User Tag List

First 123412 Last

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    When you sense something bad about someone, but you can't do anything about it, because it's all based on intuition and no facts.
    This happens to me too. I sometimes just "know" someone is not to be trusted and I try to minimise interaction with them which of course, everyone interprets as me being rude. Later on though, it usually (read: always) turns out that I was right.

Another situation is when I "guess" what people are thinking of and tell them something related to that. Apparently it's freaky. :S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Are you sure you are talking about intuition? Because what you are describing is sensing.
    Senses "sense" stuff.. and eyes "read"

Just saying
    No, I think that's exactly what intuition does. A sensor is only going to look for the facts - things they can directly see. Someone who is intuitive is going to sense the deeper meaning behind people's behavior.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post

Another situation is when I "guess" what people are thinking of and tell them something related to that. Apparently it's freaky. :S
    Yeah, people really don't like the mind reading thing. Really freaks them out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I tend to be right about my first judgements of people.
    I've seem to have a knack for predicting people's behavior, especially when it is going to negatively impact me. My friends will say that I'm dead wrong when I vocalize my suspicions of people - and then bam, when I'm right they're like, "Oh, well. Long shot. How'd you know?!" I'm so baffled as to how other people didn't see a person, who clearly had all the signs, burn them. If that makes sense.

And yet....they never seem to remember I have a good intuition about people when another situation arises. Le sigh.

NPcomplete

Yeah, people really don't like the mind reading thing. Really freaks them out.
    Ha, I suppose. I like to watch their reaction though.

Alright another case is when I'm reading a book or watching a movie and I just know what's going to happen. These kinds of spoilers are never entertaining, except perhaps when I know that I was right.

MBTI
    ESFJ

No, I think that's exactly what intuition does. A sensor is only going to look for the facts - things they can directly see. Someone who is intuitive is going to sense the deeper meaning behind people's behavior.
    wth??

Yeah, i'm an intuitive .. So is every psychologist/psychiatrist an intuitive then?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ

And I sense you aren't too bright.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It sucks to be an intuitive when you are so focused on explaining an abstract concept to someone, yet you forget where you put the specimen you are using as an example, search for it like a crazed absent-minded professor, only to find that someone else took it over to their lab table. Epic sensory fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    It sucks to be an intuitive when you are so focused on explaining an abstract concept to someone, yet you forget where you put the specimen you are using as an example, search for it like a crazed absent-minded professor, only to find that someone else took it over to their lab table. Epic sensory fail.
    Oh that kind of stuff happens to you too, huh?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Oh that kind of stuff happens to you too, huh?
    Yep! And I feel like a total idiot when I do something like that.

The dangerous part about having dominant Ni is when I'm driving. I have to put music on to help harness it and connect it to reality. Without music, my brain will lose focus on present reality just to keep it entertained on a rather boring route. Trouble is, sometimes my mind even wanders on other thoughts about what I have to do when I get home, working out personal issues, and analyzing my own type, then it leads to another idea, off to another one. Then my mind has been taken far away from the present, and I swear, it feels like I've blanked out for just a millisecond, and it scares the hell out of me when I get jolted back into reality. I can't seem to get my brain to shut up! But the advantage to Ni is that I have it compensate for my lack of Se skills, and predict where the driver in front of me will go based on their movements and positioning on the road. I end up hitting the brakes sooner than the people behind me do cos I am anticipating the next one in front of me to drive like an idiot.

When I was a teenager, when my Ni was really honing in and developing, I had these weird moments of deja vu, where I was seeing things that I had dreamed about happening in real life. It felt very strange, like everything I had predicted would happen subconsciously did happen. I felt like I was stuck in a dream, and it caused a bit of anxiety. After a while, I got used to it. I think I was letting my Ni rule me at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche