User Tag List

First 7151617

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Nooooo! Don't go away! I liked your cats. Good kitties.

If anything (now that the thread is officially on a different tangent), I'd still like to know what the sensors in this thread do believe is diffferent or unique about intuitives. So far the sensors in the thread are basically saying, "Yeah, we do that too! It's not unique to you." My contention is that every behavior or action is "a human one" - any type *could* experience it. As I said before, I just think we experience things to different degrees based on our function preference. One type might be more likely to experience A, while another type might be less likely. They'll both still experience it, just to varying degrees. It's never black and white. It's shades.
    I like your idea. Contribute to the cause! We can do that. I'll think of some- I still haven't had my coffee LOL

I have no idea what this is, but it's a good scene. I had to put it here. I have a friend who I think is ISFP, and sometimes we'll be sitting, and he'll just start mimicking people walking by, giving them voices and little stories. He's observant, but maybe he is INFP (not very philosophical though).

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sv4r8PPTPQ].[/youtube]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's like an example I gave someone the other day: Sugar Ray Leonard was a great boxer. He had more likelihood of becoming a great boxer than I ever did. Could I have done it if I dedicated my life to it? Maybe. But, I think he had certain characteristics/talents that made it more of a possibility for him and less of a possibility for me. Now, chances of becoming a writer or something along those lines? I'm pretty sure that it's more likely that I would be more successful in that arena than Sugar Ray Leonard. Could he do it if he dedicated himself. Sure, I don't see why not. It's just varying degrees of likelihood.
    Yep it's like how I jog, and I used to dance, but a Sensor is probably more likely to actually be a marathon runner or a Radio City Music Hall Rockette...not exclusively, but highly more likely.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

Also, I think SJs are probably better at remembering everyone's names. I have a hell of a time remembering people's names unless I've been around them a lot, but my ESFJ roommate can just remember new people's names like that.
    'Think' being the operative word here .. I went shopping today and someone turned around and said 'Hi Sarah', i turned and said hi then walked off .. About 5 mins later i realised i hadn't seen this bloke in 10 odd years and i basically blanked him. I was too busy daydreaming.

I forgot my debit card pin number at bowling on Wednesday even though i've had the same number for years and had to use my credit card instead which is rarely used.

But on the flip note .. Someone recently gave me a name and i knew of it so it must of been one of my clients in the past. I'd seen teh person in May and they didn't attend their initial Appt.

Basdically what i am trying to get at is that people remember and people forget .. People see the bigger picture anmd people live in the moment ..

I am on this site to blow the fucking stereotype which you seem to harp on about .. If it fits your ideal then great but don't pigeon hole people, you miss potential that way. And how many people on here are mistyped anyway.

I'll no longer derail this thread .. Apologies
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Basdically what i am trying to get at is that people remember and people forget .. People see the bigger picture anmd people live in the moment ..
    To varying degrees. If we were all prone to do those things the same, then there would be no NT, SJ, SP, NF. If we all do the same things and there are no differences between us, then it's time that we all stop visiting this site and calling ourselves INTP's, ISFJ's, and ESTJ's and such. It means the whole system that we log on to this website to discuss is bogus. Which means we're all a bunch of goons for spending hours and hours talking about something that isn't even true.

Edit: I used to be on INTPcentral, but I like it much better here because of the differences, the variety, the diversity. All 16 types exist here, different perspectives, etc. If I thought we were all the same, I would have stayed over there because coming here to seek variety wouldn't have mattered.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^True. I think of it like how rubber bands are. We can stretch under certain circumstances or when it's necessary but we snap back to our default position.

I had to laugh at Saslou's example. My ex called me one night asking me did I remember his PIN number for his debit card. And he is hopeless at finding stuff in the store. It'll be right in front of him and he'd tell me, "They don't have any."

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

I am on this site to blow the fucking stereotype which you seem to harp on about .. If it fits your ideal then great but don't pigeon hole people, you miss potential that way. And how many people on here are mistyped anyway.
    That I can certainly appreciate and respect.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

To varying degrees. If we were all prone to do those things the same, then there would be no NT, SJ, SP, NF. If we all do the same things and there are no differences between us, then it's time that we all stop visiting this site and calling ourselves INTP's, ISFJ's, and ESTJ's and such. It means the whole system that we log on to this website to discuss is bogus. Which means we're all a bunch of goons for spending hours and hours talking about something that isn't even true.
    You guys are creating a false dichotomy. If we don't agree that absent-mindedness=N, we can't use MBTI because we are all caught up in PC-ness and denial of differences.

In fact,

I does not mean anti-social or shy
    E does not mean needy
    F does not mean emotionally fragile
    T does not mean socially inept or callous
    P does not mean messy
    J does not mean dictator
    S does not mean unable to rub two thoughts together
    N does not mean absent-minded

Just because a type has a stereotype, and perhaps even an increased tendency for something, it doesn't mean they are prone to do any of these. The types are defined based on cognitive preferences, NOT behaviour. Certainly there are differences between types. I can tell you that an N is certainly more likely to think about things in an abstract or metaphorical way, and more likely to think about abstract things vs. everyday things. But if one person's in their head thinking about the idea of love, and the other person is in their head thinking about their grocery list, neither is going to be noticing where they dropped those keys....
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like "knowing" something but struggling for concrete proof to explain it to others. It's funny when my ISFJ mom & I can come away with the same "vibe" from someone, but she can often connect it to something that was externally observable like body language or facial expression. I feel like I absorb the clues almost subconsciously and just see the conclusion, which even makes me doubt it...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't like "knowing" something but struggling for concrete proof to explain it to others. It's funny when my ISFJ mom & I can come away with the same "vibe" from someone, but she can often connect it to something that was externally observable like body language or facial expression. I feel like I absorb the clues almost subconsciously and just see the conclusion, which even makes me doubt it...
    She's using Si/Ne

You are using Ne/Si. Your struggling to explain it to others is your tert Si, which moms has aced, so when she sees that facial expression or body language, her mind takes her to where's she's seen it before, and uses her Ne (which is most likely more developed due to her age and experience- but not as developed as yours) to see a likely outcome. Your Ne has the likely outcome first, your Si is helping you out, but you're probably not as keen on it, so it's hard to explain 'where' it's coming from.