User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    can't find my keys/car/laptop/wallet/cat etc.
    Or how about running late, trying to find your keys for 5 minutes, only to realize that the keys are in your hand. That's when it's really bad. When something like that happens, I think to myself, "You aren't using your sensing at all right now!" It's like my mind is just completely off in N-land.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    When has your intuition led you to something you did not want to know?
    It's happened to me many times. It's hard to think up specific examples though.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Ha, I suppose. I like to watch their reaction though.

Alright another case is when I'm reading a book or watching a movie and I just know what's going to happen. These kinds of spoilers are never entertaining, except perhaps when I know that I was right.
    That happens to me alot too. I prefer books or movies where there's a lot of twists and turns and and what happens isn't always the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    It sucks to be an intuitive when you are so focused on explaining an abstract concept to someone, yet you forget where you put the specimen you are using as an example, search for it like a crazed absent-minded professor, only to find that someone else took it over to their lab table. Epic sensory fail.
    I used to teach science and this happened to me numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't know if this counts but the other day in an interview i was asked a simple question but i answered it like 3 ways...and she was like whoaa...so many different responses...and i felt like an idiot...
    i guess she liked me anyway tho so that's good..but basically that...the interpreting things multiple ways when people talk...it gets confusing... :/
    I used to have this problem in job interviews. I'd say too much and go off on tangents. I just wanted to make sure I got my point across clearly and make sure I didn't omit something that could potentially be important.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Or how about running late, trying to find your keys for 5 minutes, only to realize that the keys are in your hand. That's when it's really bad. When something like that happens, I think to myself, "You aren't using your sensing at all right now!" It's like my mind is just completely off in N-land.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't know if this counts but the other day in an interview i was asked a simple question but i answered it like 3 ways...and she was like whoaa...so many different responses...and i felt like an idiot...
    i guess she liked me anyway tho so that's good..but basically that...the interpreting things multiple ways when people talk...it gets confusing... :/
    Uh huh. I was asked something like "what can you bring to this position?" and I started talking about skills I had learnt throughout my courses, and my love of working with technology, blabbing on for ages, and then the interviewer told me she was looking for an answer more along the lines of "I'm good at working in a team"....
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by October Rust View Post
    I was asked something like "what can you bring to this position?" and I started talking about skills I had learnt throughout my courses, and my love of working with technology, blabbing on for ages, and then the interviewer told me she was looking for an answer more along the lines of "I'm good at working in a team"....
    See, to me, an answer like "I'm good at working in a team" is so very basic. It doesn't seem like a complete thought. And it doesn't differentiate you from the other 894 million that would say the same exact thing. I feel like I have to explain what makes me stand out, what makes me exceptional. I feel like every other person interviewing for the same job is going to say "because I like working in a team". If all the candidates answered so simply, how would they know which candidates were different or better? If I were interviewing someone and asked them what they bring to the table and their response was simply, "I like working in a team", I'd be thinking, "For real? Is that it?" Go a little further! Tell me what makes you better (or at least different) from the other candidates that will be coming into the interview room after you leave. Make me remember you and what you can bring to the table."

"I like to work in a team." "That's it Carl! Our search for the right candidate is over. We finally found what we're looking for. We finally came across someone who...................likes to work in a team!"
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

See, to me, an answer like "I'm good at working in a team" is so very basic. It doesn't seem like a complete thought. And it doesn't differentiate you from the other 894 million that would say the same exact thing. I feel like I have to explain what makes me stand out, what makes me exceptional. I feel like every other person interviewing for the same job is going to say "because I like working in a team". If all the candidates answered so simply, how would they know which candidates were different or better? If I were interviewing someone and asked them what they bring to the table and their response was simply, "I like working in a team", I'd be thinking, "For real? Is that it?" Go a little further! Tell me what makes you better (or at least different) from the other candidates that will be coming into the interview room after you leave. Make me remember you and what you can bring to the table."

"I like to work in a team." "That's it Carl! Our search for the right candidate is over. We finally found what we're looking for. We finally came across someone who...................likes to work in a team!"
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I was just trying to give a detailed answer that I thought described my strengths and showed what was unique about me... weird.

So, then I said I was organized. And I got to the next stage of interviewing. I don't get it
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I've seem to have a knack for predicting people's behavior, especially when it is going to negatively impact me. ..... I'm so baffled as to how other people didn't see a person, who clearly had all the signs, burn them. If that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    And I didn't say that my judgments are better than others at all. I just have an intuition about people when I first meet them that some people tend to miss. A good judge of character.
    Perhaps I can provide a little more context for what might seem like a harsh criticism coming out of nowhere. I'm Ni dominant with Te aux and know something about what it helps a person to do.

The problems that manifest themselves occur as ENTJs rise to a position of influence and authority and wield these negative judgements that affect other people's lives. I've seen it at work a number of times over the years. I can think of one particular case where an ENTJ was very harshly judging of an ISTJ to the point of getting him fired. He would certainly say that his behavior "harmed him". The simple fact is that he didn't understand or appreciate the ISTJs gifts and abilities and didn't know how to lead or manage him. You see, I knew that guy (the ISTJ) - he was a strong performer. Also, the ISTJ had the nerve to stand up to him and disagree on some things. This is but one trivial example but I have seen it repeated in situation after situation with other ENTJs. They can at times make rash and harsh judgements about people and it does harm those people. I'm sure they feel they are being decisive. They're leading. ENTJs can be very good at an awful lot of things but the fact that dominant Te, supported by Ni leads to certain judgements which by their nature are derived from an irrational perceiving function. Those perceptions are not infallible as much as the ENTJ may like to think they are.

Just keep in mind what I'm suggesting here. It may help you in the future.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Knowing when someone lies to you. It's like finding the wrong color thread in a weave pattern but more complex. It usually doesn't hit me until later. It will come to me in a sudden flash--"This is wrong. Doesn't fit, doesn't go here." There aren't usually any 'facts' it just doesn't fit.

I have found out some really awful things like this. I value truth a great deal and to feel the poison of being lied to is really bad. So yeah, this can suck (or is this Ti and I'm just totally off-base?).

Car keys? How about a baby...I was nursing my son one day while at my desk. I saw my older two and their dad walk out of the bedroom, laughing and joking and I exclaim, "Where's the baby?!?" They all looked at me like 'ooohweee' and pointed to him in my lap. However, this might be one for the sleep deprivation category.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

It's hard for me to come to one conclusion and stay there. I usually have many conclusions and theories and even when I have thoroughly convinced myself of one, the next day I just wake up with even more uncertainty. I am always asking myself ... Is that the truth? What about this scenario? Or this one? Or maybe it's this one? No, it can't be this one. Well, it could be that one. WHAT is the TRUTH!?

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    The question would be.. Do you just "know".. or are you going on experience??
    Oh I totally " just knew"

I wasn't wrong, was I.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hey - that's actually not a good assessment on your part. I experience this A LOT with sensors...I regularly talk to an ISFJ who seems bewildered by the fact that I ALWAYS want to know "why" and he sees it as the hallmark of being an NF, and it annoys him.

My ex - also a sensor - told me I was overly analytical and he got sick of me analyzing his behavior.

My grandfather's wife - another sensor - used to tell me that I thought about stupid stuff that didn't matter. My grandfather - another sensor! - told me that I was "good at the wrong things."

I could go on and on. This kind of thing is real, even if you are the exception to the rule, you need to remember that you are the exception.
    Okay. I hear you