Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    You people, lol .. Nice you felt the need to comment about an individual who hasn't even commented on this thread .. Good work.
    It's nice for you to comment about it when you don't even know why I said that.

P.S. she's not even a sensor

Also, I think SJs are probably better at remembering everyone's names. I have a hell of a time remembering people's names unless I've been around them a lot, but my ESFJ roommate can just remember new people's names like that.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Also, I think SJs are probably better at remembering everyone's names. I have a hell of a time remembering people's names unless I've been around them a lot, but my ESFJ roommate can just remember new people's names like that.
    Stereotype. I'm bad with names- better with faces. I'll remember something about you that stood out as different to me, and if it's the name, then it will stick. If you're cute I'm likely to pay more attention.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I still contend it's an SJ thing, maybe SFJ, because it's certainly "normal" to remember people's names...it seems like there are many more people around me IRL (not necessarily on-line) who are better at remembering various people's names, and quickly.

I even once worked with a guy in a restaurant, and I had only started working there in fact, in my defense I'd been there a week, maybe two, and I hadn't learned his name...he was the bartender..and when I admitted as much he snarled, "Oh, you wouldn't." As if if was some kind of personal insult that I hadn't memorized his name yet.

I think Fe is the best at remembering names.

There you go. Now N's and S's can share that luxury.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you guys don't like categories and stereotypes, it's really best to avoid MBTI totally.

If you believe in Fe, surely you believe in Si. Si remembers detail. Sensors are also more aware of immediate environment.

I've come to hate this thread because it really seems full of spiteful sensors who want to basically argue there's no difference between being Intuitive and Sensing.

Here, you guys can have it. Let me hand it to you.

To me, it seems that it's in the realm of people oriented, extroverted judging, not just perceiving. Besides that, I'm not being spiteful. I looked at my home page when logging in, saw this conversation that sort of peaked my interest for a second, and chimed in. If it's spiteful that I say "Hey, how about people share this one? What's the big deal?" Then umm.. well.. that's my calling to stay out of this thread just for my own sake.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If you guys don't like categories and stereotypes, it's really best to avoid MBTI totally.

If you believe in Fe, surely you believe in Si. Si remembers detail. Sensors are also more aware of immediate environment.

I've come to hate this thread because it really seems full of spiteful sensors who want to basically argue there's no difference between being Intuitive and Sensing.

Nooooo! Don't go away! I liked your cats. Good kitties.

If anything (now that the thread is officially on a different tangent), I'd still like to know what the sensors in this thread do believe is diffferent or unique about intuitives. So far the sensors in the thread are basically saying, "Yeah, we do that too! It's not unique to you." My contention is that every behavior or action is "a human one" - any type *could* experience it. As I said before, I just think we experience things to different degrees based on our function preference. One type might be more likely to experience A, while another type might be less likely. They'll both still experience it, just to varying degrees. It's never black and white. It's shades.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's like an example I gave someone the other day: Sugar Ray Leonard was a great boxer. He had more likelihood of becoming a great boxer than I ever did. Could I have done it if I dedicated my life to it? Maybe. But, I think he had certain characteristics/talents that made it more of a possibility for him and less of a possibility for me. Now, chances of becoming a writer or something along those lines? I'm pretty sure that it's more likely that I would be more successful in that arena than Sugar Ray Leonard. Could he do it if he dedicated himself. Sure, I don't see why not. It's just varying degrees of likelihood.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

I still contend it's an SJ thing, maybe SFJ, because it's certainly "normal" to remember people's names...it seems like there are many more people around me IRL (not necessarily on-line) who are better at remembering various people's names, and quickly.

I even once worked with a guy in a restaurant, and I had only started working there in fact, in my defense I'd been there a week, maybe two, and I hadn't learned his name...he was the bartender..and when I admitted as much he snarled, "Oh, you wouldn't." As if if was some kind of personal insult that I hadn't memorized his name yet.
    They may put forth the effort and gracefully apologize and ask again if they don't remember, but name memory isn't something that an SJ has on lock. I'm thinking one one eSFJ guy who forgets names and will even call people by the wrong name. He's sincere, but he's off the mark. It's hilarious.

MBTI
    INTJ

You don't understand Si. That's the problem. It's not about remembering immediate surroundings. It's about being present, yes. But not sitting there being able to recall who was wearing what or who had which color sneakers- unless that's your interest. Si involves recalling details- things you sometimes aren't aware you remember. It could have been 2 minutes ago, 10 months, 15 years. It just happens.

I think it's clear the Sensors who came here were asking because they've had similar experiences, but as it's been demostrated, frequency is the factor. A Sensor could be in room full or people, especially a Si user, and be in their head for the whole time, and see NOTHING around them. Driving and zone out, etc, and not be aware of their surroundings.

Variety is the spice of life. I appreciate the differences, but am more likely to look for the similarities in people, so that I can relate.