The wind that howls..
Blue fountain pens..
The silence one finds only in nature..
Cloth on the seat of your car warmed from the sunlight..
Naps on your back at the park in the grass..
The blooming of foliage in spring..
The comfortable buzz beer provides..
The serenity of being in a pool at night..
- going to the park and talking to random old people walking their dogs
- the intricate analysis said old people have of their dogs' personalities
- getting a month's worth of statistics done in one horrible, horrible night
- coming up with weird interpretations of idioms when people use them in conversations. (e.g. "Time flies!" -> a strange species of pan-dimensional insects living in the phantom zone.)
- bright colors
- colors colors colors colors
- the fact that the above took like 10 minutes to type
- people who will not only willingly listen to me babble on, but engage and babble on themselves
- moss, it is nature's pillow
- this smiley his name is Party2 and he looks like kool-aid, which makes me thirsty (and want to party)
- my cat and dogs
- girls' names that don't end in an "ie" sound
- physicists and their lunatic interpretations of mathematics
- meeting someone deep & interesting for a change...
- ... that the ellipses (...) can convey subtle meaning
- that a comma can have linguistic meaning ("Let's eat, Jon!" vs. "Let's eat Jon!")
- Hebrew vowels
- the word syntax
- self-doubting psychology majors
- spontaneous synchronized whistling
- Arundhati Roy and her accent and voice tone. She soothes my soul.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London