User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Maybe all of us who experience the same thing and are questioning this are actually Ns.

Of course, if I did that, I'd just get retyped back to S.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have experienced this A LOT. My oldest sister is ENTJ and she is one of the few people I know that 'tolerate' my 'whys'. I have been yelled at by my ex (a sensor) and others I know (sensors) to stop asking why or just accept the answer. Or puzzled about why I am wanting to know these things that don't matter.

It hurt my feelings and I was bewildered by it. "What's the matter with wanting to know 'why'?"

It seems that they are focused mainly on 'what is' and 'what was'. I try to remember this when talking to people but it is so hard for me stop analyzing and peeling the layers back...one by one. I don't know if this has mainly happened with me in dealing with sensors...I'm not sure but it certainly seems to occur more so than not. FWIW, I have envied other people's ability to take things 'as is'. I've driven myself nuts (and I'm sure it'll happen again) trying to figure out 'why'.
    Yes, I realized the other day that I feel like a total douchebag for saying that Ns and Ss can have successful LTRs or marriages. I've decided it wouldn't be a good idea for me, even if it would work for a few years because of similarities in being Feelers and needing a lot of attention and affection.

I realized that I don't want to spend the rest of my life with someone who gets annoyed that I always want to know "why" and doesn't understand why I need to focus on explaning to someone my interpretation of a particular piece of literature, because they don't ever do anything remotely like it. I'm not saying I need to marry someone who loves literature, I'm saying I need to be with someone who at least understands that aspect of my behavior and why it's a fundamental part of who I am.

I have had very affectionate relationships with Sensing Feelers, and I think that's because I'm such a strong Feeler myself, and I love the attention and companionship. But in the long term, I honestly want another N. I don't want to spend my adult life the way I spent my childhood, with someone completely misunderstanding the things that basically motivate me in life to get me through the day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Knowing things about people and being unable to tell them what you know because it'll sound a bit bonkers.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This "sensor" kind of hates sporting events. Watching baseball, for example, has got to be on my list of most boring things to do. I have fun playing though. So I'm halfway in the "NF sports hater" category.
    KDude, are you totally sure you aren't an INFx?

In all things, I am unsure

As for your other post, I bet I read as much as some Ns here. And no, a lot of it isn't airport literature. It's philosophical, it's classical literature, it's geeky fantasy, it's history, it's poetry, etc.. I'd like to talk about it, but I don't know what to say sometimes. If someone mentions a book I read, I might give them a thumbs up.. you know, "Cool. I read that too." I'm not a philistine, but I'm not comfortable talking like an art critic either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's possible you're right but I don't think so. There are certain things that seem to be common to intuitives. One of them is that they may not be in touch as much with every day practical matters as a sensor. Most are sensitive to a lifetime of direct or subtle criticism from others - head in the clouds, no common sense, not practical, not in touch with reality, you'd forget your head if it wasn't tacked onto you, over-analyzing things, etc. You see the things people describe here are things that are experienced by intuitives and it is a matter of degree.

In the last week, I have done the following:
    - Forgot where I parked my car - twice
    - Was late for a meeting because I was pre-occupied in thought
    - Lost my cell phone
    - Missed a flight
    - Get bored and spaced out in meetings

I once had a college room-mate (SP) put a five foot tall plant in my room and ask me what was different. I couldn't for the life me tell what it was.

Maybe it is an Ni thing, but this stuff happens to me frequently. That is, I get absorbed in thought and am absent-minded. Yet, somehow I manage to function reasonably well in the world through various coping mechanisms.

If you are going to tell me that an Se dom would not notice a five foot tall plant in their room or that an Si dom is not constantly focused on absorbing their impressions of present reality, I'd say... well, I don't know what I'd say.

I can speak for NTs. If you say 9 things that are right and 1 thing that is wrong, we will tend to focus on the one thing you said that is wrong, regardless as to whether or not we are thinking about the big picture.

Exactly, except I'm not sure it sucks.

Maybe you are an exception.

Or maybe there is something about ISxPs....
    I think you are right. In high school, I thought there were these "special people" who got me...turns out those "special people" are just Ns. There's nothing spiritual or magical or "meant to be" about it...we just happen to be Intuitives so have some basic connection because of it. Same thing with the one sister I relate to and really CONNECT WITH ON A MENTAL LEVEL IN CONVERSATION more than the others...I hardly ever have to explain things, other than why I'm more introverted than she is...turns out I think she's the only N of my sisters...one of my other sisters tested as ENFP, but I believe she's really eSFP, though a very intelligent one.

It's real, it's real. Every boy I've fantasized about and didn't have was probably an NT, because I've most frequently been in relationships with SFJs, I think, because of the similarities in Feeling preferences. There may have been one NF, but we were too much like brother and sister for it to be a satisfying relationship sexually, and where there was real growth. We were...too equal...if that's possible. I felt like I'd married my cousin properly, when I was with him, like some 18th century heroine in a novel. *yawn*

Hell, I don't know, I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ok....is it just me....or do most of the ppl here see intuition as some kind of superpower?!
    Well it's not.

Intuition is NOT:
    -seeing the future in Nostradamus style, but more like recognizing patterns and predicting the development of future situations based on the big picture
    -reading people's minds (that is total BS) You cannot read peoples minds, of course you can however think that you can read people's minds and feel better about your superpower.
    -knowing that someone cannot be trusted, or that someone will do something bad etc.

Intuition means using your right hemisphere more, therefor processing information differently, SEEING THE BIG PICTURE. As left hemisphere users need to fit all the pieces all the puzzle, the right hemisphere users will first see the big picture, and from the big picture derive the components.
    I believe N(e) is seeing all kinds of connections, between things that may seem unrelated.
    You understand things faster using N, then you would using S, because using sensing you would approach things in a more familiar way, and add all the info till you get results. This takes longer.
    However you get to be meticulous, and not lose your shit all day long.
    Sensors have better memory and attention. My memory and attention is totally screwed.
    I lose my keys, and when I find them I realize I lost my pack of cigaretts while I was searching for the keys, I get the smokes, and when I get outside of the flat I realize I forgot to take my bags because I was thinking about I don't know what the F.

For me it sucks being N because sometimes I just get the feeling I don't fit in because of that, but I said it in a weird way.
    It's a downside I guess, it doesn't suck.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know Intuition isn't a super-power. And MBTI intuition isn't the same as getting "feelings" about things or being able to pick up on people's "vibes"...Sensing Feelers seem to be as good at this as Intuitive Feelers, so I honestly think that's a Feeler trait.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Maybe all of us who experience the same thing and are questioning this are actually Ns.
    I don't know if I would go that far. I just feel like it's kind of a bummer reading all of this bleak stuff about SJs nearly everywhere. Where are the other spacey or curious ones and why aren't they as loud? Or are they just not on the internet?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You know, there's a difference between being Sensing and Intuitive, just like there's a difference between being a Thinker and Feeler.

It's not that Sensors can't ever Intuit, or that Thinkers don't ever Feel, but there is a different approach to life, and of course the stronger your preference is the more pronounced the differences become.