User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 14

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default Religious Ambiguity.

    Every day, Every moment, I just keep thinking, over and over, "Why is the world like this?"

    It's so hard to understand.

    I feel alienated because I am a religious minority that wants to help humanity, Christians feel alienated because atheists are always working to refute them, Atheists feel alienated because there are too many idiots around them trying to explain that the reason we have thumbs and the only animal that does other than us is monkeys because an invisible wish goblin made that choice 6,000 years ago. Catholics don't feel anything of alienation because their holiest person runs his own country so they're happy. Muslims are pissed because their fanatical religion taught them that anyone who mocks their Deities must die.

    Why? We all have our own places of worship, we all have our own concept of afterlife, we all have our own morals and rules to live life. Did god ever say that if everyone is not converted to believe in him in one way than the entire cosmos will cease to be and no one will be admitted to heaven? Nope. So why is it such a damn mission to force beliefs on others? Missionaries telling "niggers" they're nothing BUT "dumb niggers" even though Africans were the first civilization to reach an intelligent level, building boats and cities, sailing and exploring all around. Even if since they lost the organization. But no, they make clicking noises and worship gods with funny names, and so they are evil savages. Smuggling bibles into China, a country that made a legal declaration they do NOT want to hear about it, and than getting surprised when the law steps in.

    Telling me I'm going to hell because I don't love God.

    Wanna know what? Fuck you. I love humanity. I love life. I love evolution. And I only desire for humanity to become peaceful smart strong and safe. I'm going to hell? Maybe if the names Heaven and Hell got mixed up at the dawn of time.

    We need to stop telling everyone they're wrong just because they disagree with you. Until the world ends, and we all go to the GENUINE afterlife, we will never know who's right. Why can't we all just enjoy our lives and try giving strangers reasons to smile, instead of frown?
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  2. #2
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    You know that feeling when you stand up too fast?

    That's the genuine afterlife.
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    We need to stop telling everyone they're wrong just because they disagree with you.
    Not to raise a huge debate, more just playing devil's advocate as I do, but aren't you essentially saying the same thing?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Not to raise a huge debate, more just playing devil's advocate as I do, but aren't you essentially saying the same thing?
    Did I once tell you to change your beliefs, or just stop preaching against mine?

    This is the most backwards and idiotic response to this problem possible. "Lol don't force my beliefs on you? but....your saying that is forcing beliefs on me" Bullshit. Freedom of speech lets me express my opinion, but, not to the extent that I would infringe on another's right to freedom of religion. This is the line everyone misses, Our human rights are absolute only so long as we do not use them to remove another's absolute human right.

    My post was never geared towards people who do not preach to those who disagree, so if you ARE one of those people, and just want to defend Jw's and Mormans for the sake of argument, fuck you. Perpetuating the idea that they have the right to tell me that I am doomed for eternity to horrible suffering just because I don't want to be a virgin until I find Mrs. Right is the reason society has become so divided. Can you think of the major American political issues of late that DO NOT involve Iraq? The biggest was anti-gay marriage. Homosexuality is an abomination? Thanks 700 club, sure scores points from me.

    My desire in this post was to help people try and harmonize more, instead of "OMG YOU WORSHIP [INSERT OFFENSIVE FIGURE TO INSERT RELIGION HERE] YOU ARE EVIL" maybe "Oh, so you worship different from me, that's cool. Want some tea?"

    I have a religious system so god damned complicated its retarded, but the basic is I call my deity Satan. Do I have a problem with others that have different beliefs due to those beliefs? Hell no. Till I got sick of his being a dick to em for unrelated issues, my best friend was from a catholic family and his little brother was protestant. Tolerance is not far enough, Religious acceptance is what I am interested in, and if you can't see that, you're just an instigator looking only to cause the same problems that the people I am talking against cause, because thats the only result from saying the things they bother to say.

    I don't give a shit what you believe in, but I dare you to tell me that my choices in life are evil and that I deserve eternal damnation. See how far you make it in my list of friends.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Thought I'd add I don't intend harsh feelings towards anyone in my posts, I just talk bluntly and thus write the same.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    Thought I'd add I don't intend harsh feelings towards anyone in my posts, I just talk bluntly and thus write the same.
    I kinda got that last part.

    Enjoy your thread.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default


  8. #8
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    Every day, Every moment, I just keep thinking, over and over, "Why is the world like this?"

    It's so hard to understand.

    I feel alienated because I am a religious minority that wants to help humanity, Christians feel alienated because atheists are always working to refute them, Atheists feel alienated because there are too many idiots around them trying to explain that the reason we have thumbs and the only animal that does other than us is monkeys because an invisible wish goblin made that choice 6,000 years ago. Catholics don't feel anything of alienation because their holiest person runs his own country so they're happy. Muslims are pissed because their fanatical religion taught them that anyone who mocks their Deities must die.

    Why? We all have our own places of worship, we all have our own concept of afterlife, we all have our own morals and rules to live life. Did god ever say that if everyone is not converted to believe in him in one way than the entire cosmos will cease to be and no one will be admitted to heaven? Nope. So why is it such a damn mission to force beliefs on others? Missionaries telling "niggers" they're nothing BUT "dumb niggers" even though Africans were the first civilization to reach an intelligent level, building boats and cities, sailing and exploring all around. Even if since they lost the organization. But no, they make clicking noises and worship gods with funny names, and so they are evil savages. Smuggling bibles into China, a country that made a legal declaration they do NOT want to hear about it, and than getting surprised when the law steps in.

    Telling me I'm going to hell because I don't love God.

    Wanna know what? Fuck you. I love humanity. I love life. I love evolution. And I only desire for humanity to become peaceful smart strong and safe. I'm going to hell? Maybe if the names Heaven and Hell got mixed up at the dawn of time.

    We need to stop telling everyone they're wrong just because they disagree with you. Until the world ends, and we all go to the GENUINE afterlife, we will never know who's right. Why can't we all just enjoy our lives and try giving strangers reasons to smile, instead of frown?
    Wow, you sound frustrated. I started a thread along these lines. This is what I thought.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/124348-post1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #9
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    My desire in this post was to help people try and harmonize more, instead of "OMG YOU WORSHIP [INSERT OFFENSIVE FIGURE TO INSERT RELIGION HERE] YOU ARE EVIL" maybe "Oh, so you worship different from me, that's cool. Want some tea?"
    would it be easier perhaps to help people harmonize a bit better if you used less angry tones for your posts?

    there can't really be harmony on this issue if people use such angry tones, no matter what point they're trying to get across!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    It makes me sad that my thoughts and opinions can get rejected no matter the meaning behind them simply because I do not sugar coat what I say.

    Shift and Caps lock do not hostility make, or....does everyone here think the only time you can emphasize or be "loud" is when you are trying to put people off?

    Why has the word "Passion" died in our vocabularies?

    Why do we have these filters that keep things out unless they meet our predefined class of "appropriate"?

    Whatever. Guess this is the last thread I'll make.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem of Religious bigotry
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
  2. Religious Testimonies & Authenticity
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
  3. How religious are you?
    By Economica in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
  4. religious nutbars
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO