I have rediscovered adolsecent nerdom, and its name is Patapon
I put down a whole $5 to reserve the game at Gamestop and picked it up yesterday and that damn chant (pon pon pata pon) is drilled into my cerebral cortex.
I hate how repetitive the game is and how blasted simple and yet I keep on losing the #@)*$#@$ beat! I hate games that are all about hack, slash, collect resource, repeat and the bosses are too hard and it takes too much 'stuff' to make characters...
But it's sooooo addictive.
As my eyes glaze over and my ears get red and sore from too many hours of earplugs, I will have a stupid grin on my face as I whisper derangely "pan pan pata PON"
Hahahha, I was just thinking how someone could easily do that. I was going to go to a coffee shop or something and play (because that counts as "fresh air" in nerd world and you know, businesses just love it when you sit there for hours not buying anything) but then I realized how embarassing that would be. I started chanting along and moving my neck to keep the beat...um, yeah if I saw someone doing that in public I would probably take an extra 10 feet back for personal space.
But yes, this game makes me happy. Somewhat delirious, but happy.
I'm going to keep it away from me when it's time to study.
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde
- slip n' slides
- catching fish, then releasing them
- kelp forests
- the funny Japanese family that lives upstairs
- getting chalk all over my clothes
- receiving those anonymous evaluations from students I've tutored
- tutoring for free
- Olympic National Park/Queets rain forest
- those little puffs of chalk dust when you pound on a chalk board
- Planet Earth DVDs
- colored chalk
- new potato gun designs
- ^ the kind between people, too
- coloring books
- silly, goofy, yet intelligent and deep people
- my mom's hippy alternative medicine friends
- arguing with said friends...
- ... but them still loving me!
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London