EII None

So, how did that work out for ya?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    So, how did that work out for ya?
    Not well, as you might have intuited from my intuiting. lol I was most fortunate to have my ENFP sister and ISTP best friend to bail me out.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Right, see, I knew you were gonna say that.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Right, see, I knew you were gonna say that.
    It's a vicious NFJ intuiting loop!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    GONE

The way I discern 'intuition' from 'sensing' is that you can usually describe when sensing is used. I think intuition in the MBTI sense (not everyday sense) goes on 'vibes' and 'gut feelings'. You get a picture in your head or a feeling or just 'know' something. Sensing is different, sensing you would notice and be able to name what someone is wearing, who is in your environment, and basically what is going on around you so you are basing your hunches on things that you yourself observe and can cite. An N would be more likely to say "Iunno I just felt that way".

I think.

Deductive vs inductive reasoning?

One example of this that I read in Please Understand Me II was about the hippie communes of the 70s which both NFs and SP were attracted to. Apparently the NFs thought the hedonism wasn't enough and wanted more, you know "deep answers" Lol I laugh because I know how something like that can seem condescending towards sensors. Like "What, you think all I wanna do is smoke weed and sleep around and sing songs by the campfire??" But I think what the author was trying to say is that sensors, particularly SPs, excel at *living in the moment*. There is no meaning to labor over to extract out of a moment, it is enough to be alive in that moment to find beauty and meaning. Whereas and intuitive can't even contemplate the moment because they are too busy thinking about what they are supposed to be experiencing the moment and how it could be better and what's going on in the next 5 minutes, etc. That's why the NF hippies couldn't enjoy the communes or feel a sense of satisfaction or support? that their SP brethren could.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The way I discern 'intuition' from 'sensing' is that you can usually describe when sensing is used. I think intuition in the MBTI sense (not everyday sense) goes on 'vibes' and 'gut feelings'. You get a picture in your head or a feeling or just 'know' something. Sensing is different, sensing you would notice and be able to name what someone is wearing, who is in your environment, and basically what is going on around you so you are basing your hunches on things that you yourself observe and can cite. An N would be more likely to say "Iunno I just felt that way".

I think.
    Yep.

Deductive vs inductive reasoning?
    I don't know about all that.

One example of this that I read in Please Understand Me II was about the hippie communes of the 70s which both NFs and SP were attracted to. Apparently the NFs thought the hedonism wasn't enough and wanted more, you know "deep answers" Lol I laugh because I know how something like that can seem condescending towards sensors. Like "What, you think all I wanna do is smoke weed and sleep around and sing songs by the campfire??" But I think what the author was trying to say is that sensors, particularly SPs, excel at *living in the moment*. There is no meaning to labor over to extract out of a moment, it is enough to be alive in that moment to find beauty and meaning. Whereas and intuitive can't even contemplate the moment because they are too busy thinking about what they are supposed to be experiencing the moment and how it could be better and what's going on in the next 5 minutes, etc. That's why the NF hippies couldn't enjoy the communes or feel a sense of satisfaction or support? that their SP brethren could.
    I think this is right. It's how a person can tell Sensor artists/writers often from Intuitive artists/writers as well.

It's why I always balk at the suggestion that Andy Warhol was an ENTP or something, because the man repeatedly told people that his art wasn't "about" anything. I think he was annoyed by the implication that his art had to have some sort of "deeper" message.

That isn't to say that Sensor artists/writers never have meaning to their work - to the contrary, William Wordsworth wrote very beautiful, moving, emotional poetry. But it wasn't symbolic poetry - it was a glorification of the simple, pastoral life, of everyday common speech, and the glories of people and nature which can be observed with the five senses.

I also think Agatha Christie was ISFJ vs. INFJ...she was a VERY intelligent ISFJ, and definitely gave all of her characters motives and secrets and dark sides....she never made any of her characters out to be overtly "nice"...I love that about her novels, her realism about human nature...but the overall structure of her novels is just that: very structured, very based upon observable clues, typical English village social situations, and human drama, all tied up at the end with a profoundly (and endearingly) SJ-good-citizen conception of right and wrong, and good versus evil. I'm a huge fan of Christie's, I love her work, so please understand that I'm just explaining, and not at all criticizing.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    guesswho and kdude are referring to Lenore Thompson's view of the world. That's what she says in her book. For example, she says that Ni is a left brain function (you'd think it would be right)
    I heard that "Eureka!" moments were traced to the right temporal lobe

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/ap...cation.science

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/i...l.pbio.0020097
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I think.
    Introverted functions are based on data that is taken in some form. S or N. That does not mean that you, as an onlooker, can discern the connection made by another person just by observation. For Si doms, the perceptive connection would be based on what they've both seen and experienced in the past. An N dom has to also start with past information taken in, but their connection more can more likely be based on something that wasn't included in the past.

For both, the connection made may be clear to that person but it might not. A Si dom can often be sure of himself but not sure why, and that's where they struggle. To them they could be thinking "I have seen this before, I'm sure what it is, but I don't remember where". This could really be Ni. Either way, unless the answer is blatantly obvious to any dope in the room, what they're thinking cannot be readily apparent to you until they explain their thinking. At that point you may be able to discern if the thought process was abstract or straightforward in nature. But unless you have that kind of information, you won't be able to discern intorverted Sensing vs Intution. That's why it's hardest to identify Si vs Ni in people, with many confused if they are ISTJ/INTJ.

You're describing what appears to be Se. That's not how I as a Si dom work.

The difference with N is it's wider future/possibility orientation. S is more preserving (like with Si) or just immediately opportunistic (like with Se..which generally cuts to the chase a lot in finding options. Ne thinks on a bigger contextual level, at the expense of some details). Yet all detect patterns in a way. And all are stimulated by some originating point of data. MBTI wasn't meant to address intuition in the sense of mysteriousness. It's rummaging through information like anything else is. There are new and creative associations and juxtapositions with an N, but it's not coming from a unexplainable source. I'm going to know a genuine ENP, for example, because they're bright as hell and make a lot of cool points.. they cast a sort of widescreen view to things and appeal to untapped inventive sides in myself too. If someone just told me they couldn't explain themselves, I'd be a little disappointed, wondering what's on their mind.