User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Real life situations where it sucks to be intuitive

I'll be the first to say it: I consider my intuition to be a huge asset. I really wouldn't want to be without it. But, then there are those situations where it reveals something to you that you may not have wanted to know. Feel free to share your stories here.

Here's mine: You have a sneaking suspicion that your landlord might be coming into the house. You think that sounds crazy and paranoid, but the intuition radar continues to beep. You just get the feeling that something isn't right. So, wanting to trust your gut instinct, you seal one of the doors shut (from the inside) with a large piece of duct tape. You put the tape over the crack of the door and leave out of the other door. When you come home, the tape is bunched up inside the crack. Whamo! Landlord got caught like a rat!

Introverts can probably relate to the fact that your residence is sort of your haven. That's the one place you can go to really tune things out and recharge the batteries. When that's violated, it just feels like a huge betrayal of trust. Why, people, why must they do this kind of stuff? :steam:

When has your intuition led you to something you did not want to know?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well what's up with that? why was he coming in? he can't just do that can he?

i don't know if this counts but the other day in an interview i was asked a simple question but i answered it like 3 ways...and she was like whoaa...so many different responses...and i felt like an idiot...
    i guess she liked me anyway tho so that's good..but basically that...the interpreting things multiple ways when people talk...it gets confusing... :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well what's up with that? why was he coming in?
    Great questions that I'd love an answer to. I'm pretty sure I'll be packing up this weekend and looking for a new place with a landlord who has some integrity. Oh, and "he" is a middle-aged "she".

he can't just do that can he?
    Nope. I don't play games with that kind of stuff. There's really not much I can do and I don't really care to get into the drama of it, so she's just going to have a vacancy on her hands.

i don't know if this counts but the other day in an interview i was asked a simple question but i answered it like 3 ways...and she was like whoaa...so many different responses...and i felt like an idiot...
    i guess she liked me anyway tho so that's good..but basically that...the interpreting things multiple ways when people talk...it gets confusing... :/
    Yeah, I can relate to this. My ESFJ mother, to this day, reminds me, "Keep your responses short and simple. Don't confuse people." LOL. I'm guessing you got the job if you say she liked you. If so, congrats!
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

^FWIW, I keep a lot of responses too short. I have a knack for letting "Yes" be "Yes, and "No", "No", and not explaining everything on my mind. Which doesn't always work. So.. you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

When you're explaining something to someone and use a minimal number of words since Ni views each word as resonating with underlying meaning. Then, when they accept those words at face value, you're wondering how they arrived at a completely different meaning from what you thought you expressed. This happens to me regularly with many S types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

When you sense something bad about someone, but you can't do anything about it, because it's all based on intuition and no facts.

When you've just done something socially inept and you can read other's reactions far too well.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    When you sense something bad about someone, but you can't do anything about it, because it's all based on intuition and no facts.

When you've just done something socially inept and you can read other's reactions far too well.
    Are you sure you are talking about intuition? Because what you are describing is sensing.
    Senses "sense" stuff.. and eyes "read"

Just saying

figsfiggyfigs

knowing that people are going to start arguing about functions on here.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    knowing that people are going to start arguing about functions on here.
    The question would be.. Do you just "know".. or are you going on experience??

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Anything physical? Just being out there in the real world?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.