User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No, right and left hemisphere aren't P and J.

Jesus H. Christ. People are combination of traits. It's not black and white.
    I know people are a combination of traits, it's not like I said people use only one hemisphere.

I didn't read Lenore Thompson's book, I only read a little about how people behave based on the brain hemisphere 'preference', and the description seemed quite similar with the MBTI description of J and P preference.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Introverted functions are based on data that is taken in some form. S or N. That does not mean that you, as an onlooker, can discern the connection made by another person just by observation. For Si doms, the perceptive connection would be based on what they've both seen and experienced in the past. An N dom has to also start with past information taken in, but their connection more can more likely be based on something that wasn't included in the past.

For both, the connection made may be clear to that person but it might not. A Si dom can often be sure of himself but not sure why, and that's where they struggle. To them they could be thinking "I have seen this before, I'm sure what it is, but I don't remember where". This could really be Ni. Either way, unless the answer is blatantly obvious to any dope in the room, what they're thinking cannot be readily apparent to you until they explain their thinking. At that point you may be able to discern if the thought process was abstract or straightforward in nature. But unless you have that kind of information, you won't be able to discern intorverted Sensing vs Intution. That's why it's hardest to identify Si vs Ni in people, with many confused if they are ISTJ/INTJ.

You're describing what appears to be Se. That's not how I as a Si dom work.
    It might be good to have a thread on how Si works. (or maybe there is one I just haven't seen).

Edit: Interestingly enough, it is much easier for me to recognize Si than Ni IRL. I think it is because there are so many Si doms out there and that I know well. Ni doms are relatively rare.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ----

before this thread i thought it was common knowledge that Ns are prone to be spacey; that's why the term 'sensotard' is in use on this board and the sensotard thread exists and is 65 pages long. that thread doesn't have a preamble justifying its existence - Ns have just jumped in citing examples of their sensotardation.

i don't see why it's seen as unlikely that a side effect of a preference to be inside your head/tangential/a big picture thinker is to be disinclined to focus on the minutiae of daily life, such as where you put your shoes or whatever.

i don't agree with the poster who said being absent minded has to do with how one is raised. i have an ISTP brother who is far less spaced out than i and has always been that way. sure he's forgetful sometimes - that's not the same thing as being truly absent minded. we were raised by an ISTJ mum and INTP dad. my ISTJ mum didn't tend to think being absent minded was cute, so i had motivation to unlearn my tendencies...didn't happen (don't worry - she didn't beat me with my lost shoes - she's a darling - she just didn't get it.).

i'm a lawyer and i work with a lot of Ss, particularly SJs. ENTP is oft touted as being the lawyer type, but SJs are attracted to lawyering because they tend to be precise and have cracker memories. they are great at the minutiae of lawyering and NT lawyers tend to be better at being creative/big picture thinking. eg i am disinclined to remember key dates - i have to diarise everything and bring my diary with me everywhere so i don't double-book or over-commit myself, whereas they diarise things because it's a safeguard not because they are unlikely to remember key timelines. my SJ colleagues often need to be actively encouraged to take a step back and think about the big picture/strategic connections - that's not their default style. working closely with people in high pressure environments acutely exposes these tendencies.

if you're ideologically opposed to such behavioural generalisations based on type - best not bother messing about reading a typology forum.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It might be good to have a thread on how Si works. (or maybe there is one I just haven't seen).

Edit: Interestingly enough, it is much easier for me to recognize Si than Ni IRL. I think it is because there are so many Si doms out there and that I know well. Ni doms are relatively rare.
    Added Here, in the SJ Forum

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

when you get some what if idea in your head that disturbs you, but you cant get it out and you just keep on thinking how you would cope with it if it happened. i dont want to be more specific, but god damn i hate this. someone got idea how to remove these what if thoughts from my head?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

You people are really irritating me in this thread. It must be what the self-proclaimed Fi dom people feel like in their Fi threads when people like Arclight and come in and say "Even though I'm an Fe dom I'm gonna butt in and complain about how you're descriminating against me for even thinking you could have a thread about Fi for Fi doms."

I get it now. Poor IxFPs.

It's like being trapped in a closet with Vamp.
    You people, lol .. Nice you felt the need to comment about an individual who hasn't even commented on this thread .. Good work.

Here's the thing though: we have GENUINE differences. Those differences are real. Being told that the things I thought about or cared about weren't "the right things" or "the important things" is a load of crap. So is always being told that you're "weird." I can tell you that the SFJ I talk to now (not my bf, just a guy I talk to regularly) and my ESFJ ex both tease me about being "nerdy."

Ns get criticized and misunderstood CONSTANTLY IRL, even by people who love them. Of course they're going to vent some of that frustration here, and I don't think it's asking too much to have some controlling SJs butt out in a thread clearly marked, "Real Life Situations Where It Sucks to Be an Intuitive."

I DEFINITELY don't even have the same strengths as an INTJ (if I am indeed an INFJ) even sharing several of the same letters. WE ARE DIFFERENT AND EXPERIENCE VERY DIFFERENT ISSUES AMONGST THE TYPES. I couldn't even pretend that I'm the same as an INTJ or INTP, because I'm not.

So then I don't think it's too outrageous for Intuitives to say that, yes, we are different from Sensors.

BUT this thread seems excessively filled with Sensors trying to argue how they're discriminated against...in a thread clearly marked REAL LIFE SITUATIONS WHERE IT SUCKS TO BE INTUITIVE.

Whatever, I don't care, I'm far from the sort of person to "censor" anyone. I'm not annoyed with any one person, and not attacking any particular individual, I'm just expressing my opinion in a sea of other opinions.
    You was the first person on this thread to mention sensors in your post .. I took the bait

You call me (or the other SJ) who made a comment first 'controlling' yet you and someone else on this thread has asked 1/2 individuals if they are sure of their type .. How's that for controlling? Hypocrite

Did i argue about being discriminated against?? .. I said it sounded like human characteristics and not intuitive because from the looks of thing, fuck, i'm an intuitive then ..

You do care because you commented .. Just like i care .. So you expressed your opinion .. Oh, just like i did .. Have a great day *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I'm not trying to get into a battle of who is more intuitive than who. I'm also not questioning the validity of intuition in general. What I'm wondering is if the majority of SJs are really just going around, not interested in anything that they can't see, going gaga over their desk jobs and family holidays, clasping their hands in joy at the prospect of adding another 'duty' to the list, rolling their eyes at esotericism or even things like psych and lit, and seriously looking down on anyone else who isn't doing the same. That is really bleak.
    Finally .. Pleasure to meet you darling
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What about when you an idea or a task--a really great one or something complex but you can't figure out the 'entry point'? I see things in such wholes that I really have trouble understanding how to break it down sometimes. For example, I recently moved. I had to ask someone else to leave me step by step instructions because the way I was packing and taking care of everything was just too scattered. Even then, I tended to do the tasks on the list out of order.

I often have to force myself to focus on what I'm doing if it's a sequential task. Like cooking. I'm looking ahead...slightly in the future and what is in front of me goes out of focus. That's why I tend to lose details, it's out of focus--fuzzy. What is coming or what might be coming is in sharp focus and it usually keeps my attention best.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What about when you an idea or a task--a really great one or something complex but you can't figure out the 'entry point'? I see things in such wholes that I really have trouble understanding how to break it down sometimes. For example, I recently moved. I had to ask someone else to leave me step by step instructions because the way I was packing and taking care of everything was just too scattered. Even then, I tended to do the tasks on the list out of order.

I often have to force myself to focus on what I'm doing if it's a sequential task. Like cooking. I'm looking ahead...slightly in the future and what is in front of me goes out of focus. That's why I tend to lose details, it's out of focus--fuzzy. What is coming or what might be coming is in sharp focus and it usually keeps my attention best.
    Basically, you are "absent minded". Your mind is absent from the present moment.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think it's more than absent mindedness -- it really is that you see things whole rather than in steps. I know exactly what you mean about trying to find how you get into it. I had to read Carlyle in school and his quote to the effect of "Do the duty that lies nearest you. Your next duty will become immediately apparent," is so good. Just start. Even if you're in the middle. You'll figure it out.

But just recently I was reading a cooking thread and thinking about how learning to cook when I was very young was so helpful with this kind of thing, and the steps, you know -- read the recipe, assemble the ingredients, etc. So tonight I went to make something I have never made before that called for rice, and the first parts of the recipe burned in the pan while I was searching for the rice. I know what the steps are -- I should have found the rice before I put anything in the pan -- I just really have a hard time following instructions in order. My brain doesn't want to.

Junior Member ~These Quiet Stars's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTx

Well, if Sensors see certain spots on the wall in clear detail, and Intuitives see the whole wall, but perhaps not in great depth, it makes more sense that the N's are going to run into the wall.

But it sucks to be intuitive when you start laughing at the punch line before the the joke was even started. . . and you'd never heard it before. Yea, that was an awkward situation. Still a funny joke, though.
    "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." Westley, from "The Princess Bride"