBaby
    3. (too many 3=)

To be honest I spread around the rep I give, irrespective of type or similarities in character. If I like something they say and really find it funny/interesting/helpful/strongly aligned with my opinion I will add rep. I have been a bit stingy in the past and have been recently trying to voice my appreciation a little more (as some of you may have noticed ).

The best reasons as to why these particular people:
    - OA and I are often on the same page about most things it seems. Our values and views are rather similar but not so alike that we can't have meaningful discussion. Basically its about this: ;and this:
    - PB and I are slightly different but equally opinionated and often end up on the same side in arguments LOL.
    - Ergophobe had each other's backs in some debates further back
    - Seymour, I find, explains and explores things in a new and interesting ways that drives discussion forward, which I rather like.

*yes I realize how dodgy this sounds but get your minds out of the gutter!
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

After having a quick look through, seems as though Wolfy and Domino feed my ego the most, and I don't even have to pay them that much! Jaguar likes it when I mock MBTI stereotypes.

I don't give a lot of reps but they seem all over the place.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

9w8 so/sx

I haven't repped anyone for a couple of months but looking back of the last 100 reps there are only 4 people I've repped 3 times, and no one more than that.

Jaguar ENTJ, dunno his E type, I wanna say 8 but I think he's said elsewhere that he's something else.
    Jennifer INTP 5w4 some were prolly mod related, dunno
    Salomé INTP 5w4
    And rep whore ThatsWhatHeSaid who I dub an ENTP E9 although he's not convinced on the I/E part.

I've recieved a number of reps from madmin'ers and I presume some of the other multiple reppers were about madmin related things. Then there's rep whore ThatsWhatHeSaid who if he reads this will no doubt rep me again, it's just his thang.

I have most non-mod multiple reps from xNFPs, and I just realised that Chi'xer is pretty funny!

I do miss spanky Domino reps though, her's always tasted sexy

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I rep like crazy, I don't count exact numbers becuase there's too many but I'd say both from looking at my recent given reps and from what I recall, I rep Mystic Tater, Jaguar, Edgar, Strawberries, KDude, YoureWrongImRight, and just recently Nijntje, the most.

Two INFPs, two ENTJs, one INTJ, one ENTP, and one who is a questionable ISxP or INFx.

I seem to receive a lot of reps from Strawberries, Domino, Mystic Tater, JAVO, PeaceBaby, Jaguar, Petra Pan, Cascadeco, and strangely...Aleksei.

Two INFPs, one ENFP, one INFJ, one ENFJ, one INTP, one ENTJ, and two ENTPs.

All of these people are incredibly charming, funny, and sexy. That's the only explanation I can possibly give.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I don't rep that much, I tend to respond to peoples posts in the thread itself. I've even attempted to rep people, stopped halfway through, only to repost what I wanted to say in the thread.

I don't like that I can't see all rep history, but I know I repped Jenocyde the most since we had a rep thing going on for a while.

I think I've repped Jennifer a bit more than others as well, reason for that is infatuation. I'm head over heels! *swoon*

Most common rep given to me is "LOL". Which pleases me.

I've received a lot more reps than I've given.

1w2 so/sx

It's hard to pick who I get reps from most, as it's pretty spread out. Some people who rep me on a regular basis include but are not limited to

gromit (ISFP I think?)
    Z Buck McFate (INFJ)
    highlander (INTJ)
    Tallulah (INTP)
    Don't know their E types (well Z's a 5 something, but that's about it!)

Some of the people who rep me most are expressing agreement. Usually any other reps are to discuss a point within one of the posts or they are making a comment that they may not in a main blog where I have responded etc.

Who do I rep? Also very across the board, but they often are people that I like or identify with and I want to express my appreciation for what they've written or support within a thread.

Also people like whatever who tends to have interesting facts or tidbits or whose posts provoke some question that I want to follow up on, Edahn for same reason though usually non-factual.

Sometimes I write others because I've noticed something in their post that I had never known about them and it turns into a longer conversation. They're usually people that I talk with from time to time, but am not very close to so there's still a lot to get to know about them.

Sometimes people whom I really don't know well enough to write something to directly, but whom have been around long enough that I would feel comfortable repping.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to VM but I want to stay connected to someone, so I rep.

Banned Array

I get more than I give, but that makes mathematical sense.

I am not going to name anyone.. except Jag.. who LOL's me a lot

I get lots of rep from INFJs ..
    And maybe NFs in general.
    95% of my rep hits are from females.

I give rep for insightful posts
    Funny posts
    And posts that get me thinking about a new perspective.

I probably rep females more than males.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

I always give and receive reps from completely different people.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar

Hmmm I thought I gave a lot of rep, but when I looked back, there are only a few people to whom I've given 3 or more reps (at least from what shows in my history):
    sui generis

I think this might be because I usually just respond in the thread. I'm not quite sure when it is appropriate to rep vs replying in the thread.

As for people who rep me, the top ones are (in no particular order):
    sui generis

I don't think it has to do with type.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert

Its pretty much the same giving and receiving (just how i like it ) .. Its random and covers a variety of people of all types. Not one specific group of people are in my rep. NT, NF, ST, SF .. I'm happy with that.

I have noticed though that some xNTx tend to give me a hug or a laugh than write something .. It's still appreciated
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe