User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Se, Ne, Ti, and Fi are all apparently right brain.

As for pattern reading, I've always had it. And not to take away from the seriousness of the discussion, but that's why I've always liked games too (and video games). It's all pattern recognition.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I know Intuition isn't a super-power. And MBTI intuition isn't the same as getting "feelings" about things or being able to pick up on people's "vibes"...Sensing Feelers seem to be as good at this as Intuitive Feelers, so I honestly think that's a Feeler trait.
    I think intuition if well developed can serve as a rough substitute for feeling because you become very adept at picking up on, synthesizing, and interpreting intonation, body language, etc. You can read between the lines (at least with Ni anyway). I've been told that I'm very good at this - or highly perceptive that is. What I'm not as good at is knowing the right thing to do or say to respond to these interpretations in the way that a feeler type would. An ESFP I used to work with for example, would have these same or similar interpretations (except he was able to notice everybody's reactions whereas I focused on a smaller number of people) but the ESFP would be more adept in responding to them in the moment. ENFPs also can seem masterful in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I don't know if I would go that far. I just feel like it's kind of a bummer reading all of this bleak stuff about SJs nearly everywhere. Where are the other spacey or curious ones and why aren't they as loud? Or are they just not on the internet?
    Someone said part of it above and I couldn't find it. Some of these things we are talking about I think are a combination of introversion and intuition together.

Are you sure you are a sensor? Are you very introverted?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

It's not that Sensors can't ever Intuit, or that Thinkers don't ever Feel, but there is a different approach to life, and of course the stronger your preference is the more pronounced the differences become.
    I'm not trying to get into a battle of who is more intuitive than who. I'm also not questioning the validity of intuition in general. What I'm wondering is if the majority of SJs are really just going around, not interested in anything that they can't see, going gaga over their desk jobs and family holidays, clasping their hands in joy at the prospect of adding another 'duty' to the list, rolling their eyes at esotericism or even things like psych and lit, and seriously looking down on anyone else who isn't doing the same. That is really bleak.

eta: I'm also sorry, marmalade, if I'm seeming rude. That isn't my intention.

MBTI
    ENTP

So the right hemisphere is P.
    And left J.

Seems more accurate. I think you're right.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    So the right hemisphere is P.
    And left J.

Seems more accurate. I think you're right.
    No, right and left hemisphere aren't P and J.

Jesus H. Christ. People are combination of traits. It's not black and white.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I'm not trying to get into a battle of who is more intuitive than who. I'm also not questioning the validity of intuition in general. What I'm wondering is if the majority of SJs are really just going around, not interested in anything that they can't see, going gaga over their desk jobs and family holidays, clasping their hands in joy at the prospect of adding another 'duty' to the list, rolling their eyes at esotericism or even things like psych and lit, and seriously looking down on anyone else who isn't doing the same. That is really bleak.

eta: I'm also sorry, marmalade, if I'm seeming rude. That isn't my intention.
    Well you're taking out your impressions about attitudes about SJs on the ENTIRE FORUM in a thread about "where it sucks to be Intuitive" (apparently it fucking sucks to be in a thread where we complain about the bullshit we have to go through IRL with you people, not just IRL but here too!) and in response to ME, a person who never said that SJs are like that, in fact I've had several romantic relationships with SFJ men.

You people are really irritating me in this thread. It must be what the self-proclaimed Fi dom people feel like in their Fi threads when people like Arclight and come in and say "Even though I'm an Fe dom I'm gonna butt in and complain about how you're descriminating against me for even thinking you could have a thread about Fi for Fi doms."

I get it now. Poor IxFPs.

It's like being trapped in a closet with Vamp.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

guesswho and kdude are referring to Lenore Thompson's view of the world. That's what she says in her book. For example, she says that Ni is a left brain function (you'd think it would be right)

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Somewhat (apparently) if you follow Thomson's model. I can't find a better link atm.

http://www.personalitypathways.com/thomson/type2.html

edit: Or what highlander said.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It must be what the self-proclaimed Fi dom people feel like in their Fi threads when people like Arclight and come in and say "Even though I'm an Fe dom I'm gonna butt in and complain about how you're descriminating against me for even thinking you could have a thread about Fi for Fi doms."

I get it now. Poor IxFPs.
    It's not irritating to me (more intriguing or amusing) but I did make that same connection

Tri-type 639