User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Dali

Well, I'm not an inituitive strictly speaking but when your ENFP pal tells you you've over-analysed a particular situation, then you know there's a problem.

I may have just screwed up my burgeoning relationship with this INTJ and I'll have no one to blame but myself (well, I blame them to some extent but... it's mostly me).

In a nutshell, my Ni keeps going haywire and my Te is looming around like the newly over-muscled hulk it is, just itching to unleash a beat-down where it feels the tiniest bit needed (IFPs going that have undergone a rough patch may know what I'm talking about).

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol .. This thread makes me laugh .. Those who have claimed to of lost their keys, house, way home and sanity .. They are not intuitive moments .. They are human moments .. Even sensors lose things .. We are not so different afterall .. Unless you want to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hey - that's actually not a good assessment on your part. I experience this A LOT with sensors...I regularly talk to an ISFJ who seems bewildered by the fact that I ALWAYS want to know "why" and he sees it as the hallmark of being an NF, and it annoys him.

My ex - also a sensor - told me I was overly analytical and he got sick of me analyzing his behavior.

My grandfather's wife - another sensor - used to tell me that I thought about stupid stuff that didn't matter. My grandfather - another sensor! - told me that I was "good at the wrong things."

I could go on and on. This kind of thing is real, even if you are the exception to the rule, you need to remember that you are the exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have experienced this A LOT. My oldest sister is ENTJ and she is one of the few people I know that 'tolerate' my 'whys'. I have been yelled at by my ex (a sensor) and others I know (sensors) to stop asking why or just accept the answer. Or puzzled about why I am wanting to know these things that don't matter.

It hurt my feelings and I was bewildered by it. "What's the matter with wanting to know 'why'?"

It seems that they are focused mainly on 'what is' and 'what was'. I try to remember this when talking to people but it is so hard for me stop analyzing and peeling the layers back...one by one. I don't know if this has mainly happened with me in dealing with sensors...I'm not sure but it certainly seems to occur more so than not. FWIW, I have envied other people's ability to take things 'as is'. I've driven myself nuts (and I'm sure it'll happen again) trying to figure out 'why'.
    Wanting to know 'Why' again is not an intuitive approach to things, its's a human approach .. So stop with the whole sensor shit .. I question everything and like to know the whys, whats and hows of random concepts and i am not an intuitive .. If you listen carefully enough you can hear the cogs going in my mind trying to connect the dots.

The person who made the comment about deeply sensing peoples behaviours decided on a poorly worded and shitty excuse of intuition. It wasn't the smartest of comments.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Lol .. This thread makes me laugh .. Those who have claimed to of lost their keys, house, way home and sanity .. They are not intuitive moments .. They are human moments .. Even sensors lose things .. We are not so different afterall .. Unless you want to be different.

Wanting to know 'Why' again is not an intuitive approach to things, its's a human approach .. So stop with the whole sensor shit .. I question everything and like to know the whys, whats and hows of random concepts and i am not an intuitive .. If you listen carefully enough you can hear the cogs going in my mind trying to connect the dots.

The person who made the comment about deeply sensing peoples behaviours decided on a poorly worded and shitty excuse of intuition. It wasn't the smartest of comments.
    What is intuition to you? Sensors do a lot of things better than intuitives because "sensing" is higher up in their function order - they are "better" at sensing. It's so very obvious to me that my sensor friends are much better at "sensing" than I am. So, this begs the question: What do sensors think that intuitives are especially good at?

Every time there is a thread like this, the sensors come in and say, "That's not intuition! That's just a human thing!" We know this already, we aren't saying that sensors don't have any intuition. We all have intuition and sensing - but to different degrees. A sensor may lose their keys once a month - I might lose something 7 times per day. It's different degrees. So, if you don't think we aren't describing intuition in this thread, then please tell us what intuition is. I'd love to hear your definition of my aux function - Ne. All of us that have intuition as our 1st and 2nd function would love to hear what other people think it is. Cuz obviously if intuition is your 3rd or 4th function, you would know much more about it than an N-dom. That would be like me telling IZthe411 that he has no idea what Si is and his description about Si is "just a people thing". It is just a people thing - I recall certain things too - but he's waaaaaay better at it than I am and he knows more about how it works than I do - cuz it's his primary. It's only my tertiary. It's a weak function for me and it's a strong one for him. Different degrees.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESFJ

You are asking me to explain Ne or Ni and how could i possibly do that when i see the threads on here and the disagreements in opinion .. You can always argue logic based on your own perceptions.

I don't want to get into the your better at this and i'm better at that .. You instantly dismiss other possibilities when you close your thinking.

Samantics .. varying degrees now .. The thread is real life situations where it sucks to be an intuitive so i am waiting for examples so i am able to toy with the idea that i am most definately a sensor .. the data being presented here by individuals is pointing towards human characteristics and not N.

Something i have noticed with N's though is you guys are supposed to be able to see the bigger picture so why do you choose to focus on a specific that i have written and not the whole, (that could be viewed as autistic behaviour).
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

A few times when it sucks to be an intuitive:
    -When you can tell that a friend is being used or that their relationship is otherwise unhealthy, but your friend is really happy, currently, and you don't want to spoil that happiness and you want to support her even though you think she's making the wrong choice (er.... that might be an NF thing, specifically!)
    -When a new job responsibility is "opened up to interested parties" but you know full well that the decision as to who will get it has already been made
    -When a friend complains to you about her break-up and from her point of view, it was the other person who was mainly "at fault" for things not working out, but you can tell from the way she tells it that really, your friend was probably way more "at fault" than she realizes
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Cuz obviously if intuition is your 3rd or 4th function, you would know much more about it than an N-dom. That would be like me telling IZthe411 that he has no idea what Si is and his description about Si is "just a people thing". It is just a people thing - I recall certain things too - but he's waaaaaay better at it than I am and he knows more about how it works than I do - cuz it's his primary. It's only my tertiary. It's a weak function for me and it's a strong one for him. Different degrees.
    Can't speak for Saslou, but I know for me I do see a lot of N types who do dismiss sensing as something easy to understand, simplistic and predictable. To your point, We are the experts on our dom/aux and it's very hard to put in words. The worst thing to do when explaining your function is to contrast wtih a function you have little to no knowledge about, and as a minority on this board, it can be highly annoying to read the blatant ignorance and stupidity people have in typing, especially those that are their tert and inf.

What's happening here online is what a lot of these Ns complain that perceived S types do in real life to them. Maybe there needs to be a little more consciousness about that if you want some authentic S/N discussion.

You might not see that but it happens a lot. That turns people off.
    Last edited by IZthe411; 11-23-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: My points were made...no need to reapat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

when you're swimming and you drown because you can't sensor enough to coordinate your limbs to doggy paddle

._.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I realize these are human approaches...not knocking that. I know almost everyone wants to know 'why' and has trouble with things that have no explanation behind it.
    But the way I go about it and the amount of energy I put into is different. I usually want to reach a depth of understanding something that most people think is way overboard and unnecessary. I can pick up on one difference right away--you say, "connect the dots". I can't even begin to think that way. Or I should say, it costs me a great deal of energy to think in that way. I gather information and then it all suddenly comes together...like jumping to the next atomic level. Or reaching critical mass.

The ex and another sensor I am fond of always point out things to me that I never notice. Things about my own body that I'm pretty oblivious about. I'm awed that they even notice such details. They themselves remark (not very kindly) on, what is to them, an extreme lack of attention.

I don't know if this happens to other intuitives but I am often unhappy about how my memory works. It tends to form impressions about events rather than details. Someone might tell me that so and so was wearing 'x' and they were driving 'y' and had this, that, or the other. I can't do that. I only remember the vaguest impressions of something. I will admit those impressions are extremely strong. I think this sucks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

i wasn't attacking you but thank you for explaining yourself .. This is something i don't do because i don't care if people have formed whatever impression from my choice of words .. I choose to condense my words as i can't be arsed to write a book on the mechanics of my mind but should you ever meet me .. Maybe we won't be that different.

― Georgia O'Keeffe

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

i wasn't attacking you but thank you for explaining yourself .. This is something i don't do because i don't care if people have formed whatever impression from my choice of words .. I choose to condense my words as i can't be arsed to write a book on the mechanics of my mind but should you ever meet me .. Maybe we won't be that different.

It's nothing...I would have never thought that anyway but I do love to explain myself further...it's a weakness, heh-heh.