First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    The dangerous part about having dominant Ni is when I'm driving. I have to put music on to help harness it and connect it to reality. Without music, my brain will lose focus on present reality just to keep it entertained on a rather boring route. Trouble is, sometimes my mind even wanders on other thoughts about what I have to do when I get home, working out personal issues, and analyzing my own type, then it leads to another idea, off to another one. Then my mind has been taken far away from the present, and I swear, it feels like I've blanked out for just a millisecond, and it scares the hell out of me when I get jolted back into reality. I can't seem to get my brain to shut up! But the advantage to Ni is that I have it compensate for my lack of Se skills, and predict where the driver in front of me will go based on their movements and positioning on the road. I end up hitting the brakes sooner than the people behind me do cos I am anticipating the next one in front of me to drive like an idiot.
    Exactly the same thing happens with me but somehow, I can drive just fine while being in this "altered" state without music on. I also do the same thing - predicting what other drivers are going to do - it's like having a sixth sense - knowing when they are going to change lanes or do something before they do it. I think that's Ni.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I was a teenager I thought I was crazy because I was so imaginative and would imagine conversations in my head.

That sucked. What a relief to know I'm just an intuitive.

Other than that, many things suck IRL being an NF because the world isn't living up to my expectations...I've grown out of that some, though. I think I've become more balanced and matured a bit.

I also don't like a lot of noise and action, unless I'm in the mood for it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    When I was a teenager I thought I was crazy because I was so imaginative and would imagine conversations in my head.

That sucked. What a relief to know I'm just an intuitive.
    Haha, I sure can relate to this!
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    And I sense you aren't too bright.
    Hey - that's actually not a good assessment on your part. I experience this A LOT with sensors...I regularly talk to an ISFJ who seems bewildered by the fact that I ALWAYS want to know "why" and he sees it as the hallmark of being an NF, and it annoys him.

My ex - also a sensor - told me I was overly analytical and he got sick of me analyzing his behavior.

My grandfather's wife - another sensor - used to tell me that I thought about stupid stuff that didn't matter. My grandfather - another sensor! - told me that I was "good at the wrong things."

I could go on and on. This kind of thing is real, even if you are the exception to the rule, you need to remember that you are the exception.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I tend to be right about my first judgements of people.
    And this is my biggest problem with a lot of ENTJs. You see, people don't want to be judged. Better to apply these judgments to yourself and your own behavior.

You think your judgments about people are uncanny and so much better than others. They're not.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I could go on and on. This kind of thing is real, even if you are the exception to the rule, you need to remember that you are the exception.
    Yeah, I'm sick of making no damn sense sometimes to a lot of people. It's the infernal connections that fire off over every little nuance in a conversation, and I don't always have a good grasp at understanding how much of a leap my own mind makes while listening. It's really embarrassing sometimes when I respond to someone's question/comment with what I *hear* instead of what they actually asked/said. I used to work with an ESFP who would explode at me all the time for doing this- never answering her actual question. It's even a problem while dealing with other Ns sometimes, if we're not on the same page (making similar leaps in thought).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    the interpreting things multiple ways when people talk...it gets confusing... :/
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    And this is my biggest problem with a lot of ENTJs. You see, people don't want to be judged. Better to apply these judgments to yourself and your own behavior.

You think your judgments about people are uncanny and so much better than others. They're not.
    I certainly do apply the same judgments to myself and my own behavior.
    And I didn't say that my judgments are better than others at all. I just have an intuition about people when I first meet them that some people tend to miss. A good judge of character.

I can also relate to that blanking out while driving.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    When you sense something bad about someone, but you can't do anything about it, because it's all based on intuition and no facts.

When you've just done something socially inept and you can read other's reactions far too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Are you sure you are talking about intuition? Because what you are describing is sensing.
    Senses "sense" stuff.. and eyes "read"

Just saying

Naw, she's not wrong. You're just using a different definition of "sense." Certainly there s the concrete definition of "perceive something by using the senses," and certainly you still use your eyes to observe someone's behavior or your ears to hear what they're saying, but intuitives use their intuition to interpret the data they perceive via their eyes, ears, etc. As an NF, Arclight, I'm sure you've had the experience of listening to someone say one thing, and understanding that they mean something entirely different, even if they don't intend to convey that meaning. That, I believe, is what Lily Flower means by "sense" here.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Yep! And I feel like a total idiot when I do something like that.

The dangerous part about having dominant Ni is when I'm driving. I have to put music on to help harness it and connect it to reality. Without music, my brain will lose focus on present reality just to keep it entertained on a rather boring route. Trouble is, sometimes my mind even wanders on other thoughts about what I have to do when I get home, working out personal issues, and analyzing my own type, then it leads to another idea, off to another one. Then my mind has been taken far away from the present, and I swear, it feels like I've blanked out for just a millisecond, and it scares the hell out of me when I get jolted back into reality. I can't seem to get my brain to shut up! But the advantage to Ni is that I have it compensate for my lack of Se skills, and predict where the driver in front of me will go based on their movements and positioning on the road. I end up hitting the brakes sooner than the people behind me do cos I am anticipating the next one in front of me to drive like an idiot.
    I know I'd be like that. I'm scared to learn how to drive.
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ----

can't find my keys/car/laptop/wallet/cat etc.